XPEnology Community

Can't get in my router anymore?!

HuisbaasBob

Hey there!

First of all, i'm very positive about XPEnology! It's a very good OS.

I have one little problem, since the beginning of my journey, i can't log in on my router to make changes anymore. Now you're already thinking "Go nag by your ISP!".

But the problem is by the NAS. When the nas isn't plugged in the router, there's nothing and the router functions normally. But when i plug it in the trouble begins, I can't login on my router anymore. When I unplug and restart it, it works like before.

I want to have my NAS 24/7 on, so simply turning it off when I need to make some changes isn't an option.

I hope that some of you guys have an solution.

Your NAS may have been set with a static IP address that is the same at the Router, or may be set to be a DHCP server with the same scope as the router.

Suggest you disconnect your router and run Syno assistant to check the network configuration

I agree with both posts :smile:

If you cant reach the NAS without the router you could try giving your pc or laptop a static ip in the same range as the nas (different IP, same subnetmask and gateway, leave DNS empty) and connect to the nas using the ip adres (not the name).

change the ip settings to DHCP and see if that helps when connecting it back to the network.

Your NAS may have been set with a static IP address that is the same at the Router, or may be set to be a DHCP server with the same scope as the router.

Suggest you disconnect your router and run Syno assistant to check the network configuration

So I think I have found the problem. By the "Gateway" Section, I've filled in the router's IP adress and i think there's the fault. But i have really no idea what i have to fill in now. I've tried the same IP as the DSM, and an random ip.

I've also set the DSM his IP outside of the DHCP-pool so it can't interfear again with the router's DHCP