XPEnology Community

Cheap configuration

johndoe2011

Hello,

I would like to build a cheap configuration .

Could you please recommend two or 3 mobo that are working very well with DSM 4.1 or 4.2 ?

The mobo could be available on Ebay.......

Thanks a lot

Please be more specific, what are your requirements, what is the target system?

In generic, if you want a cheap build, I can recommend the HP N36L/N40L/N54L MicroServers, they are well priced and have really good performance.

Hello,

I would like to build a cheap configuration .

Could you please recommend two or 3 mobo that are working very well with DSM 4.1 or 4.2 ?

The mobo could be available on Ebay.......

Thanks a lot

Please be more specific, what are your requirements, what is the target system?

In generic, if you want a cheap build, I can recommend the HP N36L/N40L/N54L MicroServers, they are well priced and have really good performance.

+1 for HP microserver, unless you already have some old or existing hardware to reuse.

Hi,

I have an old Antec housing with a good power supply and 2 old HDD ( 80Go) , so I would like to change just the mobo + CPU + ram to have a basic system ( I am not looking for a first in class one).

Just would like to reuse old hardware with a new mobo that support well the DSM

Thanks

Hi,

I have an old Antec housing with a good power supply and 2 old HDD ( 80Go) , so I would like to change just the mobo + CPU + ram to have a basic system ( I am not looking for a first in class one).

Just would like to reuse old hardware with a new mobo that support well the DSM

Thanks

Well if you're already doing this, go for the HP servers. You can get an N40L around 150-200$ used, or even new today, and believe me, it will eat less, and work better, than your current PSU and case :grin:

I am quite happy with the N54L, great performance, low price, and you can basically smash 8-10-11 hard drives in this small box! Of course, with some performance giveaway (7 out of the 11 hard drives would be 2.5" only), but you can have a good rack's storage space quite easily. Cooling is also good, the hard drives make more noise than the fan itself, and it keeps quite cool.