XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

On 7/18/2022 at 9:04 PM, RedCat said:

Yes, hot plug is enabledin the bios, 4 hdd work perfectly. I disconnected the 5th hdd, but the systen don't boot.

I think, i did big mistake with the new loader creation.

We forget the 5th hdd, first we try to fix the boot process.

Thank you!

Before you decide on next steps, you need to recover the 7.1 U3 rd.gz.  PM me for more.

Hi everyone.

I want to update the current system, which is below
  - Loader: I use redpill loader 0.4.6
  - System :DS920+ geminilake 7.1-42661  U1

I want to switch from this to update3. How can I safely update to Update 3?

Update with the currently used flash drive as follows:

./rploader.sh update now
./rploader.sh fullupgrade
./rploader.sh postupdate geminilake-7.1.0-42661

I made a "test Pendrive" (other 32GB-os pendive) so that the live system wouldn't have any problems, but unfortunately the installation stopped with 2 errors

I did this step by step:
I copied tinycore-redpill-uefi.v0.8.0.0.img or tinycore-redpill.v0.8.0.0.img to a pendrive and booted it. I issued the following commands on SSH:

./rploader.sh update now
./rploader.sh fullupgrade now
./rploader.sh serialgen DS920+
./rploader.sh identifyusb now
./rploader.sh build geminilake-7.1.0-42661

I get the following error message:
  - failed to download PATH file
  - or ramdisk error

How can I safely upgrade from U1 to U3?
Since I didn't change the version, can I just browse the U3 Path file?

Thank you for your help.

• Like 1

Try rebuilding the loader with these commands:

./rploader.sh clean
./rploader.sh update
./rploader.sh fullupgrade                                                                                   
./rploader.sh serialgen DS918+ realmac
./rploader.sh identifyusb
./rploader.sh satamap
./rploader.sh backup
./rploader.sh build apollolake-7.1.0-42661

Then reboot. You should get a "Migratable" prompt if you didn't use your real mac to build the loader.                                                                                                                                                                                          

On 7/6/2022 at 9:42 PM, drobik said:

Hello, @pocopico

First of all, many tanks to you for work! 
I have installed DSM 7.1 DS3622+ on my PC, everything works fine, but I have the error in update section (see attached file).
The same situation when i try to log into advanced media extension. Looks like this is not connection to synology servers, but i have the real s\n and quickconnect is working.
I think somewhere in bootloader it is blocked, but for example for DS918+ no this problem.

Can you please help and give a right direction to make some change and get it working.

Thank you in advance.

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

Finally I have figured out this issue. I have real s\n and quickconnect works fine, but AME didn't work. The problem was I put only 1 mac in user_config for model ds3622xs. It must be at least 2 mac and netif_num=2 parameter (if you put 2 macs). I just edited grub.conf on my boot usb and problem disappeared. I hope this information helps someone.

• Like 4

Hello! I'd like to install a baremetal build on an HP Pavilion x360 convertable 14-ba103ur ultrabook with an 8th gen Intel I5 processor, 6 GB RAM, a 128 GB M.2 SSD, and a WD Blue 1 Tb hard drive. As a LAN card, I use a TP-Link UE300 USB 3.0 adapter based on the Realtek 8156 chip. When the bootloader is formed with the ./rploader.sh satamap command, a message appears suggesting adding 3 sata drives, and an inscription appears that 1 bad port. In fact, I have 2 devices: an M.2 SSD and a WD Blue 1 tb drive, I choose 2 sata. However, after the formation of the bootloader and loading in the USB way (the first menu item, loading by default), the system reboots and this happens cyclically - an endless reboot. I tried both 1 sata and 3 sata in the satamap command, but this does not help. The assembly was made to download an ultrabook as a DVA1622. Help me please! Thank you!

Screenshot_2022-07-19-20-41-43-89_3d419158bad5872c40592a6c9956e692.jpg

1 hour ago, sandro_66 said:

Hello! I'd like to install a baremetal build on an HP Pavilion x360 convertable 14-ba103ur ultrabook with an 8th gen Intel I5 processor, 6 GB RAM, a 128 GB M.2 SSD, and a WD Blue 1 Tb hard drive. As a LAN card, I use a TP-Link UE300 USB 3.0 adapter based on the Realtek 8156 chip. When the bootloader is formed with the ./rploader.sh satamap command, a message appears suggesting adding 3 sata drives, and an inscription appears that 1 bad port. In fact, I have 2 devices: an M.2 SSD and a WD Blue 1 tb drive, I choose 2 sata. However, after the formation of the bootloader and loading in the USB way (the first menu item, loading by default), the system reboots and this happens cyclically - an endless reboot. I tried both 1 sata and 3 sata in the satamap command, but this does not help. The assembly was made to download an ultrabook as a DVA1622. Help me please! Thank you!

Screenshot_2022-07-19-20-41-43-89_3d419158bad5872c40592a6c9956e692.jpg

Please download TCRP 0.9 and try again. Satamap is not required for dva1622.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2022 at 2:37 AM, sandro_66 said:

The assembly was made to download an ultrabook as a DVA1622. Help me please! Thank you!

The DVA1622 image does not use satamap... It uses DeviceTree... You may need to make a custom DeviceTree file for your laptop. You might want to try ARPL as it will build the file for you (Sorry @pocopico - your loader is still awesome!)

Also, DMS has issues with M.2 SSDs that share a port with the SATA controller on the motherboard. You may need to either disable the M.2 in bios (f possible) or remove the SSD to get DMS to run.

The DVA1622 DMS image has drives for an Nvidia GTX 1650 graphics card. The Geforce 940 in your system may be causing a kernel panic and the reboot. You should be able to disable the Nvidia card in bios to eliminate that possibility (DMS can't use it anyway).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, D_G_B said:

The DVA1622 image does not use satamap... It uses DeviceTree... You may need to make a custom DeviceTree file for your laptop. You might want to try ARPL as it will build the file for you (Sorry @pocopico - your loader is still awesome!)

Also, DMS has issues with M.2 SSDs that share a port with the SATA controller on the motherboard. You may need to either disable the M.2 in bios (f possible) or remove the SSD to get DMS to run.

The DVA1622 DMS image has drives for an Nvidia GTX 1650 graphics card. The Geforce 940 in your system may be causing a kernel panic and the reboot. You should be able to disable the Nvidia card in bios to eliminate that possibility (DMS can't use it anyway).

The same dtbpatch by fbelavenito is used on TCRP 0.9 and on platforms that it’s required. 

Nevertheless, I agree that fbelavenuto has done a great work with his loader. All efforts towards a better loader are welcome. 

• Like 1

when doing ./rploader.sh fullupgrade now;
i am getting below error
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: certificate is not yet valid
More details her: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html
curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not establish a secure connection ... blah.. blah

appreciate any help.. :)

@pocopico 

5 minutes ago, sam juan said:

when doing ./rploader.sh fullupgrade now;
i am getting below error
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: certificate is not yet valid
More details her: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html
curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not establish a secure connection ... blah.. blah

appreciate any help.. :)

@pocopico 

Your system date is wrong. Check your bios for date and time 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am also having a satamap issue trying to get tinycore set up to migrate my primary NAS. Here are my specs:

ASRock H97M-ITX/ac motherboard, with 5 onboard SATA ports (I have another SATA card for a 6th drive)

Intel i3 cpu

6x hdd's of varying sizes

It works great with DSM 6.x using Jun's bootloader. I tested the migration process on my NUC - which went perfectly and runs great over a week later. Here is the error I am getting on my primary NAS:

tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh satamap now
Found "00:1f.2 Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family SATA Controller [AHCI Mode]"
Detected 6 ports/5 drives. Bad ports: 6. Override # of ports or ENTER to accept <6> ^C
tc@box:~$

I have tried enabling hotplug in the BIOS for each sata port, I've tried running this command with just one test drive and then again with all my primary drives connected, etc. I think I need to manually tackle this at this point but don't really understand how to generate the right information - help?

On 7/21/2022 at 6:36 AM, CiViCKiDD said:

I am also having a satamap issue trying to get tinycore set up to migrate my primary NAS. Here are my specs:

ASRock H97M-ITX/ac motherboard, with 5 onboard SATA ports (I have another SATA card for a 6th drive)

Intel i3 cpu

6x hdd's of varying sizes

It works great with DSM 6.x using Jun's bootloader. I tested the migration process on my NUC - which went perfectly and runs great over a week later. Here is the error I am getting on my primary NAS:

tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh satamap now
Found "00:1f.2 Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family SATA Controller [AHCI Mode]"
Detected 6 ports/5 drives. Bad ports: 6. Override # of ports or ENTER to accept <6> ^C
tc@box:~$

I have tried enabling hotplug in the BIOS for each sata port, I've tried running this command with just one test drive and then again with all my primary drives connected, etc. I think I need to manually tackle this at this point but don't really understand how to generate the right information - help?

Which platform are you using ? i have added a patch for disabled ports for DS3615xs,DS3617xs,DS3622xs+,DS918+ it should work regargless of the message in satamap.

6 hours ago, pocopico said:

Which platform are you using ? i have added a patch for disabled ports for DS3615xs,DS3617xs,DS3622xs+,DS918+ it should work regargless of the message in satamap.

I was using the DS918+ platform on Jun / DSM 6.x, and figured I would keep it simple and use the same DS918+ / apollolake platform (latest release) with DSM 7.x. I used the update / fullupgrade arguments up front, I'll use it again before retrying, are you saying I can just ignore the bad ports message, build the loader, and give migration a shot - or is there something special I need to do to use this patch?

Thank you so much! 

Question for anyone, 

Im still on U1, everything is working fine. I dont remember seeing a security update requirement on U2 or U3. Do I really need to update? I mean if its not broke don't fix it right? Im running a few docker images, vm in synology, and plex....thats it.