XPEnology Community

Abnormality detected on nas, after update

ilaurens

I did the update when Xpenology asked me to, but after the reboot I am getting the web assistent and it says detected that hardisks has been moved, after trying to migrate it says that I need install files #7321 or later. I cannot access the interface anymore, I do not want to re-install. Any idea how to solve this? or do I need to wait for xpenology to release 7321? Thanks in advance. 

I tried using automatic updates does not work, it restarts but nothing is applied, and still getting the same page. 

Afterwards, I tried the refresh option (forgot the name), so it restored the defaults while keeping the harddisk intact. But the harddisk is unmounted: Abnormality detected on nas. All volumes have been unmounted.

Do I need to wait for a bootloader, or something? did I pull the gun to early, thought only proper updates would appear (*.*), anyway some info:

DSM 6.0-7321

Q1900DC-ITX, 8 GB RAM, 4 harddisks. 

Posted via Xpenology.us

You have to revert back to 5.2 because DSM 6 does not work yet.

In case you have not noticed, XPEnology is not opensource but a hacked OS copied from Synology. It is not meant to be used in 'production', meaning that you should not store your important files on XPEnology because it is very experimental and could suddenly stop working.

I noticed that this is your first post on the forum, I understand you are scared you are losing all your stuff and post quickly because you need help. But you are not the only one who upgraded to DSM 6. Hopefully you can downgrade. There are guides on the forum.

(sorry be an asshole, XPEnology might have become to popular and people expect this stuff to work. It is great software, but dont rely on it.)

Edit: Brantje beat me to it :smile:

Pfffew, thanks guys. 

Though, I regret deleting the settings, I'm happy that the files will be safe. It's not perse super important, I do have backup files, and from time of time, I need stuff on it. I will have to re-install sickrage and multiple accounts again, though ;(

haha, anyway. Thank you. I'm thinking about waiting for the new bootloader, how long does this normally take? any idea? 

Posted via Xpenology.us