XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

47 minutes ago, rafoloru said:

Hello, Can I compile the kernel with any CPU? Is there a list of supported CPu with wich kernel use?

the DS918+ you can use only if you have minimum  4º generation of Intel CPU  for example.

The DS3615 not have this requirement.

(For example the HP Microservers Gen 7 or Gen 8 only available the DS3615 or 3617 because it's 3rd generation of CPU)

Edited by jarugut

il y a 23 minutes, jarugut a dit :

the DS918+ you can use only if you have minimum  4º generation of Intel CPU  for example.

The DS3615 not have this requirement.

(For example the HP Microservers Gen 7 or Gen 8 only available the DS3615 or 3617)

Ok thanks, it's because each time I tried i'm stuck at "Booting Kernel" and nothings happen...

Hi all,

there is an update for tinycore redpill and version has been shifted to version 0.4.5. Both vmdk and raw boot images have been updated as well. Some fixes have been implemented and the platform DS3622xs+ is integrated. 

- Serial number generation for DS3622xs+

- Module / extension detection is now separated to version 3 and version 4 kernels to avoid conflicting module identification. 

- EFI boot should work

- Static redpill module for DS3622xs+ has been created and the extension is updated

- Module extensions have been created for DS3622xs+ but still need some testing.

You can test and let me know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, pocopico said:

Hi all,

there is an update for tinycore redpill and version has been shifted to version 0.4.5. Both vmdk and raw boot images have been updated as well. Some fixes have been implemented and the platform DS3622xs+ is integrated. 

- Module / extension detection is now separated to version 3 and version 4 kernels to avoid conflicting module identification. 

- EFI boot should work

- Static redpill module for DS3622xs+ has been created and the extension is updated

- Module extensions have been created for DS3622xs+ but still need some testing.

There is a typo in rploader.sh on line 236. 

if [ "$1" = "DS3615xs" ] || [ "$1" = "DS3617xs" ] || [ "$1" = "DS916+" ] || [ "$1" = "DS918DS918+" ] || [ "$1" = "DS920+" ] || [ "$1" = "DS3622xs+" ] || [ "$1" = "DVA3219" ] || [ "$1" = "DVA3221" ] ; then

DS918DS918+ should be DS918+

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, pocopico said:

Hi all,

- EFI boot should work

Jumkey's redpill-load does not solve the problem of ixgbe module circularly removed and the need to disconnect from the network during installation.

2 hours ago, pocopico said:

It has been fixed, please update the script or download again the image. 

./rploader.sh update now 

Now the serial number generator work perfectly but : 
"An error occurred Errors were detected on the hard disks (1, 2, 4) and the SATA ports were disabled.  Shut down the DS918 +, replace or remove the hard drives, and try again."

ASUS Z97 PRO GAMER

I7 4790k

Any idea?
image.thumb.png.68862bd4b56ac0f4f0133974c0de388d.png

Edited by GeriHDHUN