XPEnology Community

4.3 issues

VeNoM

I can't get ISCSI to work.

When ever I create a File og Block level LUN, and assigns it to a target, the whole process hangs, and I can't connect to it from an initiator. This worked fine for me on 4.2. I have tried this on two different hardware setups, with the same result.

Can some one please confirm or deny if ISCSI works please.

And thank you so much Trantor for the great work.

I can't make that IMG MAC Editor 2 Works, it makes a fault everytime i run it.

Is it possible that someone can make 2 copies of Ver 4.3 with different mac adress and serial numbers??

I can't Work with Linux and i dont have a machine with Linux on.

If someone will help me, here is the info:

Machine 1:

Mac: 00:15:17:31:A3:F3

Serial: B7J4N008930

Machine 2:

Mac: 00:15:17:31:A3:F2

Serial: B7J4N008931

Regards

Guldhammer

Is it possible that someone can make 2 copies of Ver 4.3 with different mac adress and serial numbers??

Machine 1:

Machine 2:

Regards

Guldhammer

Two solutions:

1. Install Linux in VM

2. Install XPE on one of the devices, then edit the boot USB on it.

Machine 1:

Machine 2:

Regards

Guldhammer

Two solutions:

1. Install Linux in VM

2. Install XPE on one of the devices, then edit the boot USB on it.

Dont use VM.

After installing Debian Chroot I've tried to make it run on boot.

The result?

My HDDs and volume disappeared.

Please help...

Aug 24 03:02:08 Synology2 spacetool.shared: space_disk_block_get.c:63 Failed to open path: /dev/sda, errno=No such file or directory

Aug 24 03:02:08 Synology2 spacetool.shared: space_disk_block_get.c:63 Failed to open path: /dev/sdb, errno=No such file or directory

;

;

;etc

;

;

;

Aug 24 03:02:20 Synology2 synoreport: src/lib/util.c:553 (No such file or directory)(src/lib/util.c:553)(No such file or directory)cannot get share path, share=video

Aug 24 03:02:20 Synology2 synoreport: src/synoreport.c:476 (No such file or directory)init location failed

Aug 24 03:02:20 Synology2 synoreport: src/lib/util.c:553 (No such file or directory)(src/lib/util.c:553)(No such file or directory)cannot get share path, share=video

Aug 24 03:02:20 Synology2 synoreport: src/synoreport.c:476 (No such file or directory)init location failed

Aug 24 03:02:21 Synology2 avahi-daemon[8532]: Failed to add service 'Synology2' of type '_http._tcp', ignoring service group (/usr/syno/avahi/services/http.service): Invalid record

Aug 24 03:02:21 Synology2 synoreport: src/lib/util.c:553 (No such file or directory)(src/lib/util.c:553)(No such file or directory)cannot get share path, share=video

Aug 24 03:02:21 Synology2 synoreport: src/lib/util.c:604 (No such file or directory)(src/lib/util.c:604)(No such file or directory)get report location failed

Aug 24 03:02:21 Synology2 synoreport: src/synoreport.c:317 (No such file or directory)(src/synoreport.c:317)(No such file or directory)init path failed, section=global

Aug 24 03:02:21 Synology2 synoreport: src/synoreport.c:424 (No such file or directory)(src/synoreport.c:424)(No such file or directory)init profile failed, profile=global

Aug 24 03:02:21 Synology2 synoreport: src/lib/util.c:553 (No such file or directory)(src/lib/util.c:553)(No such file or directory)cannot get share path, share=video

Aug 24 03:02:21 Synology2 synoreport: src/synoreport.c:476 (No such file or directory)init location failed

Aug 24 03:02:22 Synology2 synocheckhotspare: synocheckhotspare.c:135 [iNFO] No hotspare config, skip hotspare config check. [0x0000 (null):0]

Aug 24 03:02:22 Synology2 synofstool: volume_fs_cache_dump.c:38 [info] NO volume exists, skip generate fstab

Aug 24 03:02:22 Synology2 synopkg: pkgstartstop.cpp:89 Package target path broken, Perl

Aug 24 03:02:22 Synology2 synopkg: pkgstartstop.cpp:89 Package target path broken, py3k

trying to install 4.3 on barebones using a M1015 flashed to IT mode, this card uses the mpt2sas drivers which worked great under 4.2, the issue I'm having is that the HD attached to the M1015 controller are not recognized, I found kind of a solution on this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1361&start=80 however, when I use that zimage on the usb it does recognized the drivers but the i210 nic's are not and neither is the onboard SATA controller,

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

the board is a ASRCOK E3C224 4l with a E1330 cpu, again the controller is a ServeRaid M1015 flashed to IT mode, the HD are WD Red 3tb

trying to install 4.3 on barebones using a M1015 flashed to IT mode, this card uses the mpt2sas drivers which worked great under 4.2, the issue I'm having is that the HD attached to the M1015 controller are not recognized, I found kind of a solution on this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1361&start=80 however, when I use that zimage on the usb it does recognized the drivers but the i210 nic's are not and neither is the onboard SATA controller,

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

the board is a ASRCOK E3C224 4l with a E1330 cpu, again the controller is a ServeRaid M1015 flashed to IT mode, the HD are WD Red 3tb

Trantor is fixing it in the next release, check this out: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1361&start=110

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nepkmcj5csg93 ... 8%2058.jpg

further loading is not.

the same situation with all builds + + (4.1, 4.2).

Mb BioStar A770E (RTL) SocketAM2+ < AMD 770> PCI-E+GbLAN SATA RAID ATX 4DDR-II

Cpu Athlon 620 x4

Ddr2 5 gb

Hdd 160gb for test

Gigabit Ethernet ACORP L-1000S PCI

screenshot made after detaching and attaching the boot flash

DSM 4.3 in VMWare ruins my Battlefield 3 gameplay... my game is lagging insanely !!

you can see the massive lag going on in this video (starts at 1:40)

I've installed the following Packages:

- Audio station

- Cloud station

- Download station

- GIT Server

- High Availabillity

- iTunes Server

- Java Manager

- Media Server

- Perl

- Photo Station

- phpMyAdmin

- Plex Media server

- Python

- Python 3

- SVN

- Video Station

- VPN Server

The VMWare client, runs on a different server on the LAN (not on my gaming computer).. so it's pretty severe that it can ruin the whole network !!

edit:

NONE of the above apps are configured, and only 2 GB images is served in PhotoStation.

I haven't tried shutting down apps one by one (yet) so i dont know if its a single app that is evil :twisted:

Edited by Guest

@Montago: You should probably have an own thread for your issues. Also you should describe the complete setup you are running. To me it looks as if you are running a local VMWare Workstation with XPenology and now you are complaining that this takes CPU-Time which leads to lags in Battlefield. Also if you run your copies from the local PC to the VM, you should consider the virtualization layer and some disk i/o blockages which will probably cause your pc to be slower than expected.

@Montago: You should probably have an own thread for your issues. Also you should describe the complete setup you are running. To me it looks as if you are running a local VMWare Workstation with XPenology and now you are complaining that this takes CPU-Time which leads to lags in Battlefield. Also if you run your copies from the local PC to the VM, you should consider the virtualization layer and some disk i/o blockages which will probably cause your pc to be slower than expected.

You didn't read what i wrote:

The VMWare client, runs on a different server on the LAN (not on my gaming computer)..

my Lan setup:

- One server running VMWare with 3 virtual servers: DomainController, WebServer+VPN and XPenology DSM4.3

- Two Gaming computers

- One Laptop

- One Synology DS409Slim

Between all nodes there are 1 Gbit Wired Ethernet

It is uncertain if the problem stems from LAN interference (DSM talking too much on lan) or Internet interference (DSM doing QoS heavy tasks on internet)

Like i said, the XPenology is almost unconfigured ... i set it up in VMWare and have installed 15 apps, but didn't configure any of the apps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nepkmcj5csg93id/%D0%A4%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE%2024.11.13%2C%2012%2028%2058.jpg

further loading is not.

the same situation with all builds + + (4.1, 4.2).

Mb BioStar A770E (RTL) SocketAM2+ < AMD 770> PCI-E+GbLAN SATA RAID ATX 4DDR-II

Cpu Athlon 620 x4

Ddr2 5 gb

Hdd 160gb for test

Gigabit Ethernet ACORP L-1000S PCI

screenshot made after detaching and attaching the boot flash

It does not have to load further. Here is the point where you use your web browser to access the server and install the whole system.

Except of course if your NIC is not supported in the release, in which case you cannot make any network connection.