XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

Just now, altas said:

so you started the Update process with the 7.0.1 pat file on the running DSM 6.2.3 and switched after the reboot to Tinyloader ?

or what was the successfully way?

Not exactly.

I build a 6.2.4 fresh install DS3615xs.

I had also a fresh built 7.0.1 DS3622xs+ confirmed as running (just to be sure all settings was OK (sata etc...)

I stopped both VMs, I deleted 16GB virtual disk (SATA 1:0) from DS3622xs+ and added/replaced with the 16GB virtual disk from 6.2.4 VM

At boot I was "ready to migrate"

I gave the 7.0.1 pat file to launch migration, it rebooted as usual, done.

• Like 2

cool thx !

so then i can confirm that my Test migration from DS3617xs to DS3622xs+ was successfully (Baremetal)

i used 1 HDD with some Test Data and everything was still available.

Steps i did

1. block internet to DS3617xs

2 turn off the DS

3 switch the Loader (USB Stick)

4 Boot up and wait until the DS come up and reachable in the Network (ping)

5 use the pat file from the tinyloader and start migration, i used the Option dont keep settings( 2.Option), maybe someone can use NR1 as test :)

6 wait until the migration process has reached 100%, then the DS should rest as usual,

7 wait until the DS is back online and you can process with DSM7 Wizard to complet.

• Like 3

the remaining challenge is to be sure you  have a working tinycore loader befor start migration.

and for that you have to play arround with the current working NAS or you have a similar Device.

or remove all HDDs from the current Setup and use a empty/clean HDD to prepair the tinyloader and rollback to the working setup with the HDDS to start then the migration process

Edited by altas

11 hours ago, altas said:

cool thx !

so then i can confirm that my Test migration from DS3617xs to DS3622xs+ was successfully (Baremetal)

Steps i did

2 turn off the DS

5 use the pat file from the tinyloader and start migration, i used the Option dont keep settings( 2.Option), maybe someone can use NR1 as test :)

6 wait until the migration process has reached 100%, then the DS should rest as usual,

7 wait until the DS is back online and you can process with DSM7 Wizard to complet.

Thanks for the info. In case the migration process went wrong, do you think that putting the usb pendrive (with the bootloader of the DS3617xs) back,  would be working again? Or could the data have been compromised?

54 minutes ago, maxime said:

Thanks for the info. In case the migration process went wrong, do you think that putting the usb pendrive (with the bootloader of the DS3617xs) back,  would be working again? Or could the data have been compromised?

The disks are always partitioned with three partitions. The first one holds the DSM installation, the second one is the swap and the third one holds the data. This will  happen on all drives. If you reinstall DSM you are messing with the first partition. If you select to keep settings then also most DSM configuration settings will be preserved as well. Data is always untouched. 

You will have to reinstall DSM but the data will be untouched.

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, altas said:

cool thx !

Steps i did

2 turn off the DS

Good to know.
Do you know what happens with pkg that doesn't exist in DSM7 but only in DSM6? 
I have Ts3serve on my Gen8 DSM6.2.3 DS3617xs, but i don't know what could happen with package installed when i will migrate.

8 minutes ago, Aigor said:

Good to know.
I have Ts3serve on my Gen8 DSM6.2.3 DS3617xs, but i don't know what could happen with package installed when i will migrate.

On original synology, you get a warning during upgrade for all packages that dont exist and/or not supported. Data for this application will still be on your data drives but if the app is not supported it will not be installed.

• Like 2

Just now, pocopico said:

On original synology, you get a warning during upgrade for all packages that dont exist and/or not supported. Data for this application will still be on your data drives but if the app is not supported it will not be installed.

But package still remain or will be deleted? 

4 hours ago, Aigor said:

Good to know.

from where you have the TS3 Server?? as i can not find it in the Package Center

18 minutes ago, altas said:

from where you have the TS3 Server?? as i can not find it in the Package Center

You can install it in a docker application.

Search for teamspeak

If it is still updatet, you can use the latest one.

Kind regards

After installation --->

First of all set the environment variable: TS3SERVER_LICENSE => accept
and map a directory to "/var/ts3server/" in the Volume tab, for example: docker/ts3_data => /var/ts3server/

ps: I do not know if things has changed, I do not use it anymore.

29 minutes ago, MSXGames said:

You can install it in a docker application.

Search for teamspeak

If it is still updatet, you can use the latest one.

Kind regards

After installation --->

First of all set the environment variable: TS3SERVER_LICENSE => accept
and map a directory to "/var/ts3server/" in the Volume tab, for example: docker/ts3_data => /var/ts3server/

ps: I do not know if things has changed, I do not use it anymore.

I would like to build my own spk starting from already exist.
I have already tested a "workaround" 
make tar of ts3 folder from dsm 6.3 system, untar on new system.
in this way you lost ability to start and stop via panel, but application runs well 
Thanks for advice 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, altas said:

but for that i need the source of the TS3 PAckage :)

Nope, there is a demo in a spksrc tree that not involves the use of sources 

spksrc is a framework to help to build package for synology, it offers a environment on which you can build packages for many arhch with one command 

https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc

EDIT: i would like to try to port fog project  into synology, is there someone interested in helping? 

https://fogproject.org/

Thanks 

Edited by Aigor