XPEnology Community

i3 10105 + MSI H510I Installation fails, can't find nas

MDestiny

Hi, I have i3 10150 cpu and MSI H510I PRO WiFI mb with Realtek ® 8125B 2.5Gbit/s LAN Controller.

I tried Jun's loader version 1.04b for DS918+.

I can't install dsm (tried 6.2.3, 6.2.2). I see "go to find.synology.com" during an installation. But I can't find my nas, I tried synology assistant with no success.

I googled the reason, it seems my lan controller is not supported by default. I downloaded drivers here 

Downloaded DSM_DS918+_25426.pat, extracted it and moved rd.gz and zImage file to my synoboot image. Still I can't find my nas during installation.

Is there anything I can do more?

Hi, I think your issue it's your network card... That Realtek it's new and DSM does not have drivers for them.

Maybe you should try RedPill TinyCore and install DSM 7 because the Tinycore will try and figure out your drivers... hopefully @pocopico has created an extension for your realtek...

Edited by gadreel

16 часов назад, gadreel сказал:

Hi, I think your issue it's your network card... That Realtek it's new and DSM does not have drivers for them.

Maybe you should try RedPill TinyCore and install DSM 7 because the Tinycore will try and figure out your drivers... hopefully @pocopico has created an extension for your realtek...

Thanks, I'll try DSM 7, hope it will run :)

3 hours ago, MDestiny said:

realtek rtl8168b driver is marked as supported.

Probably.  The only way to actually know 100% for sure is to get the PCI ID of the card and check against the drivers (or just try it and see).  For $15 you can try it and return it right?

The Intel CT card is deliberately made by Intel with an older silicon for backward compatibility reasons.  That is not the case with the silicon on newer motherboards, for example.