XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

16 hours ago, danellis12561 said:

Actually, I removed the storage pool I created and the RAM stopped creeping up.  I rebooted and created the SHR pool with one drive which completed without issue.  I'm adding a second drive right now and the RAM is staying at 1%.  If it finishes adding the second drive with no issues, I'll add the other two and monitor it.  Maybe something with the initial creation of the SHR pool of 4 disks was wonky.

There was a similar phenomenon in my DS3622xs+ SHR.
SHR was first configured with four SATA HDD.
Unexpectedly, I needed a day of restructuring.
My 8GB of RAM was using almost 95% of the resources.
So, I deleted the storage pool and volume and made SHR again with only one disk, and did not attempt to reconstruct it.
If there is another attempt to reconstruct with two or more disks and another lack of RAM resources occurs, it plans to report it to @pocopico

2 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

There was a similar phenomenon in my DS3622xs+ SHR.
SHR was first configured with four SATA HDD.
Unexpectedly, I needed a day of restructuring.
My 8GB of RAM was using almost 95% of the resources.
So, I deleted the storage pool and volume and made SHR again with only one disk, and did not attempt to reconstruct it.
If there is another attempt to reconstruct with two or more disks and another lack of RAM resources occurs, it plans to report it to @pocopico

Similar here.  I rebuilt the SHR with a single disk, which was fine.  I added another single drive to the SHR and there were no issues.  I tried adding 2 more disks simultaneously and ran into the RAM issue.  It reboots before the expansion completes and just goes int a loop trying to expand the SHR.  I imagine that if I were to keep adding a single drive at a time it would be fine.  But adding multiple drives at once seems to cause the RAM issues.  @Peter Suh what kind of hardware are you installing on?  @pocopicoIs there something we can do to help figure out what's going on?

6 hours ago, danellis12561 said:

Similar here.  I rebuilt the SHR with a single disk, which was fine.  I added another single drive to the SHR and there were no issues.  I tried adding 2 more disks simultaneously and ran into the RAM issue.  It reboots before the expansion completes and just goes int a loop trying to expand the SHR.  I imagine that if I were to keep adding a single drive at a time it would be fine.  But adding multiple drives at once seems to cause the RAM issues.  @Peter Suh what kind of hardware are you installing on?  @pocopicoIs there something we can do to help figure out what's going on?

The first shr-generated multi-disk combination I tried was a test of 0.6 TB + 2 TB + 2 TB + 3 TB. After the RAM issue occurred, the storage pool and volume were deleted, and abnormal restart occurred in this process. Since this restart, the storage pool has been deleted and there have been no other errors. I don't know if I know exactly, but the mpt3sas driver seems to have been updated from version 22 to 41, so I'm rebuilding the loader and watching for 18 hours after creating it with SHR 2TB+ 2TB+3TB. No other abnormal symptoms have been seen yet.

6 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

The first shr-generated multi-disk combination I tried was a test of 0.6 TB + 2 TB + 2 TB + 3 TB. After the RAM issue occurred, the storage pool and volume were deleted, and abnormal restart occurred in this process. Since this restart, the storage pool has been deleted and there have been no other errors. I don't know if I know exactly, but the mpt3sas driver seems to have been updated from version 22 to 41, so I'm rebuilding the loader and watching for 18 hours after creating it with SHR 2TB+ 2TB+3TB. No other abnormal symptoms have been seen yet.

this is my pc.

CPU : i3-4160T
M/B : DT-H81DL GAIDA
LAN : RealTek r8111F DUAL
RAID : Dell Perc H310 , IT Mode
LOADER : Tinycore 0.4.5 Native
EXT : r8169, mpt3sas
DSM : DS3622xs+ 7.0.1

HDD : 4ea Sata Drives

1 hour ago, Peter Suh said:

this is my pc.

CPU : i3-4160T
M/B : DT-H81DL GAIDA
LAN : RealTek r8111F DUAL
RAID : Dell Perc H310 , IT Mode
LOADER : Tinycore 0.4.5 Native
EXT : r8169, mpt3sas
DSM : DS3622xs+ 7.0.1

HDD : 4ea Sata Drives

Did you add the mpt3sas driver manually?  If so, that might not be it as I have not added any extra modules.  It was just the basic TC loader setup.  Also, did you flash the h310 to IT mode, or did it you get it already flashed?

1 hour ago, danellis12561 said:

Did you add the mpt3sas driver manually?  If so, that might not be it as I have not added any extra modules.  It was just the basic TC loader setup.  Also, did you flash the h310 to IT mode, or did it you get it already flashed?

The mpt3sas driver was not added manually. Drivers automatically added during the build process were used.
I flash the H310 to IT Mode myself, what is the problem here?
This PC specification is already stably used for Jun loader 1.04b DSM 6.2.3.

6 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

The mpt3sas driver was not added manually. Drivers automatically added during the build process were used.
I flash the H310 to IT Mode myself, what is the problem here?
This PC specification is already stably used for Jun loader 1.04b DSM 6.2.3.

Okay. I wasn't sure if it was something that was manually added and I know I didn't add anything extra to mine.  I just wanted to make sure we were comparing apples to apples.  I flashed my card as well (h710) and have seen some people on here mentioning ordering cards that are already flashed since theirs weren't flashed to IT mode.  It was pretty easy to flash mine, so I was just curious.  Are you still having issues after the mpt3sas driver update?  It seems to be okay if I only add one disk at a time, but that can be time consuming.

13 minutes ago, danellis12561 said:

Okay. I wasn't sure if it was something that was manually added and I know I didn't add anything extra to mine.  I just wanted to make sure we were comparing apples to apples.  I flashed my card as well (h710) and have seen some people on here mentioning ordering cards that are already flashed since theirs weren't flashed to IT mode.  It was pretty easy to flash mine, so I was just curious.  Are you still having issues after the mpt3sas driver update?  It seems to be okay if I only add one disk at a time, but that can be time consuming.

I'm sure some of you already know,

For repeated SHR or RAID volume configuration tests,

Share tips on stopping volume optimization.

SSH>

sudo -i

cat /proc/mdstat (Checking the disk number for optimization.)

echo frozen > /sys/block/<md with number>/md/sync_action

After this process, the storage pool and volume can be removed immediately.

In the last RAM issue, symptoms were witnessed shortly after SHR optimization.
SHR optimization will continue to try and report any problems.

Edited by Peter Suh

For info.

I built a fresh DS3615xs 6.2.4 VM to test how migration from 6.2.x DS3615xs to 7.0.1 DS3622xs+ is handled :

image.thumb.png.6b20e023b47999221e6c6153a1274461.png

image.thumb.png.227778fecd06fd594cadc0d66f1f60a7.png

It worked totally fine.

Of course it is a clean fresh 6.2.4 install so it may not be so easy with lot of stuffs already installed. but I installed docker package on 6.2.4 before migration and it was updated fine on 7.0.1 install.

14 minutes ago, Orphée said:

For info.

I built a fresh DS3615xs 6.2.4 VM to test how migration from 6.2.x DS3615xs to 7.0.1 DS3622xs+ is handled :

image.thumb.png.6b20e023b47999221e6c6153a1274461.png

image.thumb.png.227778fecd06fd594cadc0d66f1f60a7.png

It worked totally fine.

Of course it is a clean fresh 6.2.4 install so it may not be so easy with lot of stuffs already installed. but I installed docker package on 6.2.4 before migration and it was updated fine on 7.0.1 install.

And is that on Gen8 ? Great news then ..

• Like 1

tinycore-redpill.v0.4.5 with ext hpsa. The loader is built successfully without any error. But there is a error when booting.

:: Loading module usb-storage[    2.298664] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage

... [  OK  ]

:: Loading kernel modules from extensions ...

Loading kmod #0 "scsi_transport_sas.ko" for pocopico.hpsa (args: )

[    2.308405] scsi_transport_sas: version magic '4.4.180+ SMP mod_unload ' should be '3.10.108 SMP mod_unload '

[    2.309303] scsi_transport_sas: version magic '4.4.180+ SMP mod_unload ' should be '3.10.108 SMP mod_unload '

insmod: can't insert 'scsi_transport_sas.ko': invalid module format

ERROR: kernel extensions "scsi_transport_sas.ko" from pocopico.hpsa failed to load

Exit on error [99] rp ext init exec failure...

Sun Feb 20 11:46:34 UTC 2022

none /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0

[    2.516065] usb 2-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

9 minutes ago, recoco said:

tinycore-redpill.v0.4.5 with ext hpsa. The loader is built successfully without any error. But there is a error when booting.

Is this for bromolow ? 3615xs ?? let me have a look 

Edit : yes it was pointing to wrong file .. i fixed that now i think

Edited by pocopico

8 hours ago, pocopico said:

Its a typical SataPortMap and DiskIdxMap issue... Search the forum for that 

I can't find a solution... I can't understand the logic behind SataPortMap and DiskIdxMap values 😔
If anyone of you could give me an help, I would really appreciate it.

Hello everyone, I want to make a migration from 918 to 3622. I collect via tinycore, I do not specify the parameters of Sata Port Map and SasIdxMap, but they are written to the default config, if I remove them when booting, I still do not see the 11 -12 disk, although in the configuration only DiskIdxMap = 0004 on 918 everything works fine.