XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

I do have another question. On the Diskid I've seen so many variants of this being posted and shared. What is the conversion from what to what to get the Diskid? If there is nothing exact, then what would be the closest thing to look at?  Same thing with the Satamap?  The satamap identify function seems to only work with onboard sata controllers and I have a perc h310 which it doesnt sees (unless something has changed all of a sudden). Either way Im thankful that I can install DSM on my device as I never could on 3617, 3615, and 918. Something with this has something to do with the system marking the drives as (null) Unsupported. I also noticed that after I install, DSM seems to change my hdd from gpt to mbr. I can understand the one of them as it needs to have a bootable, but all of them?  Thanks

Edited by Dvalin21

Hello,

After a lot of testing, i'm reporting a SUCCESS

MOBO : ASUS M3A78

CPU : Athlon X2 64

RAM : 2x2Gb non ecc

Ethernet : Realtek 8168 inside mobo

HBA : DELL H310 flash with it firmware

HDD : 1x 1To WD RED - for testing, will try with 8x2To when i got all i need

What i have done :

Following the tutorial @ https://xpenology.club/install-dsm-7-on-baremetal-or-vm/

Keep my old serial number from my Jun's 1.02b/DSM 6.1 & MAC address

What has failed :

Installing DSM had failed multiple times, at multiples %

---> looked at the kernel debug with serial console : looks like the hard disk was the problem

When it first boot, synology assistant & DSM installation page says i can "migrate"

THAT WAS THE THING THAT BLOCK ME FROM INSTALLING

I suggest everyone to blank your test disks : delete data & partitions

Now i will try more stuff before going to prod :)

Thanks a lots @pocopico and to everyone to make those things working

Big Kisses ;)

1 hour ago, Dvalin21 said:

I do have another question. On the Diskid I've seen so many variants of this being posted and shared. What is the conversion from what to what to get the Diskid? If there is nothing exact, then what would be the closest thing to look at?  Same thing with the Satamap?  The satamap identify function seems to only work with onboard sata controllers and I have a perc h310 which it doesnt sees (unless something has changed all of a sudden). Either way Im thankful that I can install DSM on my device as I never could on 3617, 3615, and 918. Something with this has something to do with the system marking the drives as (null) Unsupported. I also noticed that after I install, DSM seems to change my hdd from gpt to mbr. I can understand the one of them as it needs to have a bootable, but all of them?  Thanks

This post helped me understand much about SMP and DIM

https://gugucomputing.wordpress.com/2018/11/11/experiment-on-sata_args-in-grub-cfg/

• Thanks 1

Hello... I'm a trying some test install(s) to see how smoothly this process goes, before committing anything to my very stable primary machine.  I have a Dell Optiplex 7040 with a Core i7-6700 (Skylake Family), 8GB RAM, 2 x 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD.  Attempting a virgin baremetal install of bromolow-7.0.1-42218, with tinycore-redpill.v0.4.6 and following as I understand the steps, "Install DSM 7 on BareMetal or VM based on Redpill" using the NOW/AUTO options.  Clearly I need to be loading some additional extensions, but how does one go about determining which ones, based on these failures?  Thank You 

Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 5.50.33 PM.png

14 hours ago, IG-88 said:

similar as with 6.2 loader, 1st partition of the loader, /boot/grub/grub.cfg

check the netif_num there, if its 1 and you have defined two when building the loader something is wrong defined there as the grub.cfg is made from that process

linux /zImage withefi earlyprintk syno_hw_version=DS3617xs console=ttyS0,115200n8 netif_num=1

TinyCore Redpill only showing me 1 NIC/LAN port of my baremetal nas box.

I do not know what is wrong? Please advise.

OK, I was unable to figure out how to view or edit the grub.cfg file from ssh or anything while the nas box was up and running. So I powered down the NAS box and removed the usb stick. Following a tutorial about how to see the grub.cfg, I downloaded mini partition wizard free for win10. Launched the app as admin on win10 and inserted the usb (which an already built RP bootloader). Looked on the first partition and there was the grub.cfg which did show netif_num=1. Even though I had entered 2 unique mac# in user_config.json. So ok, IG-88 said something must have gone wrong or not done correctly. So I start again.

Download pocopico tinycore-rp then I write that using win32diskimager to a cleaned usb, insert that back into the nas baremetal box and reboot.

It boots into tinycore, using the hdmi out of the nas box, kb, mouse and monitor, I load terminal in tc and type ifconfig to get current ip of nas box.

back to win10, use winscp to connect to tinycore RP ip with login credentials. then putty in to tinycore RP ip with credentials and issue the following commands

./rploader.sh update now (it downloads newest script)

./rploader.sh satamap now (it remapped sata port)

./rploader.sh identifyusb now (it identified pid/vid)

I go back to winscp, and edit the user_config.json with notepad++ on win10, I enter a copy of my personal DS920+ (which is at another physical location and NOT on my LAN) serial and two mac#, based on the fact I saw netif_num=1 before, and another thread suggesting adding netif_num=2, I do that. So my user_config.json looks like this (I edited out the #s)

{
  "extra_cmdline": {
    "pid": "0x1234",
    "vid": "0x0123",
    "sn": "2022ABCDE01FG",
    "mac1": "001234567A8",
    "mac2": "001234567A9",
    "SataPortMap": "222",
    "DiskIdxMap": "000204",
    "netif_num": "2"

},
  "synoinfo": {

"internalportcfg" : "0xffff",
          "maxdisks" : "16",
	      "support_bde_internal_10g" : "no",
	      "support_disk_compatibility" : "no",
          "support_memory_compatibility" : "no"

},
  "ramdisk_copy": {

}

}

Above you can see I added the "netif_num": "2" to the end of that section. I write this user_config.json thru winscp ip connection, refresh the directory and pull it back it for editing to verify the details are all there and written to the usb stick, they are.

At this point I go back to putty and issue this command

./rploader.sh build apollolake-7.0.1-42218

The script executes and does whatever it is that it does. I see no red banners or text, only green text flowing up the screen. When its done, I pull the 918p.pat file it saves in cache to my local machine and I  power down the nas box. I remove the newly created RP loader usb, and insert it into my win10 machine and using the partition wizard program, again I look for the grub.cfg (immediately after generating the RP loader). I look at the grub.cfg and now it DOES say netif_num=2 (which it DID NOT BEFORE) here is one of the lines from grub.cfg

linux /zImage withefi earlyprintk syno_hw_version=DS918+ console=ttyS0,115200n8 netif_num=2 pid=0x5XXX earlycon=uart8250,io,0x3f8,115200n8 syno_port_thaw=1 mac2=xxxxxxxxxxx mac1=xxxxxxxxxxx sn=XXXXXXXXXXXXX vid=0x0XXX elevator=elevator loglevel=15 HddHotplug=0 DiskIdxMap=000204 syno_hdd_detect=0 vender_format_version=2 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=1 log_buf_len=32M root=/dev/md0 SataPortMap=222 

So I reinsert the usb into the nas baremetal box and the nas reboots this time into the first of the 3 menu options, booting from usb.. I wait for a couple of minutes and on the win10 browser I enter the synoip and get the welcome screen and setup dsm7 (this is a freshly formatted ssd for testing). So I click browse to load dsm locally, point it to the 918p pat file I pulled off the RP USB. The installation works quickly, the nas box restarts (twice I think) and I login to a fresh install of dsm7 to see only 1 nic/lan port recognized in dsm. Control panel>network shows only 1 lan (even though 2 are physically on the box connected to my switch).

I was trying to show exactly what I did, and with what I used, so I could get help figuring out what is wrong? The grub.cfg now shows netif_num=2, the user_config.json has 2 unique mac addresses, but still dsm only see's 1 NIC LAN port.

Can anyone assist me?

THANK YOU.

2 hours ago, Jizar Stoffel said:

This post helped me understand much about SMP and DIM

https://gugucomputing.wordpress.com/2018/11/11/experiment-on-sata_args-in-grub-cfg/

I dont think there is a better tut anywhere on the internet!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!   I will start testing this sometime to tonight going into next week. School keeps me busy. I'm praying this really helps out with sas/sata cards and so forth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phone guy said:

OK, I was unable to figure out how to view or edit the grub.cfg file from ssh or anything while the nas box was up and running. So I powered down the NAS box and removed the usb stick. Following a tutorial about how to see the grub.cfg, I downloaded mini partition wizard free for win10. Launched the app as admin on win10 and inserted the usb (which an already built RP bootloader). Looked on the first partition and there was the grub.cfg which did show netif_num=1. Even though I had entered 2 unique mac# in user_config.json. So ok, IG-88 said something must have gone wrong or not done correctly. So I start again.

Download pocopico tinycore-rp then I write that using win32diskimager to a cleaned usb, insert that back into the nas baremetal box and reboot.

It boots into tinycore, using the hdmi out of the nas box, kb, mouse and monitor, I load terminal in tc and type ifconfig to get current ip of nas box.

back to win10, use winscp to connect to tinycore RP ip with login credentials. then putty in to tinycore RP ip with credentials and issue the following commands

I go back to winscp, and edit the user_config.json with notepad++ on win10, I enter a copy of my personal DS920+ (which is at another physical location and NOT on my LAN) serial and two mac#, based on the fact I saw netif_num=1 before, and another thread suggesting adding netif_num=2, I do that. So my user_config.json looks like this (I edited out the #s)

{

},

},

}

}

Above you can see I added the "netif_num": "2" to the end of that section. I write this user_config.json thru winscp ip connection, refresh the directory and pull it back it for editing to verify the details are all there and written to the usb stick, they are.

The script executes and does whatever it is that it does. I see no red banners or text, only green text flowing up the screen. When its done, I pull the 918p.pat file it saves in cache to my local machine and I  power down the nas box. I remove the newly created RP loader usb, and insert it into my win10 machine and using the partition wizard program, again I look for the grub.cfg (immediately after generating the RP loader). I look at the grub.cfg and now it DOES say netif_num=2 (which it DID NOT BEFORE) here is one of the lines from grub.cfg

linux /zImage withefi earlyprintk syno_hw_version=DS918+ console=ttyS0,115200n8 netif_num=2 pid=0x5XXX earlycon=uart8250,io,0x3f8,115200n8 syno_port_thaw=1 mac2=xxxxxxxxxxx mac1=xxxxxxxxxxx sn=XXXXXXXXXXXXX vid=0x0XXX elevator=elevator loglevel=15 HddHotplug=0 DiskIdxMap=000204 syno_hdd_detect=0 vender_format_version=2 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=1 log_buf_len=32M root=/dev/md0 SataPortMap=222 

So I reinsert the usb into the nas baremetal box and the nas reboots this time into the first of the 3 menu options, booting from usb.. I wait for a couple of minutes and on the win10 browser I enter the synoip and get the welcome screen and setup dsm7 (this is a freshly formatted ssd for testing). So I click browse to load dsm locally, point it to the 918p pat file I pulled off the RP USB. The installation works quickly, the nas box restarts (twice I think) and I login to a fresh install of dsm7 to see only 1 nic/lan port recognized in dsm. Control panel>network shows only 1 lan (even though 2 are physically on the box connected to my switch).

I was trying to show exactly what I did, and with what I used, so I could get help figuring out what is wrong? The grub.cfg now shows netif_num=2, the user_config.json has 2 unique mac addresses, but still dsm only see's 1 NIC LAN port.

Can anyone assist me?

THANK YOU.

Im in the same boat, I have a 100mb onboard NIC, a 2.5Gb PCI NIC, and a 1Gb USB NIC.

it see the USB NIC under info on the control Panel inside DSM7, but it does not see it as a LAN2 or LAN3.

im in the process of figuring out how to read the logs, but so far not good, on WinSCP it gives permission error and on Putty gives file not found.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jizar Stoffel said:

Im in the same boat, I have a 100mb onboard NIC, a 2.5Gb PCI NIC, and a 1Gb USB NIC.

it see the USB NIC under info on the control Panel inside DSM7, but it does not see it as a LAN2 or LAN3.

im in the process of figuring out how to read the logs, but so far not good, on WinSCP it gives permission error and on Putty gives file not found.....

I even tried plugging in a external usb lan adapter into the box, while dsm7 was up and running, when info center did detected it, I couldn't make it actually be a LAN PORT... it shows as a usb device. In honesty that could have been a limitation with dsm7, as I remember lots of support for ext usb devices were revoked from dsm6 to 7. But I don't know.

I have rebuild the RP loader countless times now, with serial gen, with custom inputs, the closest I've gotten is by adding the netif syntax to user_configure which does add the netif_num=2 to the grub.cfg, but it still only shows 1 lan.  I am hoping the powers that be read and see this and can inject some guidance, for both of us.  If not, 1 LAN will have to do... or go back to v6.2.3 (which did work with both LAN ports on this same hardware using Juns 1.04b loader)

GOOD LUCK TO US BOTH! :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, phone guy said:

Question, has anyone successfully used RP on Baremetal and gotten 2+ LAN ports to work in DSM7?

I guess the question would apply to a VM setup too?

I was able to get it working, but it worked on its own. I didnt have to change anything or add a second mac address even. I usually however dont use it.  Im also using a Dell Poweredge T320 so ports are separate like yours

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dvalin21 said:

I was able to get it working, but it worked on its own. I didnt have to change anything or add a second mac address even. I usually however dont use it.  Im also using a Dell Poweredge T320 so ports are separate like yours

Well that gives me hope. I dont fully understand the whole procedure, I think only the devs really do... But if multiple lan ports do work with rp and dsm7 then its obviously user error... I'll have to wait for someone smarter than me to look at my post above and offer a solution.  Thanks for replying.

Edited by phone guy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, phone guy said:

{

},

},

}

}

Can anyone assist me?

THANK YOU.

Did you added the driver for the second lan? Some were not support by DSM and have to add driver by yourself. You can find some drivers from pocopico extensions https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D.S said:

Did you added the driver for the second lan? Some were not support by DSM and have to add driver by yourself. You can find some drivers from pocopico extensions https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext

Wow, I'm so glad you asked that, I just realized I forgot to list that command as one of the steps I used in my above post that I can no longer edit!  Note: I have the entire process log saved if that will be helpful to anyone?

I assume when I did the ./rploader.sh ext apollolake-7.0.1-42218 auto it did? This was the resulting log from that command

tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh ext apollolake-7.0.1-42218 auto
Loader source : https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load.git Loader Branch : develop
Redpill module source : https://github.com/RedPill-TTG/redpill-lkm.git : Redpill module branch : master
Extensions :
Extensions URL :
TOOLKIT_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/toolkit/DSM7.0/ds.apollolake-7.0.dev.txz/download
TOOLKIT_SHA : d349fa644392d4cfab8191243ee38aaa32bd517208c144678e0c855cb5a619ea
SYNOKERNEL_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/Synology%20NAS%20GPL%20Source/25426branch/apollolake-source/linux-4.4.x.txz/download
SYNOKERNEL_SHA : af815ee065775d2e569fd7176e25c8ba7ee17a03361557975c8e5a4b64230c5b
COMPILE_METHOD : toolkit_dev
TARGET_PLATFORM       : apollolake
TARGET_VERSION    : 7.0.1
TARGET_REVISION : 42218
REDPILL_LKM_MAKE_TARGET : test-v7
KERNEL_MAJOR : 4
MODULE_ALIAS_FILE= modules.alias.4.json
Checking Internet Access -> OK
Cloning into 'redpill-lkm'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 1051, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (1051/1051), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (501/501), done.
remote: Total 1051 (delta 724), reused 870 (delta 543), pack-reused 0
Receiving objects: 100% (1051/1051), 449.04 KiB | 1.80 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (724/724), done.
Cloning into 'redpill-load'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 800, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (800/800), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (413/413), done.
remote: Total 800 (delta 329), reused 729 (delta 306), pack-reused 0
Receiving objects: 100% (800/800), 15.69 MiB | 2.67 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (329/329), done.
Testing modules.alias.4.json -> File OK
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It looks that you will need the following modules :

Found VGA Controller : pciid 8086d00005a85  Required Extension : i915
Searching for matching extension for i915
Found SATA Controller : pciid 8086d00005ae3  Required Extension : ahci
Searching for matching extension for ahci
[#] Checking runtime for required tools... [OK]
[#] Adding new extension from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/rpext-index.json...
[#] Downloading remote file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/rpext-index.json to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/_new_ext_index.tmp_json
######################################################################## 100.0%
[OK]
[#] ========================================== pocopico.r8169 ==========================================
[#] Extension name: r8169
[#] Description: Adds RealTek RTL-8169 Gigabit Ethernet driver Support
[#] To get help visit: <todo>
[#] Extension preparer/packer: https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/tree/main/r8169
[#] Software author: https://github.com/pocopico
[#] Update URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/rpext-index.json
[#] Platforms supported: ds1621p_42218 ds3617xs_25556u2 ds918p_41890 ds3617xs_42218 ds3615xs_25556u2 ds3617xs_25556 ds918p_25556 dva3221_42218 ds3622xsp_42218 ds3615xs_41222 ds3617xs_42218u2 ds3615xs_25556 ds918p_42218 ds3615xs_42218
[#] =======================================================================================

Found Ethernet Interface : pciid 10ecd00008168 Required Extension : r8169
Searching for matching extension for r8169
Found matching extension :
"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/rpext-index.json"
Found SATA Controller : pciid 1b21d00000612  Required Extension : ahci
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It says it added support for realtek 8169 from pocopico. (among other things)

One of the things I noticed inside dsm7 the realtek lan shows as a usb device. Both nic ports worked in dsm6.2.3 Jun 1.04b, but I didnt notice how they registered in control panel>info. In dsm7 the realtek shows as a usb device. see the attached picture.

Another thing, but both lan ports seem to work in tinycore, they both have activity lights while in tinycore, but not once the loader is built and rebooted into usb loader.

New Project.png

Edited by phone guy
Forgot to mention the ext auto cmd in my above post. Added it here

2 hours ago, phone guy said:

Wow, I'm so glad you asked that, I just realized I forgot to list that command as one of the steps I used in my above post that I can no longer edit!  Note: I have the entire process log saved if that will be helpful to anyone?

I assume when I did the ./rploader.sh ext apollolake-7.0.1-42218 auto it did? This was the resulting log from that command

Loader source : https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load.git Loader Branch : develop
Redpill module source : https://github.com/RedPill-TTG/redpill-lkm.git : Redpill module branch : master
Extensions :
Extensions URL :
TOOLKIT_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/toolkit/DSM7.0/ds.apollolake-7.0.dev.txz/download
SYNOKERNEL_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/Synology%20NAS%20GPL%20Source/25426branch/apollolake-source/linux-4.4.x.txz/download
SYNOKERNEL_SHA : af815ee065775d2e569fd7176e25c8ba7ee17a03361557975c8e5a4b64230c5b

[#] Adding new extension from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/rpext-index.json...
[#] Downloading remote file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/rpext-index.json to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/_new_ext_index.tmp_json
[OK]
[#] ========================================== pocopico.r8169 ==========================================
[#] Extension preparer/packer: https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/tree/main/r8169
[#] Update URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/rpext-index.json
[#] Platforms supported: ds1621p_42218 ds3617xs_25556u2 ds918p_41890 ds3617xs_42218 ds3615xs_25556u2 ds3617xs_25556 ds918p_25556 dva3221_42218 ds3622xsp_42218 ds3615xs_41222 ds3617xs_42218u2 ds3615xs_25556 ds918p_42218 ds3615xs_42218
[#] =======================================================================================

"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/rpext-index.json"

One of the things I noticed inside dsm7 the realtek lan shows as a usb device. Both nic ports worked in dsm6.2.3 Jun 1.04b, but I didnt notice how they registered in control panel>info. In dsm7 the realtek shows as a usb device. see the attached picture.

Another thing, but both lan ports seem to work in tinycore, they both have activity lights while in tinycore, but not once the loader is built and rebooted into usb loader.

New Project.png

Add manual lan and link on your usb.

example:

ip link add eth1 link "usbcard" type macvlan mode bridge

ip addr add 192.168.1.1/32 dev eth1

ip link set eth1 up

so go to network tab.

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, blackmix said:

Add manual lan and link on your usb.

example:

ip link add eth1 link "usbcard" type macvlan mode bridge

ip addr add 192.168.1.1/32 dev eth1

ip link set eth1 up

so go to network tab.

Where does this get entered? Ssh while DSM is up and running?

I am getting the following error

tc@box:~$ sudo ./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218 auto
jq: error (at <stdin>:1): Cannot iterate over null (null)
Loader source : https://github.com/dogodefi/redpill-load.git Loader Branch : develop
Redpill module source : https://github.com/dogodefi/redpill-lkm.git : Redpill module branch : develop
Extensions :
Extensions URL :
TOOLKIT_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/toolkit/DSM7.0/ds.broadwellnk-7.0.dev.txz/download
TOOLKIT_SHA : 0d9edca67d9e7e14c2529bbb58341b623936124d5264f71f1e4acbacf3ea202d
SYNOKERNEL_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/Synology%20NAS%20GPL%20Source/25426branch/broadwellnk-source/linux-4.4.x.txz/download
SYNOKERNEL_SHA : d3e85eb80f16a83244fcae6016ab6783cd8ac55e3af2b4240455261396e1e1be
TARGET_PLATFORM       : broadwellnk
REDPILL_LKM_MAKE_TARGET : dev-v7
Checking if a newer version exists on the repo -> sha256sum: latestrploader.sh: No such file or directory
There is a newer version of the script on the repo should we use that ? [yY/nN]y
OK, updating, please re-run after updating
cp: cannot stat '/home/tc/latestrploader.sh': No such file or directory
Updating tinycore loader with latest updates
Backing up files to /mnt/sdb3//mydata.tgz

when I start the first command is always sudo ./rploader update now so it is updated before i compile the image...

When I answer yes it is always failed

when I answer no it completes the task ...

change to new usb disk with the same error

26 minutes ago, ditheo said:

Loader source : https://github.com/dogodefi/redpill-load.git Loader Branch : develop
Redpill module source : https://github.com/dogodefi/redpill-lkm.git : Redpill module branch : develop
Extensions :
Extensions URL :
TOOLKIT_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/toolkit/DSM7.0/ds.broadwellnk-7.0.dev.txz/download
SYNOKERNEL_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/Synology%20NAS%20GPL%20Source/25426branch/broadwellnk-source/linux-4.4.x.txz/download
SYNOKERNEL_SHA : d3e85eb80f16a83244fcae6016ab6783cd8ac55e3af2b4240455261396e1e1be
Checking if a newer version exists on the repo -> sha256sum: latestrploader.sh: No such file or directory
There is a newer version of the script on the repo should we use that ? [yY/nN]y

when I start the first command is always sudo ./rploader update now so it is updated before i compile the image...

try this first:

sudo ./rploader.sh clean now

5 hours ago, phone guy said:

Extensions :
Extensions URL :

[OK]

New Project.png

Both lan port controller are realtek and both showed inside "Network" tab? I saw one driver was added only. I have 2 lan port as well, but only one was detected by tinycore and one have to add by manually.  Please check the model of lan controller to make sure have driver added.

33 minutes ago, ditheo said:

Extensions :
Extensions URL :

Oh, you already found the issue. OK sorry i pushed a change to the repo that leaded to wrong URL for the rploader.sh

the correct one is :

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/main/rploader.sh

once in TC you can type 

curl --location https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/main/rploader.sh -O 

that should fix it

• Like 1

Hello,

i have problems with the hard drive errors and sata ports being disabled aka satamapping problem :-(
the synology webpage reports hard drives 1,2,3,6 broken and disabled, i dont know why its 4 drives since there are only 2 hdds (2x8TB) and the usb inserted

Loader results:

sudo ./rploader.sh satamap now
HBA: 00:1f.2 Disks : 6
SataPortMap=6
DiskIdxMap=00

so for me it looks ok -> 6 ports on 1st controller and mapping with no offset

tc@box:~$ lsscsi -Hv
[0]    ahci
  dir: /sys/class/scsi_host//host0
  device dir: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata1/host0
[1]    ahci
  dir: /sys/class/scsi_host//host1
  device dir: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata2/host1
[2]    ahci
  dir: /sys/class/scsi_host//host2
  device dir: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata3/host2
[3]    ahci
  dir: /sys/class/scsi_host//host3
  device dir: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata4/host3
[4]    ahci
  dir: /sys/class/scsi_host//host4
  device dir: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata5/host4
[5]    ahci
  dir: /sys/class/scsi_host//host5
  device dir: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata6/host5
[6]    usb-storage
  dir: /sys/class/scsi_host//host6
  device dir: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-10/3-10:1.0/host6

but i see the hdds are connected to sata port 3+4 on mainboard (error -> hdd 1,2,3,6 broken)

tc@box:~$ ls -ldtr /sys/class/scsi_host/host*/device/port*
ls: cannot access '/sys/class/scsi_host/host*/device/port*': No such file or directory
tc@box:~$ ls -ldtr /sys/class/scsi_host/host*/device/target*
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 0 Mar 28 08:22 /sys/class/scsi_host/host4/device/target4:0:0/
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 0 Mar 28 08:22 /sys/class/scsi_host/host3/device/target3:0:0/
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 0 Mar 28 08:22 /sys/class/scsi_host/host6/device/target6:0:0/
tc@box:~$ ls -ldtr /sys/class/scsi_host/host*/device/phy*
ls: cannot access '/sys/class/scsi_host/host*/device/phy*': No such file or directory

when i change hdds to sata port 0+1 (without changing config) i get error on hdd 3,4,5,6

DiskStation> ls -ldtr /sys/class/scsi_host/host*/device/target*
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root             0 Jan  1 00:07 /sys/class/scsi_host/host6/device/target6:0:0
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root             0 Mar 28  2022 /sys/class/scsi_host/host1/device/target1:0:0
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root             0 Mar 28  2022 /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/device/target0:0:0

is it normal start it starts with index 6 and then counts down to 0 of the targets?

does someone have some hints for me with the setting of SataPortMap and DiskIdxMap?

some additional info outputs if maybe needed:
here fdisk -l with skipped /dev/ram0-7 and /dev/loop0-51

tc@box:~$ fdisk -l            
Disk /dev/sda: 7.28 TiB, 8001563222016 bytes, 15628053168 sectors
Disk model: TOSHIBA HDWG480
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes
Disklabel type: gpt
Disk identifier: xxx

Device     Start         End     Sectors  Size Type
/dev/sda1   2048 15628052479 15628050432  7.3T Microsoft basic data

Disk /dev/sdb: 7.28 TiB, 8001563222016 bytes, 15628053168 sectors
Disk model: TOSHIBA HDWG480
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes
Disklabel type: gpt

Device     Start         End     Sectors  Size Type
/dev/sdb1   2048 15628052479 15628050432  7.3T Microsoft basic data

Disk /dev/sdc: 29.3 GiB, 31457280000 bytes, 61440000 sectors
Disk model: Flash Disk
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos

Device     Boot  Start     End Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/sdc1  *      2048  100351   98304   48M 83 Linux
/dev/sdc2       100352  253951  153600   75M 83 Linux
/dev/sdc3       253952 2097151 1843200  900M 83 Linux

tc@box:~$ lspci -nnqk
00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor DRAM Controller [8086:0c00] (rev 06)
        Subsystem: Fujitsu Technology Solutions Device [1734:11e7]
        Kernel driver in use: hsw_uncore
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0412] (rev 06)
00:03.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD Audio Controller [8086:0c0c] (rev 06)
00:14.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI [8086:8c31] (rev 04)
        Subsystem: Fujitsu Technology Solutions Device [1734:11ea]
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 [8086:8c3a] (rev 04)
        Kernel driver in use: mei_me
00:19.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection I217-LM [8086:153a] (rev 04)
        Subsystem: Fujitsu Technology Solutions Device [1734:11ed]
        Kernel driver in use: e1000e
00:1a.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #2 [8086:8c2d] (rev 04)
        Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset High Definition Audio Controller [8086:8c20] (rev 04)
        Subsystem: Fujitsu Technology Solutions Device [1734:11eb]
00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #1 [8086:8c10] (rev d4)
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
00:1c.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #2 [8086:8c12] (rev d4)
00:1d.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #1 [8086:8c26] (rev 04)
        Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Q87 Express LPC Controller [8086:8c4e] (rev 04)
        Kernel driver in use: lpc_ich
00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller 1 [AHCI mode] [8086:8c02] (rev 04)
        Kernel driver in use: ahci
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller [8086:8c22] (rev 04)
00:1f.6 Signal processing controller [1180]: Intel Corporation 8 Series Chipset Family Thermal Management Controller [8086:8c24] (rev 04)
        Kernel driver in use: intel_pch_thermal
02:00.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Integrated Device Technology, Inc. [IDT] PES3T3 PCI Express Switch [111d:8039] (rev 0e)
03:02.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Integrated Device Technology, Inc. [IDT] PES3T3 PCI Express Switch [111d:8039] (rev 0e)
03:03.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Integrated Device Technology, Inc. [IDT] PES3T3 PCI Express Switch [111d:8039] (rev 0e)
04:00.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: LSI Corporation FW643 [TrueFire] PCIe 1394b Controller [11c1:5901] (rev 08)
        Subsystem: IOI Technology Corp FWB-PCIE1X2x [1546:0643]
05:00.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: LSI Corporation FW643 [TrueFire] PCIe 1394b Controller [11c1:5901] (rev 08)
        Subsystem: IOI Technology Corp FWB-PCIE1X2x [1546:0643]

Edited by FunThomas