XPEnology Community

Downgrade from DSM 6.0

brantje

I have downgrade from 6 to version 5.2-5544.5. Everything is working , except the icons disapeared from the menu`s and checkboxes. Only the icons disapeared, i can still use the checkboxes and menu.

Is there any way of restoring the icons?

had the same problem with DSM 6.0

I don't know if it working, but try to reinstall the pat file with 5.2

I have downgrade from 6 to version 5.2-5544.5. Everything is working , except the icons disapeared from the menu`s and checkboxes. Only the icons disapeared, i can still use the checkboxes and menu.

Is there any way of restoring the icons?

had the same problem with DSM 6.0

I don't know if it working, but try to reinstall the pat file with 5.2

Any chance to restore the icons ?

I have reinstalled the 5.2 pat . Maybe there is a solution to read the files from a 5.2 pat and put them in place manually. What I think is that some master layouts files remained from 6.0 and the path to the css and icons in there are wrong.

Any chance to restore the icons ?

I have reinstalled the 5.2 pat . Maybe there is a solution to read the files from a 5.2 pat and put them in place manually. What I think is that some master layouts files remained from 6.0 and the path to the css and icons in there are wrong.

Have you tried to upgrade to DSM6.0 again and then downgrade again ?

How whould this solve the problem?

I had the 5-5592 and upgraded to 5644 and still the same problem so , I don`t think upgrading to 6.0 and downgrading would solve the issue.

i dont no, bu it could have something to to with dam 6.0 if you had upgraded to that earlier

when i have these problems i just try something and sometimes it works

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys:

Did somebody experience errors after downgrading when you try to install the same packages you had before? In my case i started installation "from scratch" without formating my drives. But i have aa unconfortable side effect. I cant install almost any previpus package (java, virtualbox, transmission...) but i can install plex .

Someone can tell me what the heck do i have to delete in order to be able to install all my previous packages?

Thanks in advance

Alberto

• 3 weeks later...

I currently have a similar problem.

firstly I am a Newb in all this

My son setup the original EXPenology site for me and is currently unavailable to help.

I am computer literate and can follow directions...

here is my dilemma!

something I have done has caused my site to become unavailable on my network...( it was probably me...however I dont know what caused the problem

nor do I know how to fix it!)

anyway... I found that when booting up fromUSB it would stall at this:

Excution Error

============Date============

Sat June 11 14:44:55 UTC 2016

===========================

DiskStation Login:

(Execution is mis-spelt.)

I created a new USB Boot using the latest 5.2-5645.5 image, and I picked up on the forum how to apply Synology Helper and got the following message:

We've detected that the hard drives of your current DS3615xs had been moved from a previous

DS3615xs, and installing a newer DSM is required before continuing.

Device Info:

Model DS3615xs

IP Address: 10.1.1.25

Serial Number: C8KWN00266

Mac Address: 00:11:32:16:24:26

Firmware version: 5.2-5644

DSM version 6.0-7393

I can see that there is something wrong here but I need help on how to fix it

Thanks

Peter

I posted the idea below in another thread about busted system partitions, but it could apply as a way to 'downgrade' too - backup data first of course :smile:

If you have a 1 disk fault tolerant system (eg SHR1) you could try;

1) Disconnect all disks except the one on SATA port 1

2) Erase the DSM partitions with a partition utility

3) Re install DSM

4) Create and delete a volume

After these steps you should have a 'working' XPE/DSM system with a 'good' system partition

Then

5) Shutdown and reconnect your other drives

6) DSM should boot from the disk on SATA port 1

7) Storage Manager will warn that System Partitions have failed, and Volume is crashed. You should be able to repair both

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How do i donwgrade? I dont know how to start any reinstallation at all. I've loaded version 5.2 to my USB boot drive but the system just boots to 6.0 anyway

By following the guide. Changing bootloader doesn't change your DSM version.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi. I read all your instructions and still having trouble dealing after an accidental DSM 6 upgrade.

I run XPEnology 5.2-5644 in a ESXI6 vm.

After the (accidental) upgrade, the system reboots and asks for the PAT file. Neither the old 5644, nor the 8451 will work. I also amended the VERSION file as instructed but the Synology after reboot still shows in Synology Assitant as Version 6.0-8451.

I am stuck because the 8451 installation doesnt complete and the 5644 also doesnt work.

Any tips?

• 2 weeks later...
@ingen300 - please you are trolling! We know that DSM 6 is not compatible with the current Xpenoboot!

It was automatic updated!

The only thing that worked was:

1. Boot into Install Upgrade mode

2. Run SynoAssyst in order to find IP

3. Open browser to Install Wizard

4. Choose Clean install (delete settings, preserve files)

5. Install DSM_5.2-5644

6. Reboot and login with Admin and blank password

7. Make manual upgrade (one by one), from Update-1, Update-2, Update-3, Update-5 (there is no Update-4).

The files for upgrade are here.

8. Reconfigure the nas... (two hours).

I took all these steps but when I login I get the error "Abnormality detected on (NAS Name). All volumes have been unmounted." Help :sad:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...