XPEnology Community

XPEnology update to 7.0.1

tascusi

Greetings to the whole community.
For some time now I have installed DSM version 6.2.3-25426 on VMware ESxi 7.0 U2 XPEnology. For some time now the software has been offering me an update to version 7.0.1.
Has anyone done the update yet? Are there any critical issues during installation and after installation?
Before doing the update, I wanted to know if anyone has encountered any difficulties of any kind.
Thank you

On 1/7/2022 at 6:32 PM, Badger said:

From what I understand...  upgrading what you have now to 7.0.1 via update cannot be done.  There are a couple of development efforts going on (see "developer" forum)

Yes, it's true. There seems to be some development going on, as I read in the forum.

On 1/7/2022 at 6:32 PM, Badger said:

but DSM 7.0 via Xpenology doesn't appear to be anywhere close to "primetime".

Could you explain yourself better?

6 minutes ago, tascusi said:

Yes, it's true. There seems to be some development going on, as I read in the forum.

Could you explain yourself better?

As you read the forum, you understood that ThorGroup that developed the RedPill is MIA at the moment and there is no indication if they/he/she will ever be back...

Does the RedPill works? Yes, for most users, but when ThorGroup was still around they said it was still on alpha stage going to beta. They tested the loader a lot on Proxmox so if you have a Qemu based machine there is a lot of chance that the loader is stable enough for you.

In addition, you have the work of Pocopico whom also did a lot of work on extensions to improve the compatibility with many HBA, LSI, RAID, Network cards etc...

To keep it simple, if you do not worry much about your data you can give it a spin by using Pocopico's TinyCore loader.