XPEnology Community

SHUTTLE BAREBONES NO CMOS RESET

ALEXANDREU

Hi family,

Recently joined to the board, and wanted to say greatings from Barcelona - Spain.

After reading a lot of info regarding CMOS Reset, and a few workarounds/solutions, instead getting a low TDP motherboard (which is in scope), I wanted to test DSM as much as possible with my existing hardware.

After reading, and experiencing, CMOS Reset with most of my HP´s rigs (DC7800-7900-8000-XW4600-Z400), I decided to jump to the Shuttle Barebone, which most of them run AWARD Bios.

After testing XPEnology DSM 5.2-5644 successfully with these models, I can confirm they run smoth and are quite nice candidates to run this boxes.

SX48P2

SD37P2

SP39P2

SP35P2

SD30G2

I have been playing with same hardware setup ( 1 Usb Stick + 2 x 500Gb HDD ) swapping it from one rig to the other, playing with upgrades (no clear idea if I will jump to DSM 6.0), behaviour is FLAWLESS.

So...I am trying to find out a LOW TDP CPU and low as much as possible energy consumption.

By the way, to perform initial setup you "must" plug a VGA, but once you are done it can be removed, rig is going to boot up either, so less Watts to care.

:grin:

Regards!