XPEnology Community

Intel N3050/3150

abced

You might have heard that there were some serious problems with DSM6 and DS216+ and DS716+, so Synology discountinued those two units and will be selling DS216+II and DS716+II instead. The only difference is that old models had N3050/N3150 and new will have N3060/N3160.

So I was wondering, was that a problem with Synology modified hardware and DSM or there could be incompatibility with the CPU itself? I have N3150 myself and I am a bit worried that there would be problems with Xpenology DSM6 once it's released.

Anybody did any research on that issue?

Source: https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopi ... 1&t=117924

Apparently the only reason why they moved to N3160 is because the N3150 was phased out by Intel, but since no recalls have been issued, I believe there are no problems with the processor itself and DS716+ and DS216+ will continue to receive support and upgrades... I myself have an Asrock N3150M and I have no intention to change it...

Inviato dal mio Nexus 10 utilizzando Tapatalk

About differences between braswell N3xxx and new J3xxx CPUs, it's only about newer CPU stepping. This new D stepping increase boost CPU and GPU frequency and fix some GPU bugs. Motherboard layout is at most case same

I see your signature says you're running an ASRock J3160-ITX, can I ask where you found it for sale?

I bought it in local PC e-shop (Czech Republic): https://www.czc.cz/asrock-j3160dc-itx-intel-j3160/190221/produkt

But they are shipping to Czech and Slovakia Republic only. Try to find shop via Google or local distributor/seller at ASRock website. I saw that Amazon UK has it in stock. ASRock J3160DC-ITX is a quite new product and most of sellers has stil his predecessor ASRock N3150DC-ITX in stock, which is identical except the new CPU stepping D (no big deal, only a little bit increased boost CPU frequency).

Posted via Xpenology.us