XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

18 hours ago, painkiller895 said:

what's your port maping ???    I'm getting no drives found I'm using a R320 with a H710, I guess we have to crossflash them to IT mode. Maybe ? I sent to get one already flashed and will try to see what happens...

My H710 is already crossflashed, but I get the same results as @Dvalin21.  I get to 56% and I get the error that the file is corrupt.  Some interesting things...

- My drives are not in any kind of array.  Xpenology has direct access to them

- After crossflashing my card, it shows up as an LSI card, not megaraid

- I am not using any extra modules

- If I wipe the drives and try to install, it sees my SAS drives connected to the H710, so I don't think it's a driver issue

- The 3617xs gets me to about 56% then fails, while the 3615xs does not see any drives attached.

- I get the sane results regardless of using SATA or SAS drives.

If you guys are interested in crossflashing your cards, There is an easy to follow method that I've used to flash IT mode, go back to stock, and flash IT mode again.  The link is below (if that's allowed).  Just make sure you verify your card model and follow the appropriate link for it in the instructions.  Hopefully we can get this working soon.  

https://fohdeesha.com/docs/perc.html

Thank you for this work, super easy.

Everything works fine with DS918+ and DS3615x with Proxmox 7.

I have a problem with DS3617x:
During the first installation and at the time of the first restart, it goes into recovery mode?

I've done it several times but always the same result.

Should it be compiled differently?

Thank you very much

3 hours ago, Totoro said:

Thank you for this work, super easy.

Everything works fine with DS918+ and DS3615x with Proxmox 7.

I have a problem with DS3617x:
During the first installation and at the time of the first restart, it goes into recovery mode?

I've done it several times but always the same result.

Should it be compiled differently?

Thank you very much

(1)Temporarily block the Internet access before first installation,
(2)disable automatic update after getting into DSM.

(3)Lift Internet access blocking.

just want to share my experience with an old HP Microserver N36L. I successfully installed a DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 2 using the DS3615xs (I have only 4 bay of course). Boot with an USB disk and boom! It works flawlessly :)

Thanks for this incredible job!!!

- latest bios

- boot on the internal usb

- 4 disk (WD Green, 2TB)

- 8 GB Ram

- two ethernet (and one is also WOL capable!)

Edited by macmino
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, danellis12561 said:

My H710 is already crossflashed, but I get the same results as @Dvalin21.  I get to 56% and I get the error that the file is corrupt.  Some interesting things...

- My drives are not in any kind of array.  Xpenology has direct access to them

- After crossflashing my card, it shows up as an LSI card, not megaraid

- I am not using any extra modules

- If I wipe the drives and try to install, it sees my SAS drives connected to the H710, so I don't think it's a driver issue

- The 3617xs gets me to about 56% then fails, while the 3615xs does not see any drives attached.

- I get the sane results regardless of using SATA or SAS drives.

If you guys are interested in crossflashing your cards, There is an easy to follow method that I've used to flash IT mode, go back to stock, and flash IT mode again.  The link is below (if that's allowed).  Just make sure you verify your card model and follow the appropriate link for it in the instructions.  Hopefully we can get this working soon.  

https://fohdeesha.com/docs/perc.html

Are you booting in USB mode ? Check you PID and VID make sure they are correct...

6 minutes ago, synoxpe said:

Anyone got Notifications to work? When I go to Notifications > Push Service, I always get the error message below, although DSFinder is working great on iOS otherwise.

Screenshot 2022-02-09 at 13.50.23.png

You need real sn and mac. I was looking into a docker machine that picks up some mails and send them by pushover messages. 
https://github.com/YoRyan/smtp-translator

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pehun said:

Oh, sorry, thanks

Actually, to be totally honest.

There were already a DSM 6 installed on disks.

But I choosed to ignore it and install DSM7 as new (only keep data)

Once DSM7 was installed, the old disk volumes and storage was there and available.

I deleted everything and recreated fresh volumes and storage group.

Edited by Orphée
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 7:21 AM, jarugut said:

First of all great job Pocopico, the tinycore works perfectly to be able to generate the new boot loader option.

I've a QNAP working with Apollake DSM 7.0 perfectly with previous redpill loader. Currently I'm trying to use your new bootloader with DSM 6.2.4 Apollake, the first installation works fine and the nas run perfectly.

The problem comes when I tried to apply the Update 3 of version 6.2.4, the system reboot normally the nas after the installation but in the  boot always the nas enter in migration mode in bucle, repair, boot migration mode, ...

Do you have some information about it? I've tried to find some new configuration for the global_config.json without luck, at the end the version is the same 6.2.4-25556

Thank you for your help.

wow I would like to know more about this as I thought QNAP was a lost cause and could not be updated or anything

Sorry to join the bandwagon of asking for help in a thread that should be development-focused.

Is anybody using RedPill TinyCore as a virtual machine through Virt-Manager/Libvirt ?

I can't succeed in installing the .pat file on first boot. Infamous error at 56 %.

I built TinyCore based on Apollolake 7.0.1-42218.

I updated user_config.json with the values from haydibe first page post and simply changed the serial number and mac address.

I added acpid extension then built.

No red errors.

tinycore-redpill.v0.4.4.img configured as a usb device.

When booting I both tried USB and SATA boot.

I tried creating the vm as uefi based then also as bios based vm, always as a q35 chipset machine. Same results.

(BTW: when first booting tinycore as uefi to create "image" it was not booting, I was brought to efi "console" and had to cd into dirs to finally boot core.efi)

I also added to the vm a virtual disk of 10 GB.

When faced with the error at 56%, I connected to the vm with telnet.

fsdisk results when booting as uefi based:

DiskStation> fdisk -l
Disk /dev/sdh: 10 GB, 10737418240 bytes, 20971520 sectors
1305 cylinders, 255 heads, 63 sectors/track
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes

Device  Boot StartCHS    EndCHS        StartLBA     EndLBA    Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/sdh1    0,32,33     310,37,47         2048    4982527    4980480 2431M fd Linux raid autodetect
/dev/sdh2    310,37,48   571,58,63      4982528    9176831    4194304 2048M fd Linux raid autodetect
Disk /dev/md0: 2431 MB, 2549940224 bytes, 4980352 sectors
622544 cylinders, 2 heads, 4 sectors/track

Disk /dev/md0 doesn't contain a valid partition table
Disk /dev/md1: 2047 MB, 2147418112 bytes, 4194176 sectors
524272 cylinders, 2 heads, 4 sectors/track

Disk /dev/md1 doesn't contain a valid partition table

Logs when booting as bios based:

DiskStation> [  125.397657] md1: detected capacity change from 2147418112 to 0
[  125.398386] md: md1: set sdh2 to auto_remap [0]
[  125.398928] md: md1 stopped.
[  125.399353] md: unbind<sdh2>
[  125.405037] md: export_rdev(sdh2)
[  128.443213] md: bind<sdh1>
[  128.444195] md/raid1:md0: active with 1 out of 16 mirrors
[  128.445431] md0: detected capacity change from 0 to 2549940224
[  131.458293] md: bind<sdh2>
[  131.459524] md/raid1:md1: active with 1 out of 16 mirrors
[  131.460842] md1: detected capacity change from 0 to 2147418112
[  131.749896] EXT4-fs (md0): couldn't mount as ext3 due to feature incompatibilities
[  131.752160] EXT4-fs (md0): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[  132.084506] EXT4-fs (md0): couldn't mount as ext3 due to feature incompatibilities

(Yeah sorry I forgot to get both outputs for each booting)

Any idea of what's wrong?

Thank you!