XPEnology Community

DSM 5.2 5592 Update 4 To DSM 6

PSP91

hi guys

im currently running on DSM 5.2 5592 an just wanting to know if it's best to go up too the latest version available that been the DSM 5.2 5644 Update 5 / 8

and if so is it safe to do the jump? or go up each version / update individually

or

should i wait for DSM 6 and then do the jump

what's your thoughts guys??

Cheers

brantje is suggesting that you create a test VM for installing the updates, it has nothing to do with DSM6.

The DSM6 feature is to run virtual DSM machines (guests) on a DSM box (host - bare metal).

You don't have to install all the updates individually. Just grab the latest.

Why are yo not using 5.2-5644?

brantje is suggesting that you create a test VM for installing the updates, it has nothing to do with DSM6.

The DSM6 feature is to run virtual DSM machines (guests) on a DSM box (host - bare metal).

You don't have to install all the updates individually. Just grab the latest.

Why are yo not using 5.2-5644?

yeah i know what brantje was saying but like i said i have no idea on doing / creating a VM

an i'm not on 5644 as when i came out there was issues with it to start with an mine was working fine so went on the if it's not broke don't fix it theory, but obviously updates / bootloaders came out and solved the issues but i didn't upgrade as i was busy doing other things but im free again to do the upgrade now

you reckon going straight to DSM 5.2 5644 update 5 will be fine ??

Try to download Oracle VM VIrtualBox and play around with it, a hypervisor is a useful and powerful tool with many use cases.

HowTos can be found via google.

Update to 5.2-5644 then apply update 5 or 8.