Good morning.

I plan to mount a serious xpenology, as hardware had thought this:

Motherboard: FM2A78M-ITX ---- 85 €

CPU: AMD X4 860K AD860KXBJASBX ---- 64.50 €

Case: FD-CA-NODE-304-BL - - - 69 €

RAM: 2x4GB DDR3

Discs: 4x 3TB 3.5 ''

Silent Power Supply 500W.

I'll use it mainly for plex, so I need if or if a processor 4 cores for transcoding.

you know if I have enough with this ???

what is priceless is that I have it and I have to buy it.

more consultation, more records could put 2 120GB SSD for the SSD cache, you know if it's worth ???

Thank you

Why don't you take like N3710 together with motherboard, if money is an issue? Also take less powerful power supply because the stronger it is, the worse consumption is when used only minimally.

And you don't need SSD cache, if you are not going to use link aggregation (with at least 3 or 4 ports).

It's worth checking if you can get a rebate on a Dell T20 server with a Xeon CPU in your country - The server has been available in the UK for the equivalent of €260 with a 3.2Ghz Quad core Xeon and 4GB of RAM. The server in my sig. transcodes high bit rate 1080p movies down to 720p 4Mbps at around 12x realtime and remuxes 720p TV to the same quality at 30x.

Why don't you take like N3710 together with motherboard, if money is an issue? Also take less powerful power supply because the stronger it is, the worse consumption is when used only minimally.

And you don't need SSD cache, if you are not going to use link aggregation (with at least 3 or 4 ports).

that processor spends little, but the problem is that for that socket have not found any plate with more than 4 SATA.

the end of the day I will not be always on, and AMD Cool & Quiet with energy also saves automatically

It's worth checking if you can get a rebate on a Dell T20 server with a Xeon CPU in your country - The server has been available in the UK for the equivalent of €260 with a 3.2Ghz Quad core Xeon and 4GB of RAM. The server in my sig. transcodes high bit rate 1080p movies down to 720p 4Mbps at around 12x realtime and remuxes 720p TV to the same quality at 30x.

I had seen that server, but the problem is I want something small, so I have chosen this case, that the measure is longer little 30CM

A query more, you know if you can use the option to suspend Xpenology hard drives and X time after shutting down the computer?

I is that I turned in my current team and does not work I do not know if it is a function that does not work or I have to set something else.

Thank you