XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

23 hours ago, pocopico said:

Please run

./rploader.sh update now again and yes to overwrite the files

Back with some news, I have followed your guidance and DSM7.0 is deployed. 

Thanks a lot ! 

One thing I was also doing wrong, is to use Synology assistant to detect my NAS, where it wasn't working. Using find.synology.com worked directly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dvalin21 said:

Just did an update to 42218u2, its saying now that I had moved the drives so its doing a recovery. Now its in a bootloop recovery.

I dont exactly understand why the upgrade fails to complete. I'm thinking that

A. Since Redpill uses the rd.gz (ramdisk or miniroot) that has the redpill module and some mechanism to load redpill.ko injected into it, if for any reason the update rewrites the rd.gz then you are losing Redpill. If for some reason the Redpill blocks the writing of rd.gz then DSM does not match the rd.gz and this creates an issue. I tend to think that the updates are failing because indeed Redpill blocks writing of rd.gz on synoboot.

B. Kernel image (zImage) is also hacked in order to avoid checksum validation. If the update overwrites zImage then you will fail to boot. Here again i think Redpill protects the overwriting of zImage.

So in other words, there must be a combination of update and recreation of rd.gz at the same time. @buggy25200 Has done the update for 3617 in some way and has explained the process.  You should look after his posts to further understand.

Edit : And here is some more explanation about it :

Edit2 : More reading :

https://github.com/RedPill-TTG/redpill-lkm/tree/master/shim

Redpill indeed blocks the execution of several update scripts. 

https://github.com/RedPill-TTG/redpill-lkm/blob/master/shim/disable_exectutables.c

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 2

On 1/24/2022 at 11:59 PM, kami001 said:

I managed to run DS3615xs on BareMetal having my NIC recognised after having included all the Realtek extensions (r8169, r8168, r8152, r8125, r8101).

My hardware build:

Motherboard: Asus P8H61-I LX

CPU: Intel i3 3245

Hi Kami! Could you please explain me how to add Realtek extension? Thank you very much!

Hello, I followed the instructions for TinyCore. I need to use the Broadwell version (it's the only one working). 

The disksation say I have problems with HDD (4, 6) and sata port are disconnected. Someone has this problem before?

I have 4 disks plugged in directly trought the motherboard and 1 disk via an extra SATA PCi card.

Thanks

image_2022-02-17_082530.png

19 minutes ago, rafoloru said:

Hello, I followed the instructions for TinyCore. I need to use the Broadwell version (it's the only one working). 

The disksation say I have problems with HDD (4, 6) and sata port are disconnected. Someone has this problem before?

I have 4 disks plugged in directly trought the motherboard and 1 disk via an extra SATA PCi card.

Thanks

image_2022-02-17_082530.png

Which sata card?

1 minute ago, rafoloru said:

I just tried to unplug the card and it's the same problem. 

For the extensions, I run the command ./rploader.sh ext broadwell-7.0.1-4228 auto but maybe I need to add it manually?

you should see what devices are founded and if there are extensions related to 

il y a 2 minutes, Aigor a dit :

you should see what devices are founded and if there are extensions related to 

Found SATA Controller : pciid 8086d00003b22  Required Extension : ahci
Searching for matching extension for ahci
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe there's no extension...

1 minute ago, rafoloru said:

Found SATA Controller : pciid 8086d00003b22  Required Extension : ahci
Searching for matching extension for ahci
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe there's no extension...

AHCI is already included in vanilla modules.

il y a 7 minutes, pocopico a dit :

This error is 100% related to wrong SataPortMap & DiskIdxMap. You can try different settings. While at grub edit the boot line and on the linux line add the following : SataPortMap=188 DiskIdxMap=0F0008

Ok I changed the value, but now I have errors with disks (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 )

I can try diffenrent settings, but I don,t really know what to put there haha

Hello,

I tried to build ds918p ds3615xs ds3617xs loaders on my baremetal. For all these loaders, the machine was stuck at "Booting the kernel", but failed to be found by Synology Assistant and find.synology.com. I have no idea about what's happening.

Here's some information about my machine.

Baremetal: Lenovo IdeaPad Y400 Laptop

CPU: Intel Core i5 3230M

Ethernet adapter: Qualcomm Atheros AR8161

During building, I observed the output and it seemed that the alx extension had been correctly added.

BTW, I have installed ds3615xs img of 6.2.3.25423u3 with Jun's loader successfully on this machine.

Could you please help with this problem and tell me what to do for debugging? Thanks very much! If any additional information could help, I am glad to provide it.

Edited by ArcherTatsu

15 minutes ago, Aigor said:

Is there a sort of math formula to know the meaning of these parameters? 

I understand that:

• sataportmap is the number of the disk that each disk controller of the server/computer accept.
  • diskldxmap is the in what numeric position start to enumerate the disk on each controller

in the example before sataportmap=888 disklidxmap=00080f  I think the meaning is that there are 3 disk controller each disk controller can manage 8 disk each one. The first disk of the first controller start in the position 0, the second disk controller the first disk start in the position 8 and the third disk controller in the position 16.

maybe I'm wrong but I think this is how it's works.

There are some comments about it in the forum.

• Like 1

il y a 37 minutes, pocopico a dit :

Try SataPortMap=888 DiskIdxMap=00080f

I got now error on disk 4, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.

il y a 9 minutes, haydibe a dit :

In addition to @jarugut's post, you might want to do into this blog posthttps://gugucomputing.wordpress.com/2018/11/11/experiment-on-sata_args-in-grub-cfg/

I'm gonna do some reading, but if @pocopico have an other values to try, I'll take it haha