XPEnology Community

DSM 5.2-5967 out now - safe to install?

Well with all went wrong. My server rebooted and now it is not starting anymore. When I run the Assistant it reports that the internal IP address is changed and that I have to install everything again.

Anybody has a suggestion? I hope I didn't lost all of my data ..... :roll:

Well with all went wrong. My server rebooted and now it is not starting anymore. When I run the Assistant it reports that the internal IP address is changed and that I have to install everything again.

Anybody has a suggestion? I hope I didn't lost all of my data ..... :roll:

Are you sure you did not installed DSM 6?

Posted via Xpenology.us

• 3 weeks later...

I upgraded a few weeks back, and only just rebooted my NAS for other reasons (UPS swap), and now I cannot get into my NAS via network.

First thing to note, I have not changed any configurations within my network at all (literally shut everything down, swapped an NMC card on my UPS, and powered everything back up).

I'm getting an IP on each interface on my NAS (one 10Gig fiber, 1 x 1Gig NIC), and I can ping out from the NAS, but I cannot ping back to the nas from the rest of the local network. If I try to use Synology Assistant, it finds the two ports, but it says connection failed, and gives me the option to "setup" my NIC (which fails).

I'm at kind of a loss as to what is going on here...

So,

It turns out it was a bad NIC on my Domain Controller (which is also my primary DNS/DHCP server). Once I fixed its connection, everything started to respond and work correctly again.

Still not sure why the GUI wouldn't load (even with an IP instead of Domain name), but as long as it working, thats my main concern.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I am now quite sure that 5967 is an issue - my UPS setting is not now working correctly.

I did some testing (using free separate HDD) and I am now quite sure that everything worked fine with 5644-8, but under 5967 (0-1-2) this UPS setting (in fact whole part under Hardware & Power) is not usable. For example it is not possible to switch on "Enable UPS support".

So my advice is clear: not to upgrade to 5967 !

(On the other hand I have to confess that otherwise everything worked fine until I registered that malfunction, probably UPS setting was working until I tried to change something using DSM, then it was broken :mad: )

• 2 months later...

Regadring problem to set config in the Hardware & Power-menu, which basically means you can't config your UPS, I found out the problem.

If you look at the web trafic when you open the menu (Synologs normal web page, control panel-page), you see that the http response is a 500 (not a 200 OK), and you actually get a "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found"-page back from the Json-request, which of course is ignored. Looking at the request, and trying to remove different part of the json-object thats sent as a parameter, I found out that its SYNO.Core.Hardware.FanSpeed part thats causing the problem. If you remove that, and send the post again, it will return OK.

If you look in the /var/log/message file, you will see this entry for each http-request

Jan 4 21:36:11 DiskStation entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Hardware.FanSpeed[1].get[32445]: external/external_fan_adjust_config_full_speed.c:90 Cannot find HIGH fan table.

Right about here is where my Xpenology knowledge ends. Something is wack with the Fan settings/config/control, and since it can't get all the details to open the page, you can't edit the page correctly.