XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

Today I tested DS3622

broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218

LSi 3008-IT HBA

Micron 960 on plugged into sata

Intel 10gb SR2 nic

When I go thru the install it's fine.  The 10 minute counter starts,  At the end the time I get a message "something has gone wrong."  Can't ping it seems locked up so I unplug it and dhcp provides me a new ip address, an it's back to the start of the installation.  Any idea how to troubleshoot this?

Edited by RacerX

5 hours ago, phone guy said:

Everybody seem to do the process a little different.

I used genuine pat from synology, manually updated to 7.1

on reboot, got to tc ran commands and reboot into dsm 7.1

I have also been able to build straight to 7.1, using same tsu build process (build 701 clean build 7.1) and go straight to 7.1

I did not use the cached pat from the usb, I used genuine pat from synology....

Was I suppose to use pat from cache?

I had posted the same results earlier. I was able to boot into 7.1 and install the website download and didn't use cache. I say don't change anything and just tell everyone to download from the site. The only thing I had to do was ssh in and enable shr feature

3 hours ago, RacerX said:

Today I tested DS3622

broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218

LSi 3008-IT HBA

Micron 960 on plugged into sata

Intel 10gb SR2 nic

When I go thru the install it's fine.  The 10 minute counter starts,  At the end the time I get a message "something has gone wrong."  Can't ping it seems locked up so I unplug it and dhcp provides me a new ip address, an it's back to the start of the installation.  Any idea how to troubleshoot this?

Disconnect your internet before installing. The install is downloading updates before reboot.

11 hours ago, sam juan said:

i tried the steps, but gotten corrupt pat file at 40% - 41%
will try to investigate, if not, will try the 2 step; ie. 7.0.1-42218 to 7.1.0-42661

so i did easy way:

• boot up NAS
  • backup hyperbackup
  • manual update with the PAT file from synology

• when synology process reboot pc -> select tiny core on the grub menu selection

then you do the same as explained by Peter but dont forget to check again you user_config.json as it will be refreshed by the command executed :-)

[DS3622xs+]

./rploader.sh update now
./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

./rploader.sh serialgen DS3622xs+
./rploader.sh identifyusb now
./rploader.sh satamap now

--Check user_config.json if all is correct

./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218
./rploader.sh clean now
./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661

./rploader.sh clean now;  rm -rf /mnt/sdb3/auxfiles;  rm -rf /home/tc/custom-module;  ./rploader.sh backup now;

hope this help

• Like 1

it looks like they changed the way that codecs are downloaded to DSM requiring a login and a legitimate serial number to retrieve the actual codecs, it seems to be a requisite for Synology Photos now.. I am not sure if would it possible to manually install or not - maybe @pocopico can tell us.

Edited by cferra
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Bose321 said:

I finally got my ethernet adapter to work on Unraid. However, now I am struggling with the disks to work. I've got the loader as a USB, and got one virtual SATA disk. When I run lspci -nnq I see 1 SATA controller with 6 disks (which is weird?). I've set my virtual disk as first one. When I run the satamap I get these values:

SataPortMap=6
DiskIdxMap=00

Those seem logical but it gets stuck on 55% when installing. How can I retrieve the correct values? I don't really understand how/why the controller returns there are 6 disks. Should I try 1 and 00?

Anyone? Would love to get my DSM working again. Trying with Qemu and 1 disk, with USB loader.

16 hours ago, Dvalin21 said:

I have the t320 on 7.1. if your using SAS card (h310,h200, etc) one make sure the card is flashed to IT Mode, in user_config.json get rid of satamap and diskid and add "SasIdxMap": "0". If you are using the embedded Satas controller (6 Sata) then you need to us satamap and diskid: Satamap 6 and Diskid 00 and keep SasIdxMap. Hope this helps.

Hi again,

Never ending story with SAS and SATA 🙂
I would like confirm witch settings will be correct for my custom build. 

As I mentioned some time ago in this topic, I am using Asus Z170I-PRO ITX motherboard which has 4 SATA ports, and M2 port for Nvme drive and my Dell Perc H310 flashed to LSI 9211-8i IT. 
According to above specification I am able to connect in total 12 drives (4-SATA and 8-SATA via SAS controller). 

If I would like utilize all ports what settings are correct?

"SataPortMap": "40",
"SasIdxMap": "0",
"DiskIdxMap": "00"  

?

Thanks in advance

56 minutes ago, MajkelP said:

Hi again,

Never ending story with SAS and SATA 🙂
I would like confirm witch settings will be correct for my custom build. 

As I mentioned some time ago in this topic, I am using Asus Z170I-PRO ITX motherboard which has 4 SATA ports, and M2 port for Nvme drive and my Dell Perc H310 flashed to LSI 9211-8i IT. 
According to above specification I am able to connect in total 12 drives (4-SATA and 8-SATA via SAS controller). 

If I would like utilize all ports what settings are correct?

"SataPortMap": "40",
"SasIdxMap": "0",
"DiskIdxMap": "00"  

?

Thanks in advance

Please remember SataPortMap is actually there to limit the number of available disk ports per controller.

Controllers are enumerated as listed in lsscsi -Hv in that order. If you want no limits for a controller leave this open. E.g. no SataPortMap. 

The DiskIdxMap has to do with the disk numbers and how the disks will be represented to the system. Its a two digit hex value per controller.

If you set DiskIdxMap=00 the first controller port/disk will start at 00. If you set DiskIdxMap=0008 the first controller will start at 00 and the second controller will start at 08. 

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NotHere said:

Again with that file corrupted. Can someone please help me fix this? What is the issue? What the the problem? I am using Proxmox as my hypervisor. I get into DSM "ok"... but then this happens. 

image.thumb.png.f9c7c1f4f6ec1002c1513649d557176a.png

Hi, can you do a ./rploader.sh clean now and start over ? A new patch has been released for that purpose.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RedCat said:

Hello

I use proxmox. I tired to install 918+7.0.1 on VM. It is work.

With 7.1 teh loader is finish, but dont boot...

Now I try to make 920+ 7.0.1 with redpill. It start to build loader, and it stop with error:

TARGET_PLATFORM       : geminilake
TARGET_VERSION    : 7.0.1
TARGET_REVISION : 42218
REDPILL_LKM_MAKE_TARGET : test-v7
KERNEL_MAJOR : 4
MODULE_ALIAS_FILE :  modules.alias.4.json
SYNOMODEL : ds920p_42218
MODEL : DS920+
Checking Internet Access -> OK
Checking if a newer version exists on the repo -> Version is current
Cloning into 'redpill-lkm'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 1248, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (1248/1248), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (570/570), done.
remote: Total 1248 (delta 862), reused 1047 (delta 661), pack-reused 0
Receiving objects: 100% (1248/1248), 476.52 KiB | 3.75 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (862/862), done.
Cloning into 'redpill-load'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 1656, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (1656/1656), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (876/876), done.
remote: Total 1656 (delta 808), reused 1453 (delta 660), pack-reused 0
Receiving objects: 100% (1656/1656), 28.43 MiB | 15.41 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (808/808), done.
No extra build option specified, using default <static>
Using static compiled redpill extension
Removing any old redpill.ko modules
Looking for redpill for : ds920p_42218
Module does not contain platorm information for ds920p_42218
tc@box:~$

What is wrong?

920+ 7.1 also successfully complied, booting, but dont find any hard drive :((

What can I try?

Thx

Hi!

I have the same issue, the final error "Module does not contain platform..."

How solve it?

I still can't it to instal, stuck on 55%.

DiskStation> fdisk -l
Disk /dev/sdd: 200 GB, 214748364800 bytes, 419430400 sectors
26108 cylinders, 255 heads, 63 sectors/track
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes

This sounds like it finds one disk, right?

DiskStation> ls -ldtr /sys/class/scsi_host/host*/device/target*
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root             0 Apr 12 10:22 /sys/class/scsi_host/host3/device/target3:0:0

Is this correct? I only have a single virtual disk, which should be the first and only, but this sounds like it's the fourth?

I have one SATA controller in my VM, which reports 6 disks. I have set my config to 1 and 00. Should I use 1 and 03 then? 

edit: Nope then it doesn't find any disks at all.

Edited by Bose321

1 hour ago, Bose321 said:

I still can't it to instal, stuck on 55%.

DiskStation> fdisk -l
Disk /dev/sdd: 200 GB, 214748364800 bytes, 419430400 sectors
26108 cylinders, 255 heads, 63 sectors/track
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes

This sounds like it finds one disk, right?

DiskStation> ls -ldtr /sys/class/scsi_host/host*/device/target*
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root             0 Apr 12 10:22 /sys/class/scsi_host/host3/device/target3:0:0

Is this correct? I only have a single virtual disk, which should be the first and only, but this sounds like it's the fourth?

I have one SATA controller in my VM, which reports 6 disks. I have set my config to 1 and 00. Should I use 1 and 03 then? 

edit: Nope then it doesn't find any disks at all.

Remember the TCRP disk has to be on a SATA controller and DATA disks on another controller 

31 minutes ago, pocopico said:

Remember the TCRP disk has to be on a SATA controller and DATA disks on another controller 

I've put the TCRP disk on as a USB, and the data disk as a SATA disk. Should that be enough, or should I still put the data disk on another controller?

3 minutes ago, Bose321 said:

I've put the TCRP disk on as a USB, and the data disk as a SATA disk. Should that be enough, or should I still put the data disk on another controller?

It is a method that I tested on 6.2.3 JUN loader, but it is also possible to move the loader to SATA SSD or MSATA and use it.
However, if SSD or MSATA with a capacity of more than 24GB is used during DSM installation, it is recognized as DATA DISK during DSM installation and this boot disk merge is formatted.
So, to avoid formatting, there is a way to finish installing DSM with USB first and make MSATA/SSD bootloader separately.

14 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

It is a method that I tested on 6.2.3 JUN loader, but it is also possible to move the loader to SATA SSD or MSATA and use it.
However, if SSD or MSATA with a capacity of more than 24GB is used during DSM installation, it is recognized as DATA DISK during DSM installation and this boot disk merge is formatted.
So, to avoid formatting, there is a way to finish installing DSM with USB first and make MSATA/SSD bootloader separately.

That makes sense. I recall that on VMWare I used Sata when building, booting, and in use. But I had it set to 0:0 and my data disks to 1:0 and 1:1 etc. Would be great if I could do that now again with UnRaid (Qemu). Anyone that can help me achieve that?