XPEnology Community

Can't connect to my NAS through network anymore

jpbaril

Hi,

I had to reboot my Linux machine the other day and since then I cannot connect to my NAS (which is a VM on that same machine).

From what I see on screen the NAS seems to boot fine. It's like it just does not get a network connection. The NAS has a static ip. The router does not see it.

I'm on DSM_5.2-5644 Update-3 with XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5644.5.iso.

Is there something I can change through the command line to correct this? Or is this a known bug that Update-5 solves? In this last case, how can I upgrade without the web gui?

Thanks

Try navigating on your browser to http://find.synology.com to see if the server is found and somehow the IP has changed.

If not, on the NAS console login as root using the password you use to access DSM

Try ifconfig to see if you have the expected IP or an IP at all.

If you don't have an IP you can define one manually using something like this (sample for eth0, ip 192.168.1.20 , gateway 192.168.1.1):

ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.20 netmask 255.255.255.0

route add default gw 192.168.1.1 eth0

In other case check connectivity via network tools (traceroute, etc..)

Well, I don't know what happened with my Ubuntu host, but apparently, the network bridge I had for months stopped working. I removed it and recreated it, which makes the connection to work correctly again. I would not have thought. (well, I did, but again, strange...)