XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

9 hours ago, alirz1 said:

Im currently running 7.1.0.42661 U1 on bare metal Using redpill, current stable release. Standard setup with no extra NIC card or HDD controllers.

Can i upgrade to the latest DSM 7.1.1.42962 via the DSM GUI? Is there still a need to run any rploader commands for this upgrade? 

You can rebuild your loader with TCRP Friend. Then you can perform the upgrade to latest on the fly.

• Like 1

Hi all!

I updated my old Jun's loader to that TCRP 2 weeks ago, updated system to latest, all ok, my nas works without any issues, but i just found an issue now. If i try download any torrent file, the download speed can reach 28-33MB/s only, before was 100MB/s and over.

I have fiber optic internet 1G/1G, all cables, routers in good condition, speedtest reach 900MB/s up and down, i just tested a speed between nas and my pc  with iperf, was 900MB/s,  try download linus isos with direct link,  paste it to download station, in this case  my  nas hardware (Asrock J4105+16GB RAM+ only one WD purple 6TB)  can handle over 1G limit, i read  100MB/s +  speed, but if i try downloads any torrent files, individually or simultaneously, max speed limited to 33-34MB/s.

There's no limitations inside download station settings, no set limited download speed, max peers set to 900,  This system was a migrated 6.2.4, so i do not set anything, that works good few weeks earlier. Simply  tested a desktop torrent app, same file not limited from ISP, or internal lan components.  i have a good skill to set and use my nas. 

But in this case i don't find any solution.  Have you any idea? Thanks! 

Edited by Rick4

6 hours ago, pocopico said:

You can rebuild your loader with TCRP Friend. Then you can perform the upgrade to latest on the fly.

Is there any information avaiable on what this "friend" option is? Is it onetime build for a given supported DSM version and from there on dsm can updated from the gui given that its a supported dsm version? 

Also just curious is there any trick where TRCP can be rebuilt on a headless system i.e if i dont have a keyboard/display attached? Can tcrp somehow be done via ssh to the xpenology box? e.g by mounting the usb drive etc?

4 hours ago, Rick4 said:

Hi all!

I updated my old Jun's loader to that TCRP 2 weeks ago, updated system to latest, all ok, my nas works without any issues, but i just found an issue now. If i try download any torrent file, the download speed can reach 28-33MB/s only, before was 100MB/s and over.

I have fiber optic internet 1G/1G, all cables, routers in good condition, speedtest reach 900MB/s up and down, i just tested a speed between nas and my pc  with iperf, was 900MB/s,  try download linus isos with direct link,  paste it to download station, in this case  my  nas hardware (Asrock J4105+16GB RAM+ only one WD purple 6TB)  can handle over 1G limit, i read  100MB/s +  speed, but if i try downloads any torrent files, individually or simultaneously, max speed limited to 33-34MB/s.

There's no limitations inside download station settings, no set limited download speed, max peers set to 900,  This system was a migrated 6.2.4, so i do not set anything, that works good few weeks earlier. Simply  tested a desktop torrent app, same file not limited from ISP, or internal lan components.  i have a good skill to set and use my nas. 

torrent speeds are dependant on seeders and their upload speeds etc. Those will be different and unpredictable depending what torrent you're downgliding. Cant see how TCRP cant have anything to do with this as long as you have confirmed you NIC in the xpenology is able to do gig speed in your LAN atleast.

2 hours ago, alirz1 said:

torrent speeds are dependant on seeders and their upload speeds etc. Those will be different and unpredictable depending what torrent you're downgliding. Cant see how TCRP cant have anything to do with this as long as you have confirmed you NIC in the xpenology is able to do gig speed in your LAN atleast.

So again:  if i try download anything, i get same slow speed, but i see it only 2 weeks ago, before was good. If i choose more seeder  files to download, i get same speed, it i try it on my pc, i get full speed. Yes, same files within 2 minutes. 80-200+ seeders can generate 1Gbit download speed. It i tried download a linux iso, i get full speed in download station. 

Clearly visible, something's wrong in download station torrent section.   

Edited by Rick4

i use transmission as my torrent client on the xpenology. Even on gigabit connection i never exceeded 30MB/s. I chalked that up to something related to torrent network in general. Cant say much otherwise. Like you i can test a direct download e.g a LINUX ISO from unbuntu using Download station and i can max out my internet speed.

7 hours ago, Rick4 said:

Hi Rick, the loader can have very little impact on the speeds you're getting, and it's even less likely to be a problem if you're seeing full wire speed on other, local, transfers.

I've just downloaded a torrent in Download Station on my small DSM box (Lenovo Tiny M7) at home. It's on 200Mb/s cable and saturated the connection.

NB. Download Station reports speeds in megaBYTEs per second, not megaBITs, so make sure you multiply by 8!

Have you checked the BT tab in Download Station settings to make sure it's not throttled?

I think you'd be better off reposting this as a general question outside of the TCRP thread, though.

Edited by WiteWulf

5 hours ago, WiteWulf said:

Hi Rick, the loader can have very little impact on the speeds you're getting, and it's even less likely to be a problem if you're seeing full wire speed on other, local, transfers.

I've just downloaded a torrent in Download Station on my small DSM box (Lenovo Tiny M7) at home. It's on 200Mb/s cable and saturated the connection.

NB. Download Station reports speeds in megaBYTEs per second, not megaBITs, so make sure you multiply by 8!

Have you checked the BT tab in Download Station settings to make sure it's not throttled?

I think you'd be better off reposting this as a general question outside of the TCRP thread, though.

Hello, Friend!

I do not suspect loader, but try to find  the source of issue. 

Known good, what's the difference between bytes- bits, kilos and megas, 33MB (Megabytes)/ second equals cca. 300Mbit/sec, MegaBytes are big letters (MB), Megabits, are small (Mb) megabit has the unit symbol Mbit or Mb. The lowercase 'b' in Mb distinguishes it from MB (for megabyte,  i have an optic fiber  internet 1Gbit up and down, sothis can speed up to triple speed. Now i gen 33-35MB/s, if i download a linux iso with method paste download link, i get full speed, 930Mb/s equals cca. 100MB/s. (I know, 1X8=8) 

I wrote, it's a migrated disk, so i do not touch anything, but checked again and again, just tested my bacup server, Asrock J1900, get same speeds. 

I haven't any idea, what cause that issue. 

dlul.jpg

Edited by Rick4

On 5/7/2022 at 8:04 AM, MajkelP said:

Does anyone know why DS3622xsp with DSM 7.1.42661 update 1 shows the CPU temperature about 20 C higher than it actually is.

In idle it is about 60 C which is not true. Heatsink is cool and I also checked temp. in BIOS and it is about 40C.  
I checked my configuration on DS3617xs (Jun 1.03b),DSM 6.2.3-25426 and temperature was 38-40 C. 
Is there any extension I might not have added when creating the RedPill loader? I used automatic mode.

And the second problem, it didn't seem to occur before or I did not notice, (7.0.1-42218). After rebooting, it does not find it on the network and is not visible, the leds on the network card do not blink. To get it work again I have to turn my system off with the power button and then on, then everything works. 

Thanks, 

CPU temperature still not right on 7.11 now.

Hi @pocopicosorry for being away so long an did not answer.

System is up again, HBA so far ok Seen and Data available.

May it’s a combination of ESXi erroring with Passthrough or my HBA 1 is Dying, ordered a spare Part for sure.

Now it’s without friend, as told Postupdate did kill the repair loop and made my system start as usual.

13 hours ago, Dvalin21 said:

Can someone tell me the difference of the regular tinycore install and the "Friend" install option? Thanks

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

With Friends is another patching approach. Here you have the advantage that you are able to install DSM updates without the need to modify the loader. Here the with friend-mode do this for you on the fly. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone. I ask for help. I have a Pentium G4560, Asrock H110m motherboard, 3 ware 9650se raid controller with 4 hard drives connected to the controller and 3 hard drives connected to the motherboard. I'm building the loader on DS918+. The DSM refuses to be installed. Offers to restore disks, after specifying .pat file starts the DSM installation, reaches 1% and restarts. I'm stuck at this stage.

44 minutes ago, grosser said:

Hello everyone. I ask for help. I have a Pentium G4560, Asrock H110m motherboard, 3 ware 9650se raid controller with 4 hard drives connected to the controller and 3 hard drives connected to the motherboard. I'm building the loader on DS918+. The DSM refuses to be installed. Offers to restore disks, after specifying .pat file starts the DSM installation, reaches 1% and restarts. I'm stuck at this stage.

are you using hardware raid for your drives? If so did you try without raid mode?

42 минуты назад, alirz1 сказал:

are you using hardware raid for your drives? If so did you try without raid mode?

Yes, I have an LSI 3ware 9650se raid controller to which 4 hard drives are connected, combined in Raid 5 via Synology Hybrid Raid. 

Цитата

./rploader.sh satamap now

sees the device, but does not see the disks connected to it.
When I used DSM 6.1 with Jun's bootloader, I had to add the controller drivers to the bootloader.

I saw this in upgrade Thread:

Posted October 9

- Outcome of the update: SUCCESSFUL
- DSM version prior update: TCRP v0.4.6 DS3615xs DSM 7.0.1-42218
- Loader version and model: TCRP v0.9.2.6 DS3622xs+ DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 1
- Using custom extra.lzma: no
- Installation type: BAREMETAL HP N54L

I have a HP N54L based on TCRP 0.44 DS3615xs.

Can i just upgrade in boot and switch to DS3622xs with new generated serial?

And under find.synology.com the new generated patfile just upload and everything fine?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Messenger

By referring to ARPL's menu.sh, I am making it possible to build the menu in the same way in TCRP.

It is about 80% complete.

2117913513_2022-11-1311_50_59.thumb.png.633d7db50325be39ac7efe6e5ab4470f.png

If you run it with root privileges like ARPL, it changes to a blue background instead of a green background.

TCRP does not recommend running with root privileges, so I'll leave it as it is.

ARPL's fabio also developed it by referring to the interactive.sh menu that pocopico created for the first time.

I didn't need that many features, so I extracted only the essentials.

Tomorrow I will refine it a little more and distribute it in img form including m shell if possible.

• Thanks 2