XPEnology Community

using XPEnolog5.2-5644.5 unable to login to synology account

AllGamer

I'd like to use the QuickConnect.to from Synology.

I've several legit boxes of Synology, so I thought I'd be able to login using my legit Serial numbers and MAC address from one of my physical Synology boxes that is already registered in my synology account, but when I try to login using the same credentials it gives me that error.

I made sure the Serial was correct in syslinux.cfg

I'm running XPEnology 5.2-5644.5 in VMware so it was easy to use the actual MAC address from one of the old Synology Boxes i retired.

Is this a known bug with 5644.5 ?

Do I need to revert back to an older version?

I tried something similar with the Nanoboot x86 DS214play DSM, and it gave me the same error, unable to login with my account, but if I login from a real Synology Box, then the account works just fine.

i'm out of ideas :?::-|:???:

You'll need to specify both the serial and mac address in the syslinux.cfg file in order for it to work. This is not guaranteeing it will work though...unless maybe the real Synology is no longer using quickconnect. This would mean the xpe box is taking ownership of the serial and mac address and *should* then work.

Posted via Xpenology.us

AllGamer, just add mac1=0011223344BBFF to your syslinux.cfg file. Example below. Continue with mac2= mac3= etc if you have multiple NICs.

root=/dev/md0 ihd_num=0 netif_num=4 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs sn=B845R4565 mac1=0011223344BBFF vid=0x0EA0 pid=0x2168 loglevel=0 vga=0x305

Posted via Xpenology.us