Jump to content
XPEnology Community

RedPill Tinycore loader


pocopico

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, PaulEvo said:

Hello all,

 

Hope someone can help me with  the right DiskIdxMap and SataPortMap. I made a loader for a 3615xs and 3622xs+ and both show that no disks are found. TC suggests DiskIdxMap = 2 and SataPortMap = 22. The motherboard is an Asus P8H61-I-LX-R2 with an i5-2500. The codes for the drive controllers are 00:1f.2 (8086:1c00) and 00:1f.5 (8086:1c08). Tried a lot of combinations for the mapping, changed BIOS settings for sata like AHCI and IDE, but no luck. What can I do, any ideas ?

 

Regards, Paul

 

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8H61-I_LX_R2.0/E7989_P8H61-I_LX_R2.pdf
If you look at page 31 of this manual, it says that hot plug and ahci are possible.
Be sure to enable both options.
This will help with disk not being found related to sataportmap.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hello i try to update to DSM 7.1 but i need 

 

  • redpill-virtio
  • redpill-load

if i try add 

 


./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-virtio/rpext-index.json
./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json

 

and build with 

 

./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661

 

 

got this error

[#] Checking runtime for required tools... [OK]
[#] Adding new extension from https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json...
[#] Downloading remote file https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/_new_ext_index.tmp_json
########################################################################################################################################################################################## 100.0%
[OK]
[#] ========================================== jumkey.acpid2 ==========================================
[#] Extension name: ACPI Daemon v2
[#] Description: ACPI Daemon v2 that handles power button events
[#] To get help visit: https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid
[#] Extension preparer/packer: https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid
[#] Software author: https://sourceforge.net/projects/acpid2/
[#] Update URL: https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json
[#] Platforms supported: ds1621p_42218 ds918p_41890 ds3617xs_42218 ds920p_42661 ds918p_25556 ds3622xsp_42218 ds2422p_42218 ds3615xs_41222 ds3615xs_25556 ds920p_42218 ds918p_42218 ds3615xs_42218
[#] =======================================================================================

tc@box:~$ vi user_config.json

[#] Extension thethorgroup.virtio index is already up to date
[#] Updating thethorgroup.virtio extension... [OK]
[#] Checking runtime for required tools... [OK]
[#] Updating ds3622xsp_42661 platforms extensions...
[-] The extension jumkey.acpid2 was found. However, the extension index has no recipe for ds3622xsp_42661 platform. It may not be
[-] supported on that platform, or author didn't updated it for that platform yet. You can try running
[-] "ext-manager.sh update" to refresh indexes for all extensions manually. Below are the currently known information about
[-] the extension stored locally:
[#] ========================================== jumkey.acpid2 ==========================================
[#] Extension name: ACPI Daemon v2
[#] Description: ACPI Daemon v2 that handles power button events
[#] To get help visit: https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid
[#] Extension preparer/packer: https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid
[#] Software author: https://sourceforge.net/projects/acpid2/
[#] Update URL: https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json
[#] Platforms supported: ds1621p_42218 ds918p_41890 ds3617xs_42218 ds920p_42661 ds918p_25556 ds3622xsp_42218 ds2422p_42218 ds3615xs_41222 ds3615xs_25556 ds920p_42218 ds918p_42218 ds3615xs_42218
[#] =======================================================================================


[-] Failed to update recipe for jumkey.acpid2 extension for platform ds3622xsp_42661. The script will terminate as you do not
[-] have previously downloaded recipe which can be used if download fails. Try again later. If problem
[-] persists contact the extension packer for support (displayed below)
[#] ========================================== jumkey.acpid2 ==========================================
[#] Extension name: ACPI Daemon v2
[#] Description: ACPI Daemon v2 that handles power button events
[#] To get help visit: https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid
[#] Extension preparer/packer: https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid
[#] Software author: https://sourceforge.net/projects/acpid2/
[#] Update URL: https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json
[#] Platforms supported: ds1621p_42218 ds918p_41890 ds3617xs_42218 ds920p_42661 ds918p_25556 ds3622xsp_42218 ds2422p_42218 ds3615xs_41222 ds3615xs_25556 ds920p_42218 ds918p_42218 ds3615xs_42218
[#] =======================================================================================

[!] Cannot continue due to previous errors (see above)

*** Process will exit ***
[!] Failed to update all extensions for ds3622xsp_42661 platform - see errors above

*** Process will exit ***
FAILED : Loader creation failed check the output for any errors

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by LaBoss
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LaBoss said:


./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-virtio/rpext-index.json
./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/jumkey/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json

 

 

Change both to 

./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-virtio/rpext-index.json
./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, PaulEvo said:

Very learnful for me, thanks again for the information. Btw this board was a replacement for a Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI. This Gigabyte works well with DSM 7 but the bios get's corrupted every reboot. See below. It's on Proxmox now, working well but I preferred baremetal.

 

 

 

I am currently using the same board.
For now, it's XPE for backup, what exactly is the problem?
It is very difficult to follow and read all those posts.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

 

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8H61-I_LX_R2.0/E7989_P8H61-I_LX_R2.pdf
If you look at page 31 of this manual, it says that hot plug and ahci are possible.
Be sure to enable both options.
This will help with disk not being found related to sataportmap.

Thanks Peter. Did a test after enabling hot plug but no luck yet. Will do some more tests with different mapping settings.

Regards, Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PaulEvo said:

Thanks Peter. Did a test after enabling hot plug but no luck yet. Will do some more tests with different mapping settings.

Regards, Paul

 

My favorite setup so far is to physically install only one disk in sata port 1 and set sataportmap=1 to succeed from dsm installation.
After success, increase the disk and sataportmap.
Have you tried this method?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi 

On a Gen8 i saw this also bios reset after reboot i can select user default and the bios will reset to user defaults 😆

Maybe you have also this setting on the other hand i have also en asush87iplus MB and there was sometimes a Bios Reset with MBR Loader 1.03 but with Redpill or Tinycore all is working fine thank you again pocopico 🤩

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, PaulEvo said:

Very learnful for me, thanks again for the information. Btw this board was a replacement for a Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI. This Gigabyte works well with DSM 7 but the bios get's corrupted every reboot. See below. It's on Proxmox now, working well but I preferred baremetal.

 

 

 

I searched all the way through that topic.
The model mentioned in this topic is the GA-H87M-HD3.
It is different from the model we have.
Just because the models are similar, it cannot be concluded that the same phenomenon will occur.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

 

I searched all the way through that topic.
The model mentioned in this topic is the GA-H87M-HD3.
It is different from the model we have.
Just because the models are similar, it cannot be concluded that the same phenomenon will occur.

Hello Peter,

interesting, this bios reset was the only explanation I could think of. I tried a lot with this Gigabyte board. Reflash bios, replacement of the battery, different usb key. A different loader. Still at every reboot the system halted because of corruption. It's in Proxmox now and no problems at all. Do you have the same board running baremetal without this corruption issue at reboot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PaulEvo said:

Hello Peter,

interesting, this bios reset was the only explanation I could think of. I tried a lot with this Gigabyte board. Reflash bios, replacement of the battery, different usb key. A different loader. Still at every reboot the system halted because of corruption. It's in Proxmox now and no problems at all. Do you have the same board running baremetal without this corruption issue at reboot?

 

 

I mentioned this in the post below today.
The GA-H87N-WIFI has been my main XPE for a long time. It's a DS918+ that hasn't been updated to DSM7 yet, but one of the SHR disks installed in the HBA gets corrupted in the system partition very occasionally.
I do not know the exact cause, but it seems that this phenomenon mainly occurs in low-cost ripper disks.
Of course it's bare metal and there were no serious errors as you mentioned.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

 

 

I mentioned this in the post below today.
The GA-H87N-WIFI has been my main XPE for a long time. It's a DS918+ that hasn't been updated to DSM7 yet, but one of the SHR disks installed in the HBA gets corrupted in the system partition very occasionally.
I do not know the exact cause, but it seems that this phenomenon mainly occurs in low-cost ripper disks.
Of course it's bare metal and there were no serious errors as you mentioned.

 

Thanks for this clarification. Perhaps it's in my case related to the DSM7 loader. I didn't tests with DSM6

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2022 at 1:59 PM, Peter Suh said:

 

@pocopico

I'm sorry. I certainly didn't mention baremetal
@Al lex, isn't that baremetal?
The patch you mentioned is for VM only, right?
I just built DS918+ using 0.7.0.7 version with HBA, and as captured, the problem I knew continues even now.
Is it possible to repair the part of the HBA that can't find the uuid like in the log?

 

585861434_2022-05-118_52_59.thumb.png.c67c5f9d2db8e9413e1f3ab1473d913b.png

 

  junior log (Reveal hidden contents)

DiskStation> cat linuxrc.syno.log

START /linuxrc.syno.impl

Insert basic USB modules...

:: Loading module usb-common ... [  OK  ]

:: Loading module usbcore ... [  OK  ]

:: Loading module xhci-hcd ... [  OK  ]

:: Loading module xhci-pci ... [  OK  ]

:: Loading module usb-storage ... [  OK  ]

:: Loading kernel modules from extensions ...

Loading kmod #0 "e1000e.ko" for pocopico.e1000e (args: )

Loading kmod #0 "raid_class.ko" for pocopico.mpt3sas (args: )

Loading kmod #1 "scsi_transport_sas.ko" for pocopico.mpt3sas (args: )

Loading kmod #2 "mpt3sas.ko" for pocopico.mpt3sas (args: )

:: Loading kernel modules from extensions ... [  OK  ]

:: Executing "on_boot" custom scripts ...

Running "check-e1000e.sh" for pocopico.e1000e->on_boot

Loading module e1000e -> Module e1000e loaded succesfully

Ran "check-e1000e.sh" for pocopico.e1000e->on_boot - exit=0

Running "check-mpt3sas.sh" for pocopico.mpt3sas->on_boot

Loading module mpt3sas -> Module mpt3sas loaded succesfully

Ran "check-mpt3sas.sh" for pocopico.mpt3sas->on_boot - exit=0

Running "boot-wait.sh" for redpill-boot-wait->on_boot

Still waiting for boot device (waited 1 of 30 seconds)

Still waiting for boot device (waited 2 of 30 seconds)

Still waiting for boot device (waited 3 of 30 seconds)

Still waiting for boot device (waited 4 of 30 seconds)

Still waiting for boot device (waited 5 of 30 seconds)

Still waiting for boot device (waited 6 of 30 seconds)

Confirmed a valid-looking /dev/synoboot device

Ran "boot-wait.sh" for redpill-boot-wait->on_boot - exit=0

Running "install_rd.sh" for redpill-misc->on_boot

Starting ttyd, listening on port: 7681

Ran "install_rd.sh" for redpill-misc->on_boot - exit=0

:: Executing "on_boot" custom scripts ... [  OK  ]

Extensions processed

Insert net driver(Mindspeed only)...

Starting /usr/syno/bin/synocfgen...

/usr/syno/bin/synocfgen returns 0

Insert synorbd kernel module

Insert synofsbd kernel module

Insert sha256 kernel module

Assemble args: -u 2051472f:f71136d6:3017a5a8:c86610be /dev/sda1 /dev/sde1 /dev/sdf1

mdadm: /dev/sde1 has wrong uuid.

mdadm: /dev/sdf1 has wrong uuid.

mdadm: /dev/md0 has been started with 1 drive (out of 16).

Partition Version=9

/sbin/e2fsck exists, checking /dev/md0...

e2fsck 1.44.1 (24-Mar-2018)

/sbin/e2fsck -yvf returns 0

Mounting /dev/md0 /tmpRoot

------------upgrade

Begin upgrade procedure

Failed to found any patch

No upgrade file found

============upgrade

------------bootup-smallupdate

Failed to AssertFileKeyValueEqual

  value1: /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf:unique -> synology_apollolake_918+

  value2: /tmpRoot/etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf:unique => synology_v1000_1621+

Skip bootup smallupdate, because root is not matched to junior

============bootup-smallupdate

Failed to AssertFileKeyValueEqual

  value1: /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf:unique -> synology_apollolake_918+

  value2: /tmpRoot/etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf:unique => synology_v1000_1621+

Exit on error [7] root not matched with junior...

Wed May 11 11:43:42 UTC 2022

/dev/md0 /tmpRoot ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered

 

 

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 May 11 11:43 sda -> ../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata1/host0/target0:0:0/0:0:0:0/block/sda

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 May 11 11:43 sde -> ../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:00.0/host4/port-4:0/end_device-4:0/target4:0:0/4:0:0:0/block/sde

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 May 11 11:43 sdf -> ../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:00.0/host4/port-4:1/end_device-4:1/target4:0:1/4:0:1:0/block/sdf

 

Sorry for the late answer. It is really baremetal. When I try to monitor DSM 7.1 with zabbix over SNMP I really get the same data for all oids of different HDDS, it worked ok for DSM 6 and Syno didn't change much in SNMP. As you can see the only HDD that gets real value is sda which is connected directly to sata, all other hdds are connected to LSI HBA and get the same value

image.thumb.png.0125f9dd619b868c6cd3c27a5bcdd69b.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got mine working too, my first try on tinycore as I was still on DSM 6.2.

7.1 42661 DS918+ on Proxmox, using real SN/Mac from the 918+ from the office, compiled with VirtIO

 

Went with passthrough for the SATA controller as the other VMs are only using NVMe

 

Just wondering if we can get RAM Ballooning driver working ? As it's kind of useless to see the VM using 3GB+ of memory when it barely uses 400MB for now (not reinstalled any package yet)

Tried to search the forum for it, but apart from some logs that mentions the balloon driver, nothing really clear.

Any clue ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2022 at 7:35 PM, flyride said:

First THANKS!

Second, why did SHR not work this time? This was not the first 3622 build I made, previous builds let me select SHR... This time only RAID modes???

BTW I had to change the .conf in both /etc and /etc.defaults.... I know this because I changed /etc first, reboot, and still no SHR... then I changed /etc.defaults and rebooted, and then I had SHR 🤗🖖

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, pocopico said:

 

Change both to 

./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-virtio/rpext-index.json
./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json

 

Thanks for fast reply, works like a charm thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2022 at 3:31 AM, flyride said:

With DS920+, if the second drive was not physically present in the machine when you built the loader, it probably won't be recognized.  I just posted some contextual information in the Tutorials section here: https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/61634-dsm-7x-loaders-and-platforms/

 

You can try to rebuild the DS920+ loader with both drives connected, or you can go back to DS918+.  The rebuild is probably a better choice for you so that you don't deal with the difficulty of backrevving.

 

On 5/12/2022 at 12:38 PM, pocopico said:

 

If the dtb was not patched correclty by rploader then your next best option would be to manual patch the model.dtb

 

The process is not that difficult but its a two step process.

 

Boot DSM and login with ssh or by http://<yourip>:7681 if you are in junior mode and provide the following info 

 

 

fdisk -l

ls /sys/block

cat /sys/block/*/device/*block*info

 

Thanks you guys. You are great.

I have decided to give DS918+ another try, or more like 10 tries to be correct.

 

I finally manged to install DS918 with "SataPortMap": "1" and only one disk inside. I made a fresh install on a cleaned drive and will move my data around and configure stuff later on.

Later I build a loader again with "SataPortMap": "4" and it boots now and detects other drives. I moved back the drive from DS920+ install with data on and it recovered the pool with no problems.

Still one drive to move from DS3615xs later but I belive it will go without problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trying to isntall 3622xs+ on proxmox using the below steps:

 

create the guest:

# set vm id
id=930
ver=0.4.6

# create image directory, download and uncomporess
mkdir -p /var/lib/vz/images/${id}
curl --location https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/raw/main/tinycore-redpill.v${ver}.img.gz --output /var/lib/vz/images/${id}/tinycore-redpill.img.gz
gzip --decompress /var/lib/vz/images/${id}/tinycore-redpill.img.gz --keep

# create disk for sata0
pvesm alloc local-lvm ${id} vm-${id}-disk-0 100G

# create vm
qm create ${id} \
  --args "-drive 'if=none,id=synoboot,format=raw,file=/var/lib/vz/images/${id}/tinycore-redpill.img' -device 'qemu-xhci,addr=0x18' -device 'usb-storage,drive=synoboot,bootindex=5'" \
  --cores 2 \
  --cpu host \
  --machine q35 \
  --memory 2048 \
  --name DSM \


  
install tcrp:

./rploader.sh update now
./rploader.sh fullupgrade now
./rploader.sh serialgen DS3622xs+
./rploader.sh identifyusb now
./rploader.sh satamap now
./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218
./rploader.sh clean now
./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-virtio/rpext-index.json
./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json
./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661

 

GRUB shows:

    RedPill DS3622xs v7.1.0-42661 Beta (USB, Verbose)
*    RedPill DS3622xs v7.1.0-42661 Beta (SATA, Verbose)
    TinyCore ...


    
Afterwards when I go to the web page I see:
Welcome!
Set up your Synology DS3622xs+ now
I click on Install and it prompts me for a pat file
So I select and install the pat downloaded from synology and I get error: Failed to install the file is probably corrupt

 

Questions:
1. What is the difference in GRUB between the USB and SATA entries?
2. Are these the right steps to install on proxmox?
3. Why is it asking to install a pat file when it seems that tcrp is downloading that file already for me?

4. and of course, how to fix the error
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, everyone.
I am trying to install DSM 7.1 on bare metal with the help of this guide:


But I seem to be stuck on this screen:

893549598_.thumb.png.595bb0556658da24151709770ab12c42.png
Don't really know what to do... I tried to figure out how to maybe fix it through the previous pages here, but without success
Motherboard model: asrock h91m-plus
The SATA controller supports up to 6 ports but the board has 4 ports and all ports are connected with HDDs
What to do?
And another question when I make a change in user_config.json I need to do build again to save it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@howudodat for prox : do this in the Gui. upload the .img into vz/dump.

vm i440fx/seabios/2cor-4g/Virtioscsi default/ Sata0:22g min /sata1: bootloaderpil.46

 sata 1 is assign via 1 cli cmd.  qimport vmid ...bootloaderpill.img

nothing usb. no touch to args.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question about network :   with an ethernet card passthroug to a vm in esxi.. i think i'm missing something. While i did install the proper driver during the build, like for a 3622 and 3617. The card do not show up in the info center and neither in the network interface.
 Do i have to add an extra line in the user_config.json as :  for the 3617 having max 4mac, putting "mac5": "001xxrandom",  will automaticaly map the 10g card to the mac5 ?

 i try this just by booting and setting with ,e, option, but it don't show up.


A previous test with an usbnic show with the above that can work.. but with an network card .. not sure here.


Also Thanks for all great packages !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, howudodat said:

Questions:
1. What is the difference in GRUB between the USB and SATA entries?
2. Are these the right steps to install on proxmox?
3. Why is it asking to install a pat file when it seems that tcrp is downloading that file already for me?

4. and of course, how to fix the error
 

 

- Grub USB is to support a USB key for boot, or an emulated USB key image if desired when virtualized.

- SATA USB is a disk image specifically for VMware as there is no way to emulate a USB key or boot from it.  I don't know if it works on Proxmox.

- PAT file needs to be downloaded by the loader in order to create the loader.  DSM install also needs to use the PAT file.  You can download the necessary pat files and host locally, and push to TCRP install if you don't like pulling it from the internet repeatedly.

- See answer #2, you probably need to emulate or use a physical USB key.  Look for folks that have installed on proxmox.

 

Documentation on this will improve.  I'm working on a general installation document and a VMware addendum. Typically others pitch in with variants for the other hypervisors.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have tried with both emulating a usb drive:

-args "-drive 'if=none,id=synoboot,format=raw,file=/var/lib/vz/images/${id}/tinycore-redpill.img' -device 'qemu-xhci,addr=0x18' -device 'usb-storage,drive=synoboot,bootindex=5'"

 and I  have tried by coping the img into sata 1:

sata0: local-lvm:vm-930-disk-0,size=100G
sata1: local-lvm:vm-930-disk-1,size=1G

 

both get an error from the web setup: at 43% Failed to install DSM, file is probably corrupted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, howudodat said:

I have tried with both emulating a usb drive:


-args "-drive 'if=none,id=synoboot,format=raw,file=/var/lib/vz/images/${id}/tinycore-redpill.img' -device 'qemu-xhci,addr=0x18' -device 'usb-storage,drive=synoboot,bootindex=5'"

 and I  have tried by coping the img into sata 1:


sata0: local-lvm:vm-930-disk-0,size=100G
sata1: local-lvm:vm-930-disk-1,size=1G

 

both get an error from the web setup: at 43% Failed to install DSM, file is probably corrupted

 

ok, if I stop at 7.0.1-42218 it installs fine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, howudodat said:

Trying to isntall 3622xs+ on proxmox using the below steps:

 

create the guest:


# set vm id
id=930
ver=0.4.6

# create image directory, download and uncomporess
mkdir -p /var/lib/vz/images/${id}
curl --location https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/raw/main/tinycore-redpill.v${ver}.img.gz --output /var/lib/vz/images/${id}/tinycore-redpill.img.gz
gzip --decompress /var/lib/vz/images/${id}/tinycore-redpill.img.gz --keep

# create disk for sata0
pvesm alloc local-lvm ${id} vm-${id}-disk-0 100G

# create vm
qm create ${id} \
  --args "-drive 'if=none,id=synoboot,format=raw,file=/var/lib/vz/images/${id}/tinycore-redpill.img' -device 'qemu-xhci,addr=0x18' -device 'usb-storage,drive=synoboot,bootindex=5'" \
  --cores 2 \
  --cpu host \
  --machine q35 \
  --memory 2048 \
  --name DSM \


  
install tcrp:


./rploader.sh update now
./rploader.sh fullupgrade now
./rploader.sh serialgen DS3622xs+
./rploader.sh identifyusb now
./rploader.sh satamap now
./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218
./rploader.sh clean now
./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-virtio/rpext-index.json
./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json
./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661

 

GRUB shows:


    RedPill DS3622xs v7.1.0-42661 Beta (USB, Verbose)
*    RedPill DS3622xs v7.1.0-42661 Beta (SATA, Verbose)
    TinyCore ...


    
Afterwards when I go to the web page I see:
Welcome!
Set up your Synology DS3622xs+ now
I click on Install and it prompts me for a pat file
So I select and install the pat downloaded from synology and I get error: Failed to install the file is probably corrupt

 

Questions:
1. What is the difference in GRUB between the USB and SATA entries?
2. Are these the right steps to install on proxmox?
3. Why is it asking to install a pat file when it seems that tcrp is downloading that file already for me?

4. and of course, how to fix the error
 

 

4 hours ago, flyride said:

 

- Grub USB is to support a USB key for boot, or an emulated USB key image if desired when virtualized.

- SATA USB is a disk image specifically for VMware as there is no way to emulate a USB key or boot from it.  I don't know if it works on Proxmox.

- PAT file needs to be downloaded by the loader in order to create the loader.  DSM install also needs to use the PAT file.  You can download the necessary pat files and host locally, and push to TCRP install if you don't like pulling it from the internet repeatedly.

- See answer #2, you probably need to emulate or use a physical USB key.  Look for folks that have installed on proxmox.

 

Documentation on this will improve.  I'm working on a general installation document and a VMware addendum. Typically others pitch in with variants for the other hypervisors.

I just posted a tutorial guide with step by step instructions and pictures on how to setup and install on Proxmox. The thread is waiting for approval from the moderators.

I actually did it side by side as I wrote it to verify each and every step. And it all worked 100%.. I will post the link, however I dont know how long it will be until its approved.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...