XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

Does anybody know hot to run hw transcoding on DS918+ system?

I have baremetal installation DSM 7.1 and cpu i5 8400.

And also have no some thumbnails generated for video files in Photo & DS video station in logs I have seen such error "

System failed to convert video [/volume2/photo/test/00063.MTS] to mpeg4."

5 minutes ago, Alekc said:

Does anybody know hot to run hw transcoding on DS918+ system?

I have baremetal installation DSM 7.1 and cpu i5 8400.

And also have no some thumbnails generated for video files in Photo & DS video station in logs I have seen such error "

System failed to convert video [/volume2/photo/test/00063.MTS] to mpeg4."

I don’t know how relevant it is to your situation but in 7.1 synology changed the way codecs are downloaded and tied them to a user account and I think a real serial number. It could be the cause of your error 

• Like 1

4 минуты назад, cferra сказал:

I don’t know how relevant it is to your situation but in 7.1 synology changed the way codecs are downloaded and tied them to a user account and I think a real serial number. It could be the cause of your error 

You are right! But I've got the same behaviour in dsm 7.0.1 too. How can I change sn & mac in installed system? Just to change it in file user_config.json?

1 minute ago, Alekc said:

You are right! But I've got the same behaviour in dsm 7.0.1 too. How can I change sn & mac in installed system? Just to change it in file user_config.json?

You should be able to and then do a recompile of the loader / I’m not sure how that process might change now with all the postupdate stuff 

Edited by cferra

35 минут назад, cferra сказал:

You should be able to and then do a recompile of the loader / I’m not sure how that process might change now with all the postupdate stuff 

Thank you! Hw acceleration works now too.

Just to share my experience i've changed sn & mac in conf file then built image and backup data as in usual installation process.

24 minutes ago, Alekc said:

Thank you! Hw acceleration works now too.

Just to share my experience i've changed sn & mac in conf file then built image and backup data as in usual installation process.

Were you able to install advanced media extensions? I am running 7.1 with real sn mac, and even signed into my synology acct, nas is listed, but I can not activate advanced media extensions! :(

My serial was not done by serialgen, it is actual real box serial and mac.

Good News = Success Story as Peter would say....

I started my install with Intel SR2 10gb card and it got stuck at the end of ten minutes."something has gone wrong." 

So I changed in the Mellanox 544+QSFP Adapter and finished the install. Setting up users etc

The automatic extensions are working great!

broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 bare metal

lspci -v

01:00.0 Network controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27520 Family [ConnectX-3 Pro]
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company InfiniBand FDR/Ethernet 10Gb/40Gb 2-port 544+QSFP Adapter
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
        Memory at f7400000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
        Memory at f4000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
        Expansion ROM at f7300000 [disabled] [size=1M]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: mlx4_core

lspci -v

06:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS3008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-3 (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Super Micro Computer Inc Device 0808
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
        I/O ports at b000 [size=256]
        Memory at f7240000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Memory at f7200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
        Expansion ROM at f7100000 [disabled] [size=1M]
        Capabilities: <access denied>

Kernel driver in use: mpt3sas

I can know see all of drives I connected to LSI SAS 3008 HBA . the sata scsi script works properly

https://imgur.com/a/xiqAe56

Ports

2 sata 6gb ports - Micron 5100 attached

4 sata 3gb ports - None Attached

Lsi SAS2 2308 8 ports - None Attached

LSI SAS3008  8 ports  - 3 ssd Attached and 3 hdd Attached

Great work.......

@totikk @Dreadnought

were you able to fix the issue where it says "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found." issue and then turns off?
i have 3 qnap boxes and the other 2 works fine for TSU 7.1, fresh install;

atom 525 does not work, i3-2120 works fine. not sure if related to AES but as per intel site: Intel® AES New Instructions = NO for both proc.
atom 525 works with 7.0.1; i will try to do upgrade from 7.0.1 to 7.1 some time.

cc @pocopico for some ideas. :)

5 hours ago, pocopico said:

if you don’t have nvidia GPU you have to comment out some files. Also if you run this on older CPU there is another thing you need to comment

Hi POCOPICO. Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this project, much appreciated. I really enjoy using DSM for small stuff. :)

I use this on Proxmox and I have been able to get DS3615xs bromolow-7.0.1-42218 working fine :). Sadly I am not able to update to the 7.1 nor have I been able to get DS3622xs+ working. Is this an issue with my hardware or my options? I would just like to get to 7.1 at least in DS3615xs... I have seeing your advice about the GPU. I have not passthrough my GPU to proxmox; would that be the reason I can get DS3622xs+ working correctly?

Is there any advice to upgrade my current working DS3615xs bromolow-7.0.1-42218 to 7.1.0?

Il y a 3 heures, NotHere a dit :

Hi POCOPICO. Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this project, much appreciated. I really enjoy using DSM for small stuff. :)

I use this on Proxmox and I have been able to get DS3615xs bromolow-7.0.1-42218 working fine :). Sadly I am not able to update to the 7.1 nor have I been able to get DS3622xs+ working. Is this an issue with my hardware or my options? I would just like to get to 7.1 at least in DS3615xs... I have seeing your advice about the GPU. I have not passthrough my GPU to proxmox; would that be the reason I can get DS3622xs+ working correctly?

Is there any advice to upgrade my current working DS3615xs bromolow-7.0.1-42218 to 7.1.0?

Hello guy yesterday i finaly installed DS3622xs+ on my proxmox  but you need to use Intel e1000 as network card look my command ive used  on tiny core:

[DS3622xs+]

sudo su 

./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

./rploader.sh serialgen DS3622xs+

./rploader.sh identifyusb now

./rploader.sh satamap now

sudo ./rploader.sh  ext broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/e1000/rpext-index.json

./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218

./rploader.sh backup now

Screenshot_20220413-073038_Chrome.jpg

7 hours ago, pocopico said:

Which extension is failing ? 

I do not know. How can I watch it? I didn't add more extension.
I made a new VM on proxmox with vmware lan, and:
update
fullupgrade
serialgen DS920 +
satamap
change mac address
backup
build geminilake-7.0.1-42218

It start, and show me that error

Maybe you know, why dont find any hdd 920+ on 7.1?

Edited by RedCat

6 hours ago, sam juan said:

@totikk @Dreadnought

were you able to fix the issue where it says "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found." issue and then turns off?
i have 3 qnap boxes and the other 2 works fine for TSU 7.1, fresh install;

atom 525 does not work, i3-2120 works fine. not sure if related to AES but as per intel site: Intel® AES New Instructions = NO for both proc.
atom 525 works with 7.0.1; i will try to do upgrade from 7.0.1 to 7.1 some time.

cc @pocopico for some ideas. :)

These are the shutdown fixes i've founs so far. In older CPUs you need to comment out the following :

cat  /lib/modules-load.d/70-crypto-kernel.conf
cbc
md5
cts
ansi_cprng
des_generic
authenc
aes-x86_64
ecb
sha256_generic
cryptd
# crc32c-intel
arc4

/lib/modules-load.d/70-cpufreq-kernel.conf
cpufreq_stats
processor
# acpi-cpufreq
cpufreq_performance
cpufreq_powersave

To do so, i suggest you do the following. While at GRUB select your boot option and press 'e' at the end of the linux line add force_junior. If you have the redpill-install you can then use the ttyd that is started on junior mode. Open your browser and point to http://<youripaddress>:7681 user is root. The edit the files and reboot.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 10:31 AM, lws8964 said:

Anybody who can post fresh install guide! 
many thanks🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

I uploaded the full version guide for dsm 7.1 installation below as a new topic in the tutorial just now and I am waiting for approval.
You will be able to read it after it is approved.

• Like 1

These are the shutdown fixes i've founs so far. In older CPUs you need to comment out the following :

cat  /lib/modules-load.d/70-crypto-kernel.conf
cbc
md5
cts
ansi_cprng
des_generic
authenc
aes-x86_64
ecb
sha256_generic
cryptd
# crc32c-intel
arc4

cpufreq_stats
processor
# acpi-cpufreq
cpufreq_performance
cpufreq_powersave

To do so, i suggest you do the following. While at GRUB select your boot option and press 'e' at the end of the linux line add force_junior. If you have the redpill-install you can then use the ttyd that is started on junior mode. Open your browser and point to http://:7681 user is root. The edit the files and reboot.

Does misc disable the crc32c for 3622? What functionality does that disable by commenting that particular feature out, do you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, petr_z said:

on vmware platform with dva3221 also does not fix.

You need to comment these files, process i suggest is the same. To do so, i suggest you do the following. While at GRUB select your boot option and press 'e' at the end of the linux line add force_junior. If you have the redpill-install you can then use the ttyd that is started on junior mode. Open your browser and point to http://<youripaddress>:7681 user is root. The edit the files and reboot.

Fix the acpi systemd issue otherwise DSM will shutdown on access

for people NOT having an NVIDIA card the following sould also be performed otherwise DSM will shutdown on access

Remove both lines on : /lib/modules-load.d/70-syno-nvidia-gpu.conf

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cferra said:

Does misc disable the crc32c for 3622? What functionality does that disable by commenting that particular feature out, do you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No redpill-misc will only solve the acpi issue.  

As for the crc32c-intel.ko it expects SSE4.2. So if your CPU is missing SSE4_2 then the loading of that module will fail.

sh-4.4# insmod /lib/modules/crc32c-intel.ko
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/crc32c-intel.ko: No such device

From the following post i've found, it looks like it will be used for BTRFS hardware accelaration, *MAYBE* encryption ? But anyway BTRFS is working fine on a test box with crc32c-intel disabled.

Digging a little deeper it turns out my processor supports only SSE4.1 and not SSE4.2 instruction set, which is where hardware acceleration for CRC32 operations is performed. Problem solved.

Looks to me that 'libcrc32c.ko' does the check on hardware availability and pulls in the appropriate driver (crc32c-intel.ko or crc32c_generic) falling back to the generic/software driver.

Edited by pocopico
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RedCat said:

I try to install under proxmox 920+ with 7.1.0. Loader is booting, find.synology.com find the 920+. I click connect, the next screen is: Dont detect hard drive in DS920+.

918 and 3622xs works for me under proxmox with 7.1

What is wrong?

920.JPG

If the auto patching of the model.dtb is not working for you, you need to manually patch the file and put it inside the redpill-dtb extension.

• Thanks 1