XPEnology Community

NAS cables for 6 HDD?

Jauja

First of all I'd like to say sorry if my enlgish is not understood enough, because I'm not a native english speaker. I post here in order to look for your help, because I've never assembled a computer and now, I think I'm ready to do it with an xpenology NAS. My problem is that I don't know what is the wiring needed, cause I think the n3150 motherboard includes 2 SATA cables. I want to use the mentioned motherboard with this mini pcie card https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00ZCW ... N9CKTV5QUI to use 6 4Tb HDD on a SHR2. I don't know if this CPU and motherboard is enough or not with a 4GB RAM, it's only going to serve, and plex is not going to be used, only storage and serving.

It would be fantastic if you help me answering if the motherboard is OK for my purpose, and telling me what SATA power or cable conections do I need? Could you also post an amazon link with all the needed ones for the 6 HDD?

Thank you very much!

So if I have 2 on the motherboard I need 4 more. I don't know where are they going to be connected. Each HDD needs a power cable to the power supply and another one to the motherboard, isn't it? So in that case which ones are the provided by the n3150? I think they are the sata ones, and then I've seen the four pins from the power supply that are connected to two hdd. If everything I'm explaining is true, jaja, will I need the 6 sata to the motherboard and 3 power sata cables from the be quite pure power l8 300w to the 6 hdds? Thanks a lot.

with your setup you should end up with;

4 SATA DATA connectors on the main motherboard and 2 SATA DATA connectors on the mini-PCI adapter = total 6 :smile:

If the motherboard is supplied with 2 SATA DATA leads you will need to buy 4 more = total 6 :smile:

The power supply will have 2 (or more) SATA POWER connectors and 2 (or more) MOLEX POWER connectors

You will need to buy the power lead connectors to give you a total 6 :smile:

300w should be ok for 6 drives