XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

On 3/4/2023 at 4:05 PM, hogsyno said:

Hi do you know how can add more 4 hdd?

I'm using Vmware Workstation 16 & Tiny Redpill Loader v0.9.4.0

DSM_DS3617xs_42962

I'm created about 6 HDD, but in synology just only recives 4 HDD.

And my HDD start Drives is 12 not start 01

thanks you guys

Sorry I have not so many HDD,you can try edit grub.cfg and use this parameter :"DiskIdxMap"

Le 04/03/2023 à 09:10, Igareok a dit :

Hello. I need to use DSM 7.0.1

I try to build loader for DS3615, or DS3622xs+, but its end with same error>

[#] PAT file /home/tc/redpill-load/cache/ds3622xsp_42218.pat not found - downloading from https://global.download.synology.com/download/DSM/release/7.0.1/42218/DSM_DS3622xs+_42218.pat
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  389M  100  389M    0     0  10.3M      0  0:00:37  0:00:37 --:--:-- 11.4M
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/cache/ds3622xsp_42218.pat file... [ERR]
[!] Checksum mismatch - expected f38329b8cdc5824a8f01fb1e377d3b1b6bd23da365142a01e2158beff5b8a424 but computed a222d37f369d71042057ccb592f40c7c81e9b988a95d69fa166c7c2a611da99c

*** Process will exit ***
FAILED : Loader creation failed check the output for any errors

And this problem persist only on 7.0.1-42218 and 7.0.1-42218-JUN version.

Tried different USB sticks, different loader versions, different motherboards, every time - same error.

Please help.

Hello,

I have the same problem to you and i don't know how to fix it.

I guess synology updated the main file to the minor update version 6.

From Version info:

majorversion="7"
minorversion="0"
major="7"
minor="0"
micro="1"
productversion="7.0.1"
buildphase="GM"
buildnumber="42218"
smallfixnumber="6"

Pocopico has to change the checksum in the config.json file

• Like 1

[NOTICE]

TG's boot-wait.sh related to the 55% file corruption message during DSM installation has been improved.

/dev/synoboot, /dev/synoboot1, /dev/synoboot2, /dev/synoboot3, which are essential for the DSM installation process

These 4 nodes should be automatically recognized and appear within a few seconds, but there are cases where they do not appear for some reason.

I have so far encountered this case by switching the loader between TCRP FRIEND / TCRP JOT / ARPL to build the loader or
We have been guiding you to install a USB memory with a version of 3.0 or higher into a 3.0 or higher port.

However, by adding a little trick, I skipped this part and completed the implementation a little while ago to enable DSM installation.

This is a modified version only in M SHELL for TCRP.

If no response is received within 10 seconds, the above 4 nodes are forcibly created with the script below.

mknod /dev/synoboot b 8 1
mknod /dev/synoboot1 b 8 1
mknod /dev/synoboot2 b 8 1
mknod /dev/synoboot3 b 8 1

To use this function, you need to rebuild the M SHELL loader.

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

I think I might have messed up my DSM (running on ESXI). I was on 5.10.3tinycore64, installed DSM 42218 and I wanted to upgrade to the latest version. So I picked the update pack to 42218-6, updated via the UI and run the "sudo ./rploader.sh postupdate broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661" command (no error, I think). 

After a reboot it's now killing the VM. Do you have any clues on how to identify the issue / resolve it?

Cheers

On 3/17/2023 at 10:19 AM, Tibag said:

Hi all,

I think I might have messed up my DSM (running on ESXI). I was on 5.10.3tinycore64, installed DSM 42218 and I wanted to upgrade to the latest version. So I picked the update pack to 42218-6, updated via the UI and run the "sudo ./rploader.sh postupdate broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661" command (no error, I think). 

After a reboot it's now killing the VM. Do you have any clues on how to identify the issue / resolve it?

Cheers

So I ended up starting a new image from scratch as nothing else would bring it back. And I jumped straight to DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 1. Problem is that most of the disks came back either "crashed" or "System partition failed". Currently restoring one volume but not sure how the other will be so as it's a single disk volume. Essentially currently showing:

image.thumb.png.ddf5ceadfeb232952b2f2275365d1e0b.png

And Volume 1 is made of 

image.thumb.png.308d582ef6ad12781903dacef4dc76f5.png

Still looking for how to solve it but if anyone has any suggestion! What a rollercoaster! 

2 hours ago, Dvalin21 said:

Hey guys. Is tcrp still the preferred loader or should swith to arpl or friend?  Thanks in advance. 

I also had a production VM that i've upgraded to latest TCRP withfriend that will be the default in next release. Kept a backup of my settings (sataportmap,diskidmap, serial,mac) and recreated a loader from scratch withfriend.

As most of the latest base pat files now include the smallupdate, if you have not install that smallupdate, you will have to press recover at first boot and friend will take care of that.

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2023 at 1:45 AM, pocopico said:

I also had a production VM that i've upgraded to latest TCRP withfriend that will be the default in next release. Kept a backup of my settings (sataportmap,diskidmap, serial,mac) and recreated a loader from scratch withfriend.

As most of the latest base pat files now include the smallupdate, if you have not install that smallupdate, you will have to press recover at first boot and friend will take care of that.

Are you able to update and then add TCRP friend before even building the platform you want? Or should we build a platform first and then add?

Update:  I tried doing the TCRP Friend, and Im pretty sure I did something wrong, however I did a fresh flash, fullupgrade, built the pat, and then ran bringfriend and then rebooted. It failed to boot through the TCRP Friend. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edited by Dvalin21
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dvalin21 said:

Are you able to update and then add TCRP friend before even building the platform you want? Or should we build a platform first and then add?

Update:  I tried doing the TCRP Friend, and Im pretty sure I did something wrong, however I did a fresh flash, fullupgrade, built the pat, and then ran bringfriend and then rebooted. It failed to boot through the TCRP Friend. Any suggestions? Thanks.

You can recreate the loader adding the withfriend option from scratch matching your cmd line options and major version eg (7.0.1 or 7.1.1) and then perform the upgrade.

At which point exactly did it fail ? And with what message ? 

You can try to stop boot at TCRP Friend pressing ctrl-c and then perform the following :

./boot.sh patchkernel

./boot.sh patchramdisk 

./boot.sh 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pocopico said:

You can recreate the loader adding the withfriend option from scratch matching your cmd line options and major version eg (7.0.1 or 7.1.1) and then perform the upgrade.

You can try to stop boot at TCRP Friend pressing ctrl-c and then perform the following :

./boot.sh patchkernel

./boot.sh patchramdisk 

./boot.sh 

Ah!! I see what I did wrong or didn't do. I should have slowed down and added the withfriend option after running bringfriend command.

So just for my sanity sake, flash drive, boot into tcrp, run full upgrade, run a build, but don't reboot, run bringfriend, should be able to answer yes to everything, and then build again with the with the "withfriend" option ex

./rploader.sh build ds3622xsp-7.1.1-42962 withfriend 

I just ran the build and it was successful. Bout to boot into it and will let you know the result.

Update: After actually doing it right, it worked. Thanks

Edited by Dvalin21
Tcrp Friend working

6 hours ago, pocopico said:

./boot.sh patchkernel

./boot.sh patchramdisk 

./boot.sh 

Thanks I see what I did wrong. Everything is working great. I appreciate it!!

Good day to all, I would like to know if there is a possibility of launching on a NAS from qnap? There is a Qnap TS 239 Pro II+ NAS on Qnap OS on Intel atom, I made a bootable USB flash drive and boot from it, but it doesn't go beyond the GRUB inscription, although the native OS is also made on linux, and other bootable flash drives are accepted with a bang! What could be the problem?

People, can't anyone help me with this question?

2 minutes ago, SKORPION_505 said:

Good day to all, I would like to know if there is a possibility of launching on a NAS from qnap? There is a Qnap TS 239 Pro II+ NAS on Qnap OS on Intel atom, I made a bootable USB flash drive and boot from it, but it doesn't go beyond the GRUB inscription, although the native OS is also made on linux, and other bootable flash drives are accepted with a bang! What could be the problem?

People, can't anyone help me with this question?

Edited by Luks1983

Hello all,

today migrated my Nas HP n54l

seems i am losing one HDD maybe the esata one.

Can someone give me an advice to repair

Paste here user_config.json

Evtl. das esata Laufwerk

old Version

{
  "extra_cmdline": {
    "pid": "0xa4a5",
    "vid": "0x0525",
    "sn": "xxxx",
    "mac1": "xxxx",
    "SataPortMap": "58",
    "DiskIdxMap": "0A00"
  },
  "synoinfo": {

"internalportcfg" : "0xffff",
          "maxdisks" : "16"

},
  "ramdisk_copy": {

}

}

new Version

{
  "general": {
    "model": "DS3622xs+",
    "version": "7.1.1-42951",
    "smallfixnumber": "0",
    "zimghash": "",
    "rdhash": "",
    "usb_line": "",
    "sata_line": "",
    "redpillmake" : "",
    "friendautoupd" : "true",
    "hidesensitive" : "false"
  },
  "ipsettings": {
    "ipset": "",
    "ipaddr": "",
    "ipgw": "",
    "ipdns": "",
    "ipproxy": ""
  },
  "extra_cmdline": {
    "pid": "0xa4a5",
    "vid": "0x0525",
    "sn": "",
    "mac1": "",
    "netif_num": "1",
    "SataPortMap": "58",
    "DiskIdxMap": "0A00"
  },
  "synoinfo": {
    "internalportcfg": "0xffff",
    "maxdisks": "16",
    "support_bde_internal_10g": "no",
    "support_disk_compatibility": "no",
    "support_memory_compatibility": "no"
  },
  "ramdisk_copy": {}
}

So has anyone experienced after upgrading to TCRP Friend, when booting into it, it shows an IP Address, but your network not registering it as being on the network? I can boot into the regular usb option no problem. Its like when booting into the TCRP Friend, it connects, but then disconnect otherwise why and how would it get an IP Address from the network?  This is an old PC network driver Realtek R8168 AMD Athlon II CPU. Thanks. 

On 4/3/2023 at 6:19 PM, Dvalin21 said:

So has anyone experienced after upgrading to TCRP Friend, when booting into it, it shows an IP Address, but your network not registering it as being on the network? I can boot into the regular usb option no problem. Its like when booting into the TCRP Friend, it connects, but then disconnect otherwise why and how would it get an IP Address from the network?  This is an old PC network driver Realtek R8168 AMD Athlon II CPU. Thanks. 

Exactly same problem for me  (also AMD Athlon and Realtek BTW).  I asked the forum how to set USB boot as default (because that option booted fine), but nobody could (or would) answer that question.  Other advice was to "remove friend"... which hosed the entire loader.  I started from scratch and built a new loader (no friend) for 3622xs+ 7.1.1.  Then updated to v4 via GUI... booted to TCRP and ran the "postupdate" command.  Then I restored a backup of my data.. configured settings... installed apps, etc.  Took a couple days.

Good Luck!

• Thanks 2

On 4/8/2023 at 2:31 PM, Badger said:

Exactly same problem for me  (also AMD Athlon and Realtek BTW).  I asked the forum how to set USB boot as default (because that option booted fine), but nobody could (or would) answer that question.  Other advice was to "remove friend"... which hosed the entire loader.  I started from scratch and built a new loader (no friend) for 3622xs+ 7.1.1.  Then updated to v4 via GUI... booted to TCRP and ran the "postupdate" command.  Then I restored a backup of my data.. configured settings... installed apps, etc.  Took a couple days.

Good Luck!

Did the same thing on my AMD system: remove friend - it seams that AMD is not "friend".

• Thanks 1

To the smart people... Poco, Peter, Flyride, etc...

Where in the heck is synoinfo.conf written to during the "BUILD" process which then overwrites the local /etc and /etc.defaults synoinfo.conf? I feel like I'm missing something.

Yes I know I can update some (all?) fields with user_config, however, I'm way past that as I've sunk about 10 hours into this and I'm bashing my head against at wall at 1AM over here... I've went deep into your scripts (pretty good stuff Poco, BTW, little spaghettieie, but hey, it works) and I've pulled /synoboot1/2/3 and I thought for sure it was synoboot1/rd.gz but I've pulled that apart and recompressed it and still it is getting over written somewhere. I then looked at synoboot2 contents and pulled apart those files but those look like defaults, so no luck there and then went to synoboot3 and changing those file did nothing. Coming here was a last resort as I like to figure this stuff out myself but man, I'm really struggling. Truth me told, I dont need to be down in my office for another day with my wife thinking "what the heck is he doing down there?!"

FWIW, I'm going all of this work/editing in TCRP env, just didnt know what to call the synology mount points (sda1 vs synoboot1, etc.)

TYIA!

Edited by cableguy
  • Thanks 1