XPEnology Community

cannot install dsm 6.2

techLerner

maybe you know exactly what hardware you use but we don't (sorry my crystal ball is back at Diagon Alley for checking)

beside a 64bit capable cpu the nic is important (pci vendor and device id would be best) and its needs to be ahci sata for the disk (so chipset used i the laptop makes a difference)

you don't write whats not working

most common is not found in network, no disk detected, error when installing dsm file

if its 1st problem then the next question seem obvious (and i asked about that before), whats the nic (network interface controller)

if its a specific notekook model like Samsung Series 3 (370), Fujitsu Lifebook AH532, HP 250 G2, or Lenovo ThinkPad T530 its possible to look it up in the specs

you could check about the hardware by booting a live linux and do a "lspci -v" that should list all hardware and even name the used driver

a class 0200 device would be a network controller

0000:07:00.0 Class 0200: Device 10ec:8168 (rev 16)

Subsystem: Device 1458:e000

Kernel driver in use: r8168

you can use synology assistant to find it in network when the loader is started (you need to have a dhcp server too in you network, often the internet router)

2nd important thing is the storage

0000:01:00.0 Class 0106: Device 197b:0585 (prog-if 01)
        Subsystem: Device 197b:0000.

Kernel driver in use: ahci

if its "ata_piix" the check bios for native sata/ahci setting