XPEnology Community

DSM 6.0 tool chains released

M230

Understood it is from beta, but it technically should work using the toolchains from current.

I agree under GPLv2 they are required to. I was just saying in lieu of current source.

I also have the beta toolchains and beta pat. I just hadn't gotten around to compiling it yet. Now that I have some free time I was going to mess with it.

I agree under GPLv2 they are required to. I was just saying in lieu of current source. Understood it is from beta, but it technically should work using the toolchains from current. I also have the beta toolchains and beta pat. I just hadn't gotten around to compiling it yet. Now that I have some free time I was going to mess with it.

Let me know your results ^_^

Posted via Xpenology.us

• 2 weeks later...
So with DSM virtualization would we be able to, say, run DSM 7.0 on a 6.0 machine without the wait?

Kind of.. they specifically use Virtual DSM as an example of running different versions of DSM. Just don't know how far that goes when it comes to major release versions.

I think it's intended to allow you to go 'backward' to previous versions.. not forward.. So while you could keep someone at DSM VM 5.2, on a 6.0 system, installing a 'newer' version in a DSM VM is probably not something it was designed to do.