XPEnology Community

Stuck on Checking Quota

karlpox

Hi,

Good day! My setup has been stuck on checking quota for quite some time now. This happened when we got a power interruption and one of the volume got degraded. One of the drives was removed from the volume, so I rebooted the server and hoping that it would be ok. The drive became OK but not a part of the volume anymore, so I repaired the volume and added the drive. Now another power interruption came and the server was not able to complete its task. Now the server is stuck on the checking quota status. Any body knows how to fix this? I also tried choosing the Install/Upgrade option because I thought it might fix it if I redo everything but the server just boots normally and again stuck on the checking quota status.

Karl

checking quota might be because the volume is rebuilding (disk parity checking), depending on how large your volume is this can take a long while. I would leave the box 'cooking' and just see what happens, keep an eye on it with Syno Assistant. You could also probably check the volume status if you have SNMP and ssh/telnet enabled.