Memory at fb200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
        Memory at f9800000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=8M]
        Expansion ROM at fb100000 [disabled] [size=1M]
        Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
        Capabilities: [48] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [9c] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=128 Masked-
        Capabilities: [60] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [c0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=18 <?>
        Capabilities: [100] Alternative Routing-ID Interpretation (ARI)
        Capabilities: [148] Device Serial Number f4-52-14-03-00-3c-e9-c0
        Capabilities: [154] Advanced Error Reporting
        Capabilities: [18c] Secondary PCI Express
        Kernel driver in use: mlx4_core

seemingly it is using the driver, but still no network interface is enabled for it in the gui

additionally typing in modinfo in in putty to the synology returns a command not found error.

@pocopico

Below are the changes to the e1000e driver version up 21 hours ago.
Is it for self-test using DSM 7.0.1 driver in DSM 7.1 beta?

"ds3622xsp_42218": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/e1000e/releases/ds3622xsp_42218.json",
    "ds3622xsp_42550": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/e1000e/releases/ds3622xsp_42218.json",

Edited by Peter Suh

8 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

@pocopico

Below are the changes to the e1000e driver version up 21 hours ago.
Is it for self-test using DSM 7.0.1 driver in DSM 7.1 beta?

"ds3622xsp_42218": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/e1000e/releases/ds3622xsp_42218.json",
    "ds3622xsp_42550": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/e1000e/releases/ds3622xsp_42218.json",

Yes, i havent manage to boot the kernel yet though

Edited by pocopico

1 hour ago, p33ps said:
Hey,

For any reason, my virtio NICs added in a Proxmox VM in HP Proliant Gen8 are not detected when I check the ejecute the "listmods" parameter. I'd like to add the external extension but I can't find the proper json here. Could someone point me out where to find it?

Thanks!

I may be wrong but virtio drivers are natively included in redpill loader when you build it.

Edit :

https://github.com/dogodefi/redpill-load/blob/master/bundled-exts.json

image.thumb.png.6c42585ff4b45da08ccd45b007f68ee0.png

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jumkey/redpill-load/develop/redpill-virtio/rpext-index.json

image.thumb.png.59502a2a6b50df0b30da053dc749f9bd.png

Edited by Orphée

9 minutes ago, Orphée said:

I may be wrong but virtio drivers are natively included in redpill loader when you build it.

I supposed that too. See below:

tc@box:~$ lspci | grep Ethernet
00:12.0 Ethernet controller: Red Hat, Inc Virtio network device
00:13.0 Ethernet controller: Red Hat, Inc Virtio network device

When I check the mods:

tc@box:~$ sudo ./rploader.sh listmods broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218
jq: error (at <stdin>:1): Cannot iterate over null (null)
jq: error (at <stdin>:1): Cannot iterate over null (null)
Loader source : https://github.com/dogodefi/redpill-load.git Loader Branch : develop
Redpill module source : https://github.com/dogodefi/redpill-lkm.git : Redpill module branch : develop
Extensions :
Extensions URL :
TOOLKIT_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/toolkit/DSM7.0/ds.broadwellnk-7.0.dev.txz/download
TOOLKIT_SHA : 0d9edca67d9e7e14c2529bbb58341b623936124d5264f71f1e4acbacf3ea202d
SYNOKERNEL_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/Synology%20NAS%20GPL%20Source/25426branch/broadwellnk-source/linux-4.4.x.txz/download
SYNOKERNEL_SHA : d3e85eb80f16a83244fcae6016ab6783cd8ac55e3af2b4240455261396e1e1be
COMPILE_METHOD : toolkit_dev
TARGET_PLATFORM       : broadwellnk
TARGET_VERSION    : 7.0.1
TARGET_REVISION : 42218
REDPILL_LKM_MAKE_TARGET : dev-v7
KERNEL_MAJOR : 4
MODULE_ALIAS_FILE= modules.alias.4.json
Checking Internet Access -> OK
Redpill sources already downloaded, pulling latest
Already up to date.
Loader sources already downloaded, pulling latest
Already up to date.
Testing modules.alias.4.json -> File OK
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It looks that you will need the following modules :

Found IDE Controller : pciid 8086d00007010  Required Extension :
No matching extension
Found VGA Controller : pciid 1234d00001111  Required Extension : bochs_drm
bochs_drm
Searching for matching extension for bochs_drm
Found SATA Controller : pciid 8086d00002922  Required Extension : ahci
Searching for matching extension for ahci
Found Ethernet Interface : pciid 1af4d00001000 Required Extension :
No matching extension
Found Ethernet Interface : pciid 1af4d00001000 Required Extension :
No matching extension
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 hours ago, cferra said:

0000:04:00.0 Class 0200: Device 15b3:1003

that id is in the driver pocopico uses and if the lspci was from the actual 7.0.1 installation then the driver is laoded

whats in dmesg about the loading of the mlx4_core.ko and after that, there should be any error about mlx if it does not come up with a network interface in the gui

2 hours ago, cferra said:

which command should I run?

either you can use dmesg  as command (or dmesg|more) or open the file /var/log/dmesg in a editor (or copy it local on the nas to a folder in /volume1 that has a windows share so you can it use with windows or post it here

Hi all,

Trying to install DS3622xs+ on a Ryzen system 

CPU Ryzen 5 2600 6 cores

16 GB Ram

Motherboard is a Gigabyte B450M DS3H

I built the loader and Sata map was added as follows: DiskIdMap=0001 SataPortMap=91 this give me a error that something went wrong

Can someone please help me with this, I'm only using 1 hard drive for the moment to see how this would run on a Ryzen system (Test Machine)

this SataMap is the biggest pain at the moment...

Thanks all good day !

@IG-88@pocopico I can confirm that commenting out the detection of my mlx card and building the loader resulted in a working interface!  I am not sure what needs to be modified in the script to allow for this to work, but maybe something can be worked out?  in the interim, someone who wanted to build this with MLX3 card could, take the card out of the machine, build the loader and then install the card again after the loader is built for the initial boot.

@pocopico can you check the bnx drivers 

Your loader will not bring up a network on a Dell R410 trying to install DS3622xs+

I added a intel nic and I was able to make the loader, it pulled the drivers for bnx but that interface did not work when i pulled the intel nic card out

to test it...   Might be incomplete ?

please advise thanks

3 hours ago, ed_co said:

Does DS3622xs+ have tranconding like the 918+? Thanks!!

I think the answer is PLeX Transcoding needs a IGPU for hardware transcoding. Celerons & i3,i5,i7 have an IGPU. Xeon CPU's do not and therefor can not do the hardware transcoding you are thinking of. 

The question is eventho the DS3622xs+ has a xeon cpu ,But since it a newer cpu than what is in the 918+ is the PLeX transcoding ability  in the  pat file like it should be in the 918+ pat file, since the 918+ does Plex transcoding.  So, if setting up Xpenology mainly for plex with an newer i7 cpu should we use the 918+ or DS3622xs+ setup ?

2 hours ago, Green said:

I think the answer is PLeX Transcoding needs a IGPU for hardware transcoding. Celerons & i3,i5,i7 have an IGPU. Xeon CPU's do not and therefor can not do the hardware transcoding you are thinking of. 

The question is eventho the DS3622xs+ has a xeon cpu ,But since it a newer cpu than what is in the 918+ is the PLeX transcoding ability  in the  pat file like it should be in the 918+ pat file, since the 918+ does Plex transcoding.  So, if setting up Xpenology mainly for plex with an newer i7 cpu should we use the 918+ or DS3622xs+ setup ?

You don't need a GPU to transcode with plex, you have the option of letting plex do it or choose hardware transcoding if you have a plexpass paid account.  My system transcodes fine with no gpu.   

2 hours ago, Green said:

You don't need a GPU to transcode with plex, you have the option of letting plex do it or choose hardware transcoding if you have a plexpass paid account.  My system transcodes fine with no gpu.   I even have a Ryzen 5 2600 with no gpu transcoding my movies....

8 hours ago, painkiller895 said:

Hi all,

Trying to install DS3622xs+ on a Ryzen system 

CPU Ryzen 5 2600 6 cores

16 GB Ram

Motherboard is a Gigabyte B450M DS3H

I built the loader and Sata map was added as follows: DiskIdMap=0001 SataPortMap=91 this give me a error that something went wrong

Can someone please help me with this, I'm only using 1 hard drive for the moment to see how this would run on a Ryzen system (Test Machine)

this SataMap is the biggest pain at the moment...

Thanks all good day !

I figured it out after 5 edits and reboots...  DiskIdMap=01 SataPortMap=02

Thanks again

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cferra said:

@IG-88@pocopico I can confirm that commenting out the detection of my mlx card and building the loader resulted in a working interface!  I am not sure what needs to be modified in the script to allow for this to work, but maybe something can be worked out?  in the interim, someone who wanted to build this with MLX3 card could, take the card out of the machine, build the loader and then install the card again after the loader is built for the initial boot.

i suggested in a PM to remove the mlx driver(s) from the rp-loader and let take over the DSM's build-in drivers (when installing with just a mlx card present as nic that method is not going to work because in syno's rd.gz on the loader is no mlx driver)

!!! please provide the dmesg log from when @pocopico's driver was active maybe we can see whats going on - i think just mlx_core.ko as in @pocopico's driver repository is not enough, it also needs mlx4_en.ko (en - like ethernet, ib would be inifin band, so we dont need ib in most cases)

in synologys (external) driver also mlx4_core.ko depends on mlx_compat.ko, because of external mlx driver source

i can't build original kernels own mlx drivers with synology's kernel and kernel includes, looks they modded in a way that only builds with external source (or i have messed up my build system)