XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

On 6/5/2023 at 8:22 AM, Dvalin21 said:

Is there a full list of all supported devices? I know the following devices support cpus/threads 20 or higher (which is what I'm looking for)

FS3600 Intel Xeon D-15671224✓ Broadwellnk DDR4 ECC RDIMM 16GB  (24 threads)

HD6500 Intel Xeon Silver 4210R x 21020✓PurleyDDR4 ECC RDIMM 64GB  (20 threads)

SA6400 AMD EPYC 72721224✓Epyc7002DDR4 ECC RDIMM 32GB (24 threads)

SA3610 Intel Xeon D-15671224✓Broadwellnkv2DDR4 ECC RDIMM 16GB  (24 threads)

SA3600 Intel Xeon D-15671224✓BroadwellnkDDR4 ECC RDIMM 16GB (24 threads)

Thanks in advance

https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/wiki/TCRP-Web-Builder

17 minutes ago, pocopico said:

Would it be possible to request one of the platforms I mentioned to be added? Would love to be able to use more than 16 cores/threads with xpenology. Also thanks for the list. I saw that the DVA1622: 7.0.1 U6 -> 7.1.0 U4 -> 7.1.1 U5 -> 7.2.0 is available. It uses a celeron cpu with also uses intel integrated gpu 600. The intel cpus i3-i7 7th gen uses 630. This is uses with opencv with this devices for face detection, person detection and so on. Would using the 7th gen cpu work for this platform to get face detection working? Thanks.

Edited by Dvalin21

4 hours ago, dusty_dragon said:

Thanks in advance for a great work 

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

I am also trying to run this on hyper-v (Windows 11) by creating a "tinycore-redpill-uefi.v0.9.4.8.vhdx" file from "tinycore-redpill-uefi.v0.9.4.8.iso"

For my case, Windows 11 hyper-v does not boot from the tinycrore iso image.

Since installation media is not usb, the command "sudo ./rploader.sh identifyusb" does not work.

After building with "sudo ./rploader.sh build ds3615xs-7.1.0-42661", the system does not work. I think Grub has been lost.

Before building - Running from hyper-v ; booted from a disk (not a usb)

IMAGE-3.png

after building - ssh connection is lost:

IMAGE-1.png

Cannot start VM after building 

IMAGE-2.png

cat user_config.json:

BIOS needs to be set to UEFI boot

9 hours ago, goRt said:

BIOS needs to be set to UEFI boot

Has it worked for you? I changed to UEFI on Hyper-V and booted with a hard disk converted from tinycore-redpill-uefi.v0.9.4.8.img. to *.vhdx. 

No luck getting it to work.

I wonder if "tinycore-redpill-uefi.v0.9.4.8" can ever be run of Hyper-V?

Try StarWind V2V to convert "tinycore-redpill-uefi.v0.9.4.8" to vhdx and add to a Hyper-V Gen 2 VM, secure boot disabled, for me TCRP boot.
Hyper-V have not support for sata disk don't if rely can boot DSM.
For testing propose can try install Proxmox on Hyper-V, set Nested Virtualization for Proxmox VM and install TCRP in Proxmox, but will ending with DSM running in Proxmox and not Hyper-V.

Edited by pcristi

5 hours ago, pcristi said:

Try StarWind V2V to convert "tinycore-redpill-uefi.v0.9.4.8" to vhdx and add to a Hyper-V Gen 2 VM, secure boot disabled, for me TCRP boot.
Hyper-V have not support for sata disk don't if rely can boot DSM.
For testing propose can try install Proxmox on Hyper-V, set Nested Virtualization for Proxmox VM and install TCRP in Proxmox, but will ending with DSM running in Proxmox and not Hyper-V.

I really want to get this working on Hyper-V, as windows is my main machine. I am not sure whether this can be ever achieved. 

14 hours ago, dusty_dragon said:

Has it worked for you? I changed to UEFI on Hyper-V and booted with a hard disk converted from tinycore-redpill-uefi.v0.9.4.8.img. to *.vhdx. 

No luck getting it to work.

I wonder if "tinycore-redpill-uefi.v0.9.4.8" can ever be run of Hyper-V?

Sorry, not running in Hyper-V, but that error indicates not booting in UEFI 

10 hours ago, Unregistrado said:

Now i cant rebuild the loader.

<br>extracommands :
<br>Could not determine if file ds3622xsp_64561.pat is encrypted or not, maybe corrupted
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 3322 Jun  8 10:15 ds3622xsp_64561.pat
<br>041

The 64562 version has been recalled by Synology, hence you get a errormessage.
@pocopico Perhaps a check (filesize or something) can be done to get a more "correct" error message when this happens, I spent quite some time to figure it out :-)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, minigranis said:

The 64562 version has been recalled by Synology, hence you get a errormessage.
@pocopico Perhaps a check (filesize or something) can be done to get a more "correct" error message when this happens, I spent quite some time to figure it out :-)

Yep, I ahe just noticed that when occasionally tried to ckeck PAT file on the syno page

22 hours ago, marchidaniele said:

Me too, with VMware with loader 0.9.4.9, platform RS4021xs and dsm 7.2 with pass through LSI SAS3008. No disks recognizes from controller LSI, no problem with first disk attach on second SATA controller (first for loader vmdk 0:0)

For this, missing driver of controller with new loader?

I've got this message after building a new TCRP (tinycore-redpill.v0.9.4.9) loader. As far as I know my N40L doesn't support EFI. Schermafbeelding2023-06-09133453.thumb.png.b96ac987c5f788f5b05fe79178384420.png

Just before (or after?) this page, by escaping the boot sequens, I did a fdisk -l command and saw all four disks. 

I could reach the webpage http:<ipaddress>:7681 just before it said "Connection Closed"

There is no way connecting with TCRP remotely by ssh. 

[Update]

I rebuild TCRP again, setting user_config settings first and building the loader after that (instead of the other way around).

The result being

Schermafbeelding2023-06-09141837.thumb.png.4f077004452640247962c0b0a5bd5e30.png

On the vga connected screen there is a message "Nothing has been loaded!".

Edited by hansel

After doiing another update, postupdate (where it found the update 7.1.1.-6) and reboot into DSM, the hdd led finally went blinking continiously. It was doing something! 

After a few minutes I could login into DSM webpage and see the 7.1.1 update 6.

I got also back online but used arc loader. TCRP loader is a great loader. But I saw some interesting stuff in the arc loader. Like downgrading, forced reinstall, reset admin password. Don’t know if Pocopico is going to add this stuff? 
I didn’t get the result that I expected with the webbrowser builder of TCRP. But it is really great, straightforward, the way to go! Some feedback, the building log stands in the way when I want to push the builder button. I used Firefox on w10 machine. So certainly great job!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 10:08 PM, hansel said:

After doiing another update, postupdate (where it found the update 7.1.1.-6) and reboot into DSM, the hdd led finally went blinking continiously. It was doing something! 

After a few minutes I could login into DSM webpage and see the 7.1.1 update 6.

Did you succeed in installing DSM on your N40L through the above TCRP FRIEND loader?

18 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

Did you succeed in installing DSM on your N40L through the above TCRP FRIEND loader?

I think so. I downloaded most recent version from github. I noticed the 4th bootoption called "withfriend". After that I started DSM, boot option 1. I'm running it headless now. Can I check things remote for you?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, hansel said:

I think so. I downloaded most recent version from github. I noticed the 4th bootoption called "withfriend". After that I started DSM, boot option 1. I'm running it headless now. Can I check things remote for you?

I understand your choice.
Pocopico's TCRP can use both Jot (1st, 2nd) and FRIEND (4th) in the GRUB boot menu.
You succeeded with JOT, not FRIEND.
Thank you for answer.

43 minutes ago, hansel said:

To my knowledge, Microservers G7 are having issues with kexec so no Friend for NXX. You can instead use the staticboot option on user_config.json and in case of an upgrade, selecting TCRP Friend will process an upgrade but will reboot and default to USB after that. 

Edited by pocopico

1 hour ago, Orphée said:

Yes, on ARPL side you must enable "direct boot" to true in a advanced menu for N54L, it is probably because the same issue.

I imported ARPL's grub.cfg.
Your prediction is correct.
TCRP's jot is the same as using the kernel as Direct.

if [ -s /zImage-dsm -a -s /initrd-dsm ]; then
  if [ "${default}" = "direct" ]; then
    set timeout="1"
    menuentry 'Boot DSM kernel directly' --id direct {
      set_gfxpayload
      echo "cmdline:"
      echo "${dsm_cmdline}"
      echo "Loading DSM kernel..."
      linux /zImage-dsm ${dsm_cmdline}
      echo "Loading DSM initramfs..."
      initrd /initrd-dsm
      echo "Booting..."