XPEnology Community

DSM 6.0 is released :D

komarto

Hi

Just to let you know i updated my HP N54L via the online update, DSM 6 is working fine.....BUT....... I had to do a full install losing my config....AND the disk drive will not create a volume on it!!!! so don't do it if you want to keep your system.

Fortunatly this is only a backup of my official box so i just need to roll back the usb key and get it back!!!

Was worth a try.

There will probably be a round of minor updates following the launch. It would be a bit premature of the dev team if they release dsm 6 too soon. Synology will simply screw with things to prevent the release from working after a minor patch. The dev's will already have builds working on their own machines. We are better off being patient and wait for a reliable long term stable release imho.

DSM 6 is a really nice upgrade, with some very cool functionality, which I would really like to have on my custom boxes, but not at the expense of stability.

Hello,

I made the update by mistake (didn't saw it was a major release), now my NAS just don't boot :

JHzbNN5.jpg

Someone know how to rollback this or I just lost everything ?

Thanks for your help

Please see the topic linked below for directions on how to undo the upgrade.https://xpenology.us/forum/general-discussion/downgrade-dsm-60 

Posted via Xpenology.us

Does not work!!! Update can not be!

:lol:

since you need a new version of XPEnoboot with most big-ish updates say from 5.1 to 5.2 never mind going from 5.2 to 6.0

you might want to learn how to setup the update options - Hint: choose important updates only - check for important and security updates only, while retaining the current version of DSM

If you are using DSM 5.2-5644.5 to update the DSM 6.0. Make sure backup your file to external HDD.

Reason the after install DSM 6.0-7321 you HDD will become not mounted to DSM 6.0-7321.

Disadvantage Area Of DSM 6.0-7321

--------------------------------------------------

1. HDD will become not mounted into newest system (if you formatted the HDD cannot downgrade back to DSM 5.2-5644 )

2. Quick Connect can't use will prompt the system failed to perform the requested operation, there is an unknown error.

3.Cannot format the HDD or SCSI or Hot Spare

:oops::!: For more information downgrade DSM 6.0-7321 to DSM 5.2-5644 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13288#p58777