XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

3 hours ago, pocopico said:

From the list it looks that you need bnx2x and tg3 extensions. I had a look at the 3617xs extension and it looks that the bnx2x might not satisfy all dependencies.  I will check and update.

Now it does not show up at all doing lsmod I cleared files and started from scratch with rebuild.

Edited by g4sho

13 minutes ago, pocopico said:

Sorry for asking but is this related to Tinycore Redpill ? If not, please delete and repost on another thread

This was my bad, there was a miscommunication during some PMs and I thought he tried RP but he was having issues on Jun's loader... apologies.

I am completely new in Xpnology. I have installed dsm 7.0.1 without any problem, but I think I made a mistake in choosing the NAS model. I have installed a ds3615xs which does not have support for nvme disks. Can I migrate to a ds918+ without losing data? What would be the best way? Thanks a lot

Edited by Miquelnet

3 minutes ago, Miquelnet said:

I am completely new in Xpnology. I have installed dsm 7.0.1 without any problem, but I think I made a mistake in choosing the NAS model. I have installed a ds3615xs which does not have support for nvme disks. Can I migrate to a ds918+ without losing data? What would be the best way? Thanks a lot

Yes you can, data is on a separate partition. Configuration files might be lost

Question for Pocopico...  I have a post in the Noob Lounge that "Haydibe" (and others) have been helping me with.  Haydibe suggested I ask you about support for these devices which are present on my old HP mobo.  

tc@box:~$ jq '.[][] | select(.name=="sata_nv")' < ~/modules.alias.json

tc@box:~$ jq '.[][] | select(.name=="pata_amd")' < ~/modules.alias.json

I have been able to build and boot a bromolow-7.0.1-42218 loader using all the automated scripts, however no drives are detected.  I have tried several combos of SataPortMap and DiskID entries without success.  Perhaps this mobo is just too old (2006 I believe).  I was trying to see if an AMD setup would work as that is what I have in production with DSM 6.2.3.

Ok, unlikely doubled, but its driving me Nuts...

TinyCore suggested me MPT3 for my SAS Control:
0000:04:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller [0107]: Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1000:0072] (rev 03)

But "no Disks attached" pop up if I boot the Stick. 3615XS image.

Anybody got a hint, what extension is needed for my HBA?

*sorry for posting here too, was already in main Thread*
I think your card is like mine. Try using megaraid instead.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, g4sho said:

I left it at the default setting of user_config.json which is SataPortMap": "58",
    "DiskIdxMap": "0A00" I have a 12 sas drive raid 10 on a 16 port card.

Hmm thats strange. I disabled the embedded sata controller on the motherboard since satamap was only seeing that. It doesn't map anything even though I have the right driver now for my sas card. Is there a manual way of figuring out Sataport and DiskIdxMap?  This could be the issue of why when trying to install the pat file it always fails and says that its possibly corrupt.

1 hour ago, Dvalin21 said:

Hmm thats strange. I disabled the embedded sata controller on the motherboard since satamap was only seeing that. It doesn't map anything even though I have the right driver now for my sas card. Is there a manual way of figuring out Sataport and DiskIdxMap?  This could be the issue of why when trying to install the pat file it always fails and says that its possibly corrupt.

@Dvalin21I don't think that is the cause, usually it is because the vid:pid of usb don't match. I did notice something when monitoring the 3617xs loading. It said something about expecting my vid:pid but was seeing another vid pid for the usb.I think there is a bug in the 3617xs code. try fdisk -l and see if you see sda1 sda2 and sda3. I used to have a thread saved that talked about configuring sata map. But from memory in the example of the default the 58 represents the port count one controller with 5 ports one controller with 8 ports. The 0A00 represents the two controllers port start position.(two digit hex number for each controller).  0A hex which is 10 and 00 hex which is 0. so that would mean the first five ports start at 10 and the 8 ports would start at 0. So total ports 0 thru 15 for a total of 16 ports. Like I said this is just from memory.

Another thought also did you download the pat file from the cache folder of tinypill or from synology website?

Edited by g4sho
Clarification

6 minutes ago, Dvalin21 said:

I downloaded it from the sitr

Sent from my SM-T878U using Tapatalk

@Dvalin21Not exactly sure what sitr is but after you build your loader in tiny core, it deposits the .pat file in the cache directory, and according to the instructions you are to download that to your computer and use it to install. There may be some patching that is done to the file to make it work, not sure.

Edited by g4sho
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, g4sho said:

@Dvalin21Not exactly sure what sitr is but after you build your loader in tiny core, it deposits the .pat file in the cache directory, and according to the instructions you are to download that to your computer and use it to install. There may be some patching that is done to the file to make it work, not sure.

Thanks. I think I've figured out the diskid. There 8 sata ports and the diskid is 08. I had on the embedded sata ports before and I would get sata 6 (of course there was six) and diskid was be 00. That would mean. If I had them both on the. Sata would be 68 and diskid would be 0008. I was looking at the lspci -v and the first two characters is the diskid. And then for the satamap just the number of sata ports. Also, I had to change the link that tinycore was using to download the pat file. It wasn't downloading when I did it. Either way I'll let you know if this works out. Thanks for the help

08:00.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon] (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Dell PERC H310 Adapter
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 15
    I/O ports at fc00 [size=256]
    Memory at dcffc000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Memory at dcf80000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
    Expansion ROM at dc000000 [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [68] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [d0] Vital Product Data
    Capabilities: [a8] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
    Capabilities: [c0] MSI-X: Enable- Count=15 Masked-
    Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
    Capabilities: [138] Power Budgeting 

Edited by Dvalin21
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dvalin21 said:

Thanks. I think I've figured out the diskid. There 8 sata ports and the diskid is 08. I had on the embedded sata ports before and I would get sata 6 (of course there was six) and diskid was be 00. That would mean. If I had them both on the. Sata would be 68 and diskid would be 0008. I was looking at the lspci -v and the first two characters is the diskid. And then for the satamap just the number of sata ports. Also, I had to change the link that tinycore was using to download the pat file. It wasn't downloading when I did it. Either way I'll let you know if this works out. Thanks for the help

08:00.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon] (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Dell PERC H310 Adapter
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 15
    I/O ports at fc00 [size=256]
    Memory at dcffc000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Memory at dcf80000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
    Expansion ROM at dc000000 [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [68] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [d0] Vital Product Data
    Capabilities: [a8] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
    Capabilities: [c0] MSI-X: Enable- Count=15 Masked-
    Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
    Capabilities: [138] Power Budgeting 

@Dvalin21 no problem. But just for clarification if you are referring to the 08 as in the 08:00.0 that usually is in reference to the pci address not the disk map Id as for as I can remember. So like slot 8, I could be wrong but that would be nothing new. lol But having the right .pat file could make all the difference in the world.

Edited by g4sho

48 minutes ago, g4sho said:

@Dvalin21 no problem. But just for clarification if you are referring to the 08 as in the 08:00.0 that usually is in reference to the pci address not the disk map Id as for as I can remember. So like slot 8, I could be wrong but that would be nothing new. lol But having the right .pat file could make all the difference in the world.

So I tried using the pat file that is saved in cache, still a no go.  You maybe right it might be a error with vid/pid. I have however verified that the vid/pid is correct. Oh well, Ill go back to ds3615xs for the time being. I did noticed that u2 has been added to the img.

9 minutes ago, Dvalin21 said:

So I tried using the pat file that is saved in cache, still a no go.  You maybe right it might be a error with vid/pid. I have however verified that the vid/pid is correct. Oh well, Ill go back to ds3615xs for the time being. I did noticed that u2 has been added to the img.

@Dvalin21@pocopico I am going to post what I saw so that @pocopicocan determine the root cause to two errors that show up when booting 3617xs. one is it finding a different vid:pid than what I put in and it expected. And a problem with the drivers for my broadcom nics it shows a driver error

20220116_213531.jpg

20220116_213546.jpg

• Like 2

This is probably the same issue I am having with the whole "reinstall loop" with TC D3617 builds

I can get TTGs build working with my own acpid repo which is fine, but it craps out when trying to update to u2. TC and TTG 918+ builds do not present with this issue and they update fine.

Another issue I am seeing as others with TC is the satamap's are all over the place. A base intall of DS3617 puts disk 1 as #11. TTG doesn't do this.

Edited by rok1
  • Like 1

Hey guys, not sure whats going on, but I know that before I was able to at least connect to xpenology although no drives would show up.  Now it wont connect. When i try to reboot back into the tinycore nothing is saved and I have to start all over. I run listmods and tg3 which is the driver for my nic card and it shows up in my router, but thats it.  Do I need to download the latest tinycore img?  Thanks

3 minutes ago, Dvalin21 said:

Hey guys, not sure whats going on, but I know that before I was able to at least connect to xpenology although no drives would show up.  Now it wont connect. When i try to reboot back into the tinycore nothing is saved and I have to start all over. I run listmods and tg3 which is the driver for my nic card and it shows up in my router, but thats it.  Do I need to download the latest tinycore img?  Thanks

Did you backup before rebooting with the image? 

./rploader.sh backup now

I have upgraded today and am now running Apollolake 7.0.1-42218. I have got Plex MS up and running and have repaired other packages that needed it. Python fails to update but I believe Python is an issue anyway in DSM7.

One thing that has happened is that I have lost the ability to connect to Sonarr, Radarr or NZBGet which I run via Docker.

(EDIT - I actually see these packages are available via the SynoCommunity repo so would I be better off just to stop the Docker containers and instead install the packages from SC?  I used to them ages ago but they weren't being regularyl updated which is why I decided to give Docker a go)

Has anyone else got these apps running in DSM7 and did you need to do anything specific for them post migration from 6.2.*

Great work pocopico as well, its a pretty seamless migration path when you get your head around it. Well done.

Edited by Franks4fingers
Added info re SynoCommunity packages for Sonarr, Radarr and NZBGet
  • Like 2