XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

1 minute ago, Peter Suh said:

Sorry. I created a /home/tc folder in Synology Linux and git clone https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill.git
I'm trying to build by receiving all the files. Synology is also Linux, so TC can be built without any problems.
The filetool.sh file was identified as a file existing under /usr/bin of TC Linux.

I download and use all the files listed on GitHub even in TC Linux.
Here, the git clone https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill.git command is also used.
Unnecessary things such as img.gz files are being cleaned up and the rest of the files are being used.

Oh, ok then. The filetool.sh is used to backup home/tc folder among others so it can provide a permanent image accross TC reboots. So in your case you dont need that.

12 hours ago, MajkelP said:

Hi, 

How did you do? I mean I have got my custom build i5 3570K and I am using Jun's Loader 1.04b and DS3617xs, if I would like to update to DS3622xs+ what I need to do?

Change the bootloader on my usb pendrive from Jun's to Redpill and install DSM 7.01-42218 on my current 6.2.3? Will this be treated as an update or a clean install and all hard drives will be formated? 

I was able to install DSM 7.01 on my VM and also on my  2nd custom build computer (NAS) but I am not quite sure about the update?

Thanks,

First of all, BACKUP data just to be sure 

DS3167 will not receive update after thi release, so,  choose DS3622xs+ to build new bootloader.
You have to use redpill ti buil new bootloader on hardware where runs actual xpenology, do all the procedure as you know, boot with new bootloader, open webpage of new system, use synology assistant if you don't know ip address of the system, choose migration to migrate to new DSM.
You have two options
1) keep data and configuration  
2) keep only data 
Personally i choice keep data and config 

wait until process end, enjoy new DSM 

Hope it helps 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 4:18 PM, Peter Suh said:

I have a very happy news today.
It seems that there is no longer a need to think about adjusting the SataPortMap figures.
In the past, as if the number of HDD physically connected to the Sataport in the Jun loader had to be recorded without caring about the number of ports.
This is the method proposed by "TheSTREET," which is not active in the forum here but is active in NAS-related forums in Korea.
The HotPlug (or HotSWAP) function of the built-in SATA port on the BIOS is changed to enabled.
In this way, it does not matter if the SataPortMap=6, which was automatically found by the internal TC, is left from the DSM installation stage as shown in the attached image.
Attached is the result of the test below.
The error of turning off the Hot Plug,
This is the result after HotPlug is turned on.

If "TheSTREET" allows, we plan to create and post details related to this as topics in the future.

Can confirm the above works on my AMD FM2 and FM2+ boards for an RS4021xs+ test machine result.

Same symptoms of hard drive error and sata ports disabled, now migrated from 3622xs with 'all settings' option.

Lacking a few cores though....😉

14 hours ago, THDJ said:

Hi,

I have problem when i install DS3615XS.

I use "Virtual Machine Manager" of DSM and this install stay blocked at 55%. 

The config of this VM is :

2vCPU

2 Gb RAM

10 Go HDD to SATA Boot(IMG 0.4.6)

15 Go HDD to SATA

LAN Virtio

I respect the procedure with the command "sudo ./rploader.sh build bromolow-7.0.1-42218"

Whether I choose Sata or USB boot, I have the same error message.

Can you help me please ?

Thanks in advance

THDJ

Try DS3622xs+, I have noticed this worked for many without any issue.
Remember to use Broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218 DS3622xs+

Hi! 

I have some problem with LSI card on DS918+.

I have a LSI SAS2008 IT running on ASROCK H81m-itx.
At First, I build the loader with the automatic 

./rploader.sh serialgen apollolake-7.0.1-42218
./rploader.sh usbidentify now
./rploader.sh satamap now
./rploader.sh build apollolake-7.0.1-42218

With this loader, the NAS did not get ip and I cannot reach synology webpage. and if I unload the HBA card and reboot, all works fine.

After searching the internet, I found this issue #14 but it was for DS3615xs.  

I tried it to DS918+ by

sudo ./rploader.sh ext apollolake-7.0.1-42218 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/mpt2sas/rpext-index.json

and find it works!

now I can normally reach the webpage but theres another problem that the synology webpage cannot detect my sas drive attached to my HBA card.

I tried everything like add pocopico.mptsas , change SataPortMap to AAAA but nothing works.

I'm new from here, Im not really sure I should put these above at this post. So if I did wrong Im sorry.

Can someone help me?

Edited by SyraTi

2 hours ago, SyraTi said:

Hi! 

I have some problem with LSI card on DS918+.

I have a LSI SAS2008 IT running on ASROCK H81m-itx.
At First, I build the loader with the automatic 

./rploader.sh serialgen apollolake-7.0.1-42218
./rploader.sh usbidentify now
./rploader.sh satamap now
./rploader.sh build apollolake-7.0.1-42218

With this loader, the NAS did not get ip and I cannot reach synology webpage. and if I unload the HBA card and reboot, all works fine.

After searching the internet, I found this issue #14 but it was for DS3615xs.  

I tried it to DS918+ by

sudo ./rploader.sh ext apollolake-7.0.1-42218 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/mpt2sas/rpext-index.json

and find it works!

now I can normally reach the webpage but theres another problem that the synology webpage cannot detect my sas drive attached to my HBA card.

I tried everything like add pocopico.mptsas , change SataPortMap to AAAA but nothing works.

I'm new from here, Im not really sure I should put these above at this post. So if I did wrong Im sorry.

Can someone help me?

start telnet using 

The telnet into DSM using user root and no password and execute 

fdisk -l 

and post the output 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pocopico said:

start telnet using 

fdisk -l 

and post the output 

now im turn to DS1621+ and it can works with only mpt3sas but still cannot detect harddisk, and heres the result:

Disk /dev/synoboot: 14 GB, 15376318464 bytes, 30031872 sectors
14664 cylinders, 64 heads, 32 sectors/track
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes

Device       Boot StartCHS    EndCHS        StartLBA     EndLBA    Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/synoboot1 *  0,32,33     6,62,56           2048     100351      98304 48.0M 83 Linux
/dev/synoboot2    6,62,57     15,205,62       100352     253951     153600 75.0M 83 Linux
/dev/synoboot3    15,205,63   130,138,8       253952    2097151    1843200  900M 83 Linux

Edited by SyraTi

2 hours ago, pocopico said:

start telnet using 

fdisk -l 

and post the output 

and In /var/logs/messages I found this

image.thumb.png.31f031f618b04f8123c039e23509ec40.png

it seems that mpt3sas went wrong. How can I do with that?

3 hours ago, SyraTi said:

and In /var/logs/messages I found this

image.thumb.png.31f031f618b04f8123c039e23509ec40.png

it seems that mpt3sas went wrong. How can I do with that?

i suggest you use an intel cpu platform. Ds1621 is an AMD cpu one. On top of that the disk drive setting is more tricky as you have to edit the model.dtb file.

So move back to DS3622 and check with fdisk -l again

5 hours ago, cyberphoy said:

Fixed my issue. Running Dmesg I could see firmware file wasn't being loaded. made a bnx2x dir in /lib/firmware and copied the firmware files there and rebooted.

10gb card showed up on 3622xs+ DMS 7.0.1 bare metal

One more of the missing options in extensions handling script. 

13 hours ago, pocopico said:

i suggest you use an intel cpu platform. Ds1621 is an AMD cpu one. On top of that the disk drive setting is more tricky as you have to edit the model.dtb file.

So move back to DS3622 and check with fdisk -l again

I just tried 3622 and it works fine and now I can reach the synology webpage.

But now it turns to "We've detected errors on the hard drives (1,2,3,4) and the SATA ports have also been disabled. ... replace or remove the hard drives and try again"

I have 2*2T disks with SHR on my hba card, but now the new 3622 seems not recognize it.

but with fdisk I can see the 2T raid there , heres the fdisk -l result:

image.thumb.png.d1026e5e75ff776ab8355e9ef31431e5.png

I have 2 sataport on my motherboard and with no disk on it. and my SataPortMap = 5 which was generated by ./rploader.sh sataportmap now .

I've tried SataPortMap=2 and SataPortMap=9999, not work.

and this is my grub.cfg

menuentry 'RedPill DS3622xs+ v7.0.1-42218 (USB, Verbose)' {
	savedefault
	set root=(hd0,msdos1)
	echo Loading Linux...
	linux /zImage withefi earlyprintk syno_hw_version=DS3622xs+ console=ttyS0,115200n8 netif_num=1 pid=0x5571 earlycon=uart8250,io,0x3f8,115200n8 syno_port_thaw=1 mac1=001132CBB608 sn=2150SQRREBTNF vid=0x0781 elevator=elevator loglevel=15 HddHotplug=0 DiskIdxMap=00 syno_hdd_detect=0 vender_format_version=2 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 log_buf_len=32M root=/dev/md0 SataPortMap=5 
	echo Loading initramfs...
	initrd /rd.gz /custom.gz
	echo Starting kernel with USB boot
}

Edited by SyraTi

4 hours ago, SyraTi said:

I just tried 3622 and it works fine and now I can reach the synology webpage.

But now it turns to "We've detected errors on the hard drives (1,2,3,4) and the SATA ports have also been disabled. ... replace or remove the hard drives and try again"

I have 2*2T disks with SHR on my hba card, but now the new 3622 seems not recognize it.

but with fdisk I can see the 2T raid there , heres the fdisk -l result:

image.thumb.png.d1026e5e75ff776ab8355e9ef31431e5.png

I have 2 sataport on my motherboard and with no disk on it. and my SataPortMap = 5 which was generated by ./rploader.sh sataportmap now .

I've tried SataPortMap=2 and SataPortMap=9999, not work.

and this is my grub.cfg

menuentry 'RedPill DS3622xs+ v7.0.1-42218 (USB, Verbose)' {
	savedefault
	set root=(hd0,msdos1)
	echo Loading Linux...
	linux /zImage withefi earlyprintk syno_hw_version=DS3622xs+ console=ttyS0,115200n8 netif_num=1 pid=0x5571 earlycon=uart8250,io,0x3f8,115200n8 syno_port_thaw=1 mac1=001132CBB608 sn=2150SQRREBTNF vid=0x0781 elevator=elevator loglevel=15 HddHotplug=0 DiskIdxMap=00 syno_hdd_detect=0 vender_format_version=2 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 log_buf_len=32M root=/dev/md0 SataPortMap=5 
	echo Loading initramfs...
	initrd /rd.gz /custom.gz
	echo Starting kernel with USB boot
}

Yes, your disks start after 5 (a,b,c,d,e). Your is sdf. So I would try 

SataPortMap=18 and DiskIdxMap=0f00

18 minutes ago, pocopico said:

It became "We've detected errors on the hard drives (16) and the SATA ports have also been disabled. ... replace or remove the hard drives and try again"

1 hour ago, pocopico said:

after some try, I found dsm will always detect the first satacontroller

In my occasion, onboard sata was my first controller and HBA card would be the second, meanwhile I have no disk on my onboard sata ports. 

so dsm will always report that sataport went wrong.

After trying to set SataPortMap to 08 to block the first controller and lead to no ip address.

I want to know if theres anyway that I can use my HBA card as my first controller?

11 minutes ago, SyraTi said:

after some try, I found dsm will always detect the first satacontroller

In my occasion, onboard sata was my first controller and HBA card would be the second, meanwhile I have no disk on my onboard sata ports. 

so dsm will always report that sataport went wrong.

After trying to set SataPortMap to 08 to block the first controller and lead to no ip address.

I want to know if theres anyway that I can use my HBA card as my first controller?

I have the impression that the USB loader disk will always be the first disk. The second is your onboard SATA controller and the third one is the HBA. So why dont you use :

SataPortMap=1(internal ports)(hba ports) DiskIdxMap=0f0800