XPEnology Community

DSM 6 - Help the Devs

Kapa

Hi,

I don't know about you but I love my NAS (HP N54L) and being able to use it with XPEnology is a great privilege that the developers with their had work helped to put out. Yes Synology is the first to blame but the guys that make it work on our home made NAS are our rockstars.

I don't really know or have contact with any of them, and I know the tools are not yet out, but I think it would be great if one of the DEVs made some kind of donation account for those who want to help with big or small "beers" for their work. Also all of you complaining that is taking too long to DSM 6.0 to come out, put your money where your mouth is and STFU.

In the past donations have been split between (or at least available to) all XPEnoboot Team Members. Some of us have opted out of collecting (or cashing in) donations and passed our shares to the other team members instead. Donations are nice (and getting free beers even more so), but that isn't the driving force behind the project. In fact I'm not really sure what the driving force is... I expect we all have our own motivations. When Poechi ran his site all of the donations that went there were split between the team, but now that we have disconnected distribution locations its harder to consolidate donations and unfortunately we (as the XPEnoboot Team) have not put together a central site for the project (partially due to avoiding Synology & partially due to laziness).

Unfortunately I've lost track of who operates what websites, so I can't give a suggestion for where to donate to ensure the XPEnoboot Team gets it. Maybe another Team Member has more details.

Edit: Thanks for the support and asking how best to support us. We love hearing from the community and seeing you guys help each other and enjoy our work. Until we have solid donation system setup my suggestion is to pay us back by 'paying it forward'; support us by helping the next guy with questions.

All the work and feedback is much appreciated, there is a high likelihood that many of us that haunt this, and other sites, are in financially viable situations (ability and understanding of handling money not withstanding). Charity to those less fortunate might also be an option. Have no idea how that would be managed.