XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

6 minutes ago, sam juan said:

sorry i am still at lost; :D :P 
so for DS3622xs+, what should be the config.json looks like? sorry for spoon-feed. ;)

The config has been fixed for update1. The manual edit was just an idea on how to overcome this obstacle in the future. 

that’s the final working config 

https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/blob/develop/config/DS3622xs%2B/7.1.0-42661/config.json

to find the sha256sum of a file you can execute on TCRP

sha256sum <filename>

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sam juan said:

sorry i am still at lost; :D :P 
so for DS3622xs+, what should be the config.json looks like? sorry for spoon-feed. ;)

After finding the value of sha256sum
You can edit the config.json in this location and change it.
To prevent the redfill-load folder from being deleted
Use of ./rploader.sh clean now should be noted.
And, even when using mshell, you must use the noclean option to prevent the edited content from disappearing.

2129098446_2022-05-091_11_17.thumb.png.c15f4b74bd707db19babb6e710dffb54.png

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Thanks 1

For those who want to modify the config.json file themselves,

7.1.0-42661 Share the sha256sum of update1 nanopack pat.

@pocopico This is not a problem, is it?

TARGET_REVISION="42661"                                                                                      

if [ "${MODEL}" = "DS918+" ]; then                                                                       
        TARGET_PLATFORM="apollolake"                                                                         
        SYNOMODEL="ds918p_$TARGET_REVISION"                                                                  
        sha256="4e8a9d82a8a1fde5af9a934391080b7bf6b91811d9583acb73b90fb6577e22d7"                            
    elif [ "${MODEL}" = "DS3615xs" ]; then                                                                   
        TARGET_PLATFORM="bromolow"                                                                           
        SYNOMODEL="ds3615xs_$TARGET_REVISION"                                                                
        sha256="1e95d8c63981bcf42ea2eaedfbc7acc4248ff16d129344453b7479953f9ad145"                            
    elif [ "${MODEL}" = "DS3617xs" ]; then                                                                   
        TARGET_PLATFORM="broadwell"                                                                          
        SYNOMODEL="ds3617xs_$TARGET_REVISION"                                                                
        sha256="0a5a243109098587569ab4153923f30025419740fb07d0ea856b06917247ab5c"                            
    elif [ "${MODEL}" = "DS3622xs+" ]; then                                                                  
        TARGET_PLATFORM="broadwellnk"                                                                        
        SYNOMODEL="ds3622xsp_$TARGET_REVISION"                                                               
        sha256="53d0a4f1667288b6e890c4fdc48422557ff26ea8a2caede0955c5f45b560cccd"                            
    elif [ "${MODEL}" = "DS1621+" ]; then                                                                    
        TARGET_PLATFORM="v1000"                                                                              
        SYNOMODEL="ds1621p_$TARGET_REVISION"                                                                 
        sha256="381077302a89398a9fb5ec516217578d6f33b0219fe95135e80fd93cddbf88c4"                            
    elif [ "${MODEL}" = "DVA3221" ]; then                                                                    
        TARGET_PLATFORM="denverton"                                                                          
        SYNOMODEL="dva3221_$TARGET_REVISION"                                                                 
        sha256="ed3207db40b7bac4d96411378558193b7747ebe88f0fc9c26c59c0b5c688c359"                            
    elif [ "${MODEL}" = "DS920+" ]; then                                                                     
        TARGET_PLATFORM="geminilake"                                                                         
        SYNOMODEL="ds920p_$TARGET_REVISION"                                                                  
        sha256="8076950fdad2ca58ea9b91a12584b9262830fe627794a0c4fc5861f819095261"                            
    else                                                                                                     
        echo "Synology model not supported by TCRP."                                                         
        exit 0                                                                                               
    fi  

On 4/24/2022 at 12:25 AM, dodo-dk said:

ACPID works with ds3622 and ds3617 (and probably ds3615) with Proxmox only when you load the button.ko module.

I have included the button.ko in pocopicos acpid for ds3622 here: 

./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dodo-dk/rp-ext/main/acpid/rpext-index.json

One important thing, the acpid service doesn't work on first boot after install of DSM. After you set your User Account and Password, you need to restart DSM from DSM menu. After this the ACPID works over Proxmox.

For ds918 acpid works with pocopicos acpid. But here the same, not on first boot.

You can check over ssh with ls -l /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/. On first boot there is no acpid.service, after second boot it is and then it works.

Hello dodo-dk

I'm in a DMS 7.0.1 installation with the model DS3615xs, it's possible to add the button.ko module and acpid service without having to compile the loader again?. If yes could you explain how to?

Thanks!

[NOTICE]

The ext, r8152, of the RealTek USB-type NIC has been replaced with the stable bb-qq's r8152.ko.

Normal use is now available.

Both 1GB and 2.5GB speed NICs are supported.

Currently, all six models except the DS1621+ have been tested successfully.
(The V1000 platform, DS1621+, is not yet on the repo of bb-qq.)

The test of the 2.5GB product was helped by @dolbycat.

Before building m-shell or just before building to TC rploader.sh

Please add the ext shared below first.

Since r8152 is not automatically added, there is no need to worry about duplicate generation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

./rploader.sh ext apollolake-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/master/r8152/rpext-index.json

./rploader.sh ext bromolow-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/master/r8152/rpext-index.json

./rploader.sh ext broadwell-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/master/r8152/rpext-index.json

./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/master/r8152/rpext-index.json

./rploader.sh ext denverton-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/master/r8152/rpext-index.json

./rploader.sh ext geminilake-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/master/r8152/rpext-index.json

Edited by Peter Suh

57 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

[NOTICE]

The ext, r8152, of the RealTek USB-type NIC has been replaced with the stable bb-qq's r8152.ko.

Normal use is now available.

Both 1GB and 2.5GB speed NICs are supported.

Currently, all six models except the DS1621+ have been tested successfully.
(The V1000 platform, DS1621+, is not yet on the repo of bb-qq.)

The test of the 2.5GB product was helped by @dolbycat.

Before building m-shell or just before building to TC rploader.sh

Please add the ext shared below first.

Since r8152 is not automatically added, there is no need to worry about duplicate generation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

./rploader.sh ext apollolake-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/master/r8152/rpext-index.json

./rploader.sh ext bromolow-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/master/r8152/rpext-index.json

./rploader.sh ext broadwell-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/master/r8152/rpext-index.json

./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/master/r8152/rpext-index.json

./rploader.sh ext denverton-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/master/r8152/rpext-index.json

./rploader.sh ext geminilake-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PeterSuh-Q3/rp-ext/master/r8152/rpext-index.json

The rp-ext repo of pocopico also just finished.

I want to use the pocopico one rather than my ext.

5 hours ago, Hemin said:

Hello dodo-dk

I'm in a DMS 7.0.1 installation with the model DS3615xs, it's possible to add the button.ko module and acpid service without having to compile the loader again?. If yes could you explain how to?

Thanks!

I'm afraid there is no other option at the moment, you will have to update the loader.

14 hours ago, flyride said:

Has anyone been able to get an install of DS920+ up and running under ESXi/SATABoot?  If so, please post details.

I have tested on VMware Workstation, i expect that to work on ESXi as well. The process is more or less the same as physical

1.     Download the TCRP vmdk from REPO.

2.     Create a Virtual machine with at least 2GB RAM

3.     Attach the VMDK to SATA0:0

4.     Data Disks to SATA1:0….X

5.     Boot to tinycore

6.     Perform a rploader.sh upgrade : ./rploader.sh update now

7.     Perform a full upgrade : ./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

8.     Generate a serial : ./rploader.sh serialgen DS920+

9.     Edit user_config.json : make sure SataPortMap=1 or leave default "58"

10.  Check contents of user_config.json : cat user_config.json

11.  Identify required modules and add extensions : ./rploader.sh listmods geminilake-7.1.0-42661

12.  Build loader : ./rploader.sh build geminilake-7.1.0-42661

Hi all, I am in the process of installing DSM3622xs+(7.0.1-42218) on my proxmox server. And the problem i am having is with getting satamap, diskidx, etc. set correctly for my server. I usually can turn off sata in bios, when setting up bare metal, and my 12 disk will align correctly.(this is actually a 24port card, Adaptec-72405) In this case I cannot as I am using sata ssd to boot proxmox. I know how to edit the user config json when in tiny core loader mode. I also know how to directly change internal config in synoinfo.conf files as well as user config.json. What I need to know is how to change the satamap while loaded in to DSM7mode, via ssh. I normally would mount synoboot1, but seems with tiny core, the satamap is not in the grub.cfg file. Any guidance would be appreciated, because it is really time consuming having to keep switching between tinycore mode and dsm mode to make these changes and then see the results.

Edited by g4sho
Clarification

6 minutes ago, g4sho said:

Hi all, I am in the process of installing DSM3622xs+(7.0.1-42218) on my proxmox server. And the problem i am having is with getting satamap, diskidx, etc. set correctly for my server. I usually can turn off sata in bios, when setting up bare metal, and my 12 disk will align correctly.(this is actually a 24port card, Adaptec-72405) In this case I cannot as I am using sata ssd to boot proxmox. I know how to edit the user config json when in tiny core loader mode. I also know how to directly change internal config in synoinfo.conf files as well as user config.json. What I need to know is how to change the satamap while loaded in to DSM7mode, via ssh. I normally would mount synoboot1, but seems with tiny core, the satamap is not in the grub.cfg file. Any guidance would be appreciated, because it is really time consuming having to keep switching between tinycore mode and dsm mode to make these changes and then see the results.

While on DSM with ssh :

cd /dev/

mount synoboot1 /mnt

vi /mnt/boot/grub/grub.cfg

umount /mnt

• Like 1

I completed a controlled test across all Redpill supported DSM7 platforms.

DS920+, DS1621+ and DVA3221 do not create disk devices in /dev (either /dev/sd or /dev/sata) when booting under ESXi 7.0c with SATABOOT.

EDIT: DVA3221 is functional, but it does not display a serial console login (swapped UARTs?)

EDIT: This is probably not a SATABOOT problem, but the dts mapping challenge compounded by the unusual way ESXi sequences multiple virtual SATA controllers.

Edited by flyride

On 4/5/2022 at 4:54 PM, leopold said:

What does this line do?  Does this do the same as the "disable_mtrr_trim" from Jun's loader, by any chance?

Sorry for the delayed response. I don't know what the command does. I am trying everything to see how I can get more drives to show up.

I have a problem with SMART SNMP oids on DSM 7

I wonder if my LSI SAS 9217 is a problem, or DS918+ is not apropriate, but all smart oids give info of the only exact HDD which is connected to SATA, meanwhile I also have 7 more HDDS connected  to LSI and they all give the same info.

Does anyone had the same problem?

My config is: Asrock H310M + i9100F + LSI9217-8i+DSM7.1 DS918+

4 hours ago, pocopico said:

While on DSM with ssh :

cd /dev/

mount synoboot1 /mnt

vi /mnt/boot/grub/grub.cfg

umount /mnt

Thanks alot Pocopico, got it installed on proxmox. But here is the next problem, which is weird to me. i am trying to install second instance of 3622xs to a duplicate vm in proxmox(same drivers, etc for both), but on the 2nd installation, I am in a never ending boot loop. I bootup, start the install, install finishes without error, it reboots back up and can be seen on the network, but status is not installed. Looking at the console over serial port, I don't see any error messages that are apparent that would give a clue to what is happening with the second install, as i duplicated the actions of my first install which was sucessful. Any thoughts?  Here is attachment showing boot sequence.

bootupLoopSequence.txt.txt

Edited by g4sho
added attachment

1 hour ago, g4sho said:

Thanks alot Pocopico, got it installed on proxmox. But here is the next problem, which is weird to me. i am trying to install second instance of 3622xs to a duplicate vm in proxmox(same drivers, etc for both), but on the 2nd installation, I am in a never ending boot loop. I bootup, start the install, install finishes without error, it reboots back up and can be seen on the network, but status is not installed. Looking at the console over serial port, I don't see any error messages that are apparent that would give a clue to what is happening with the second install, as i duplicated the actions of my first install which was sucessful. Any thoughts?  Here is attachment showing boot sequence.

bootupLoopSequence.txt.txt 113.72 kB · 0 downloads

when you get the next install request, just login through the serial console and provide the following 

cat /var/log/junior*
cat /var/log/linux*

3 hours ago, g4sho said:

Here are the results of both commands.

resultsofCatCommands.txt 1.11 kB · 2 downloads

@pocopico It looks like your ixgbe driver was causing the issue, because it could not load dca.ko and exited with code 99. I deliberately left off 10gbe port from vm config to see if this was the cause and machine came up ready after loading. i will investigate more because this same driver is being used in a duplicate vm on same hardware, i can only think that i must have somehow not config 10gbe port in vm till after initial install was complete, I will try that now to see if that works. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Edited by g4sho
Clarification

4 hours ago, g4sho said:

@pocopico It looks like your ixgbe driver was causing the issue, because it could not load dca.ko and exited with code 99. I deliberately left off 10gbe port from vm config to see if this was the cause and machine came up ready after loading. i will investigate more because this same driver is being used in a duplicate vm on same hardware, i can only think that i must have somehow not config 10gbe port in vm till after initial install was complete, I will try that now to see if that works. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

The overlapping dependencies issue has been fixed on my redpill-load repo. Are you using the develop branch of the pocopico repo in your custom_config.json ? 

Edited by pocopico

13 hours ago, Al lex said:

I have a problem with SMART SNMP oids on DSM 7

I wonder if my LSI SAS 9217 is a problem, or DS918+ is not apropriate, but all smart oids give info of the only exact HDD which is connected to SATA, meanwhile I also have 7 more HDDS connected  to LSI and they all give the same info.

Does anyone had the same problem?

My config is: Asrock H310M + i9100F + LSI9217-8i+DSM7.1 DS918+

I think it would be better to understand if you could attach a capture
Currently, there is a problem that when only DS918+ is used with LSI among XPENOLOGY platforms, the SN of HDD cannot be expressed through SMART.
I don't know if all LSIs are like that
The Dell Perc H200, H310, 9211-4i I have are all the same phenomenon.
Is it right to talk about this now?

1 hour ago, Peter Suh said:

I think it would be better to understand if you could attach a capture
Currently, there is a problem that when only DS918+ is used with LSI among XPENOLOGY platforms, the SN of HDD cannot be expressed through SMART.
I don't know if all LSIs are like that
The Dell Perc H200, H310, 9211-4i I have are all the same phenomenon.
Is it right to talk about this now?

Have you seen the bolow ? The patch has been implemented in my redpill-lkm repo and the precompiled static redpill modules all include the patch after April 10.  So if you have used TCRP to build your loader after April 10 then the modules include @alienman smart patch.

2 hours ago, pocopico said:

Have you seen the bolow ? The patch has been implemented in my redpill-lkm repo and the precompiled static redpill modules all include the patch after April 10.  So if you have used TCRP to build your loader after April 10 then the modules include @alienman smart patch.

@pocopico

I'm sorry. I certainly didn't mention baremetal
@Al lex, isn't that baremetal?
The patch you mentioned is for VM only, right?
I just built DS918+ using 0.7.0.7 version with HBA, and as captured, the problem I knew continues even now.
Is it possible to repair the part of the HBA that can't find the uuid like in the log?

585861434_2022-05-118_52_59.thumb.png.c67c5f9d2db8e9413e1f3ab1473d913b.png

Spoiler

DiskStation> cat linuxrc.syno.log

START /linuxrc.syno.impl

Insert basic USB modules...

:: Loading module usb-common ... [  OK  ]

:: Loading module usbcore ... [  OK  ]

:: Loading module xhci-hcd ... [  OK  ]

:: Loading module xhci-pci ... [  OK  ]

:: Loading module usb-storage ... [  OK  ]

:: Loading kernel modules from extensions ...

Loading kmod #0 "e1000e.ko" for pocopico.e1000e (args: )

Loading kmod #0 "raid_class.ko" for pocopico.mpt3sas (args: )

Loading kmod #1 "scsi_transport_sas.ko" for pocopico.mpt3sas (args: )

Loading kmod #2 "mpt3sas.ko" for pocopico.mpt3sas (args: )

:: Loading kernel modules from extensions ... [  OK  ]

:: Executing "on_boot" custom scripts ...

Running "check-e1000e.sh" for pocopico.e1000e->on_boot

Loading module e1000e -> Module e1000e loaded succesfully

Ran "check-e1000e.sh" for pocopico.e1000e->on_boot - exit=0

Running "check-mpt3sas.sh" for pocopico.mpt3sas->on_boot

Loading module mpt3sas -> Module mpt3sas loaded succesfully

Ran "check-mpt3sas.sh" for pocopico.mpt3sas->on_boot - exit=0

Running "boot-wait.sh" for redpill-boot-wait->on_boot

Still waiting for boot device (waited 1 of 30 seconds)

Still waiting for boot device (waited 2 of 30 seconds)

Still waiting for boot device (waited 3 of 30 seconds)

Still waiting for boot device (waited 4 of 30 seconds)

Still waiting for boot device (waited 5 of 30 seconds)

Still waiting for boot device (waited 6 of 30 seconds)

Confirmed a valid-looking /dev/synoboot device

Ran "boot-wait.sh" for redpill-boot-wait->on_boot - exit=0

Running "install_rd.sh" for redpill-misc->on_boot

Starting ttyd, listening on port: 7681

Ran "install_rd.sh" for redpill-misc->on_boot - exit=0

:: Executing "on_boot" custom scripts ... [  OK  ]

Extensions processed

Insert net driver(Mindspeed only)...

Starting /usr/syno/bin/synocfgen...

/usr/syno/bin/synocfgen returns 0

Insert synorbd kernel module

Insert synofsbd kernel module

Insert sha256 kernel module

Assemble args: -u 2051472f:f71136d6:3017a5a8:c86610be /dev/sda1 /dev/sde1 /dev/sdf1

mdadm: /dev/sde1 has wrong uuid.

mdadm: /dev/sdf1 has wrong uuid.

mdadm: /dev/md0 has been started with 1 drive (out of 16).

Partition Version=9

/sbin/e2fsck exists, checking /dev/md0...

e2fsck 1.44.1 (24-Mar-2018)

/sbin/e2fsck -yvf returns 0

Mounting /dev/md0 /tmpRoot

------------upgrade

Begin upgrade procedure

Failed to found any patch

No upgrade file found

============upgrade

------------bootup-smallupdate

Failed to AssertFileKeyValueEqual

value1: /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf:unique -> synology_apollolake_918+

value2: /tmpRoot/etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf:unique => synology_v1000_1621+

Skip bootup smallupdate, because root is not matched to junior

============bootup-smallupdate

Failed to AssertFileKeyValueEqual

value1: /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf:unique -> synology_apollolake_918+

value2: /tmpRoot/etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf:unique => synology_v1000_1621+

Exit on error [7] root not matched with junior...

Wed May 11 11:43:42 UTC 2022

/dev/md0 /tmpRoot ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 May 11 11:43 sda -> ../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata1/host0/target0:0:0/0:0:0:0/block/sda

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 May 11 11:43 sde -> ../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:00.0/host4/port-4:0/end_device-4:0/target4:0:0/4:0:0:0/block/sde

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 May 11 11:43 sdf -> ../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:00.0/host4/port-4:1/end_device-4:1/target4:0:1/4:0:1:0/block/sdf

Edited by Peter Suh

The overlapping dependencies issue has been fixed on my redpill-load repo. Are you using the develop branch of the pocopico repo in your custom_config.json ? 

I will look but I have changed nothing in the boot loader., I am using the defaults that come with the latest tinycore build download. It looks like it is the developement branch if what I think I see is correct. But like I said this is what came default with the download as of yesterday. So do I need to edit this to say master branch?

customconfigjson.txt

Edited by g4sho
Clarification