XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

On 5/12/2022 at 1:49 PM, pocopico said:

Change both to 

./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-virtio/rpext-index.json
./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json

I've added these to my Unraid setup, and everything works great, except for the shutdown/reboot commands etc. They're not doing anything I'm afraid.

Any idea what's missing here?

Hi, I want to try DSM using ASRock Q1900B-ITX but I find some issues.

When I boot into Tinycore-Redpill, it shows

nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout

It seems that startx is failed. Luckily, I can access via PuTTY.

Then, I use the scripts to edit the config and find that there are no SATA driver for

00:13.0 Intel Corporation Atom Processor E3800 Series SATA AHCI Controller (rev 0c)

How to solve the problem?

Quite a lot have change in 3 week. On the 14 may i can install redpill in esxi with Pcie LSI card. At the:  sudo ./rploader.sh satamap now   it was asking how many ports should be mapped, on the vmware Sata ctrl. with 1 drive connected (detected)
Then it continue directly the second question: how many ports should be mapped for this controller. : As being the LSI ctrl.

Now as on the 17jun and 18, the instal command don't ask this anymore for the LSI. By chance i screengrab the setting. As the only way is to enter this manually. to put : SataPortMap=148  DiskIdxMap=100004.

With the Lsi card, it cannot get a proper dhcp ip when the dsm first boot. Never found in the synoAssistant.

But when install with only sata 0 : redpill , sata 1:0 a new hdd and nothing else. it can install.

Then i try to edit file in /proc/cmdline  to mod the sataportmap and Disklxdxmap. And at boot i punch 'e' and also add there. And the lsi is show.

Don't know if it survive multiple reboot or a cold shutdown.

Also, for the update, by doing it give lot of error:

sudo ./rploader.sh update
sudo ./rploader.sh postupdate broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661

i got that :

remote: Total 1253 (delta 302), reused 284 (delta 283), pack-reused 928
Receiving objects: 100% (1253/1253), 469.84 KiB | 692.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (865/865), done.
Cloning into 'redpill-load'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 2028, done.
error: RPC failed; curl 56 OpenSSL SSL_read: Connection timed out
error: 6376 bytes of body are still expected
fetch-pack: unexpected disconnect while reading sideband packet
fatal: early EOF
fatal: fetch-pack: invalid index-pack output
Removing any old redpill.ko modules
Looking for redpill for : ds3622xsp_42661
Getting file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/redpill/releases/redpill-4.4.180plus-broadwellnk.tgz
Extracting module
Getting file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/redpill/src/check-redpill.sh
mv: cannot move '/home/tc/redpill.ko' to '/home/tc/redpill-load/ext/rp-lkm/redpill-linux-v4.4.180+.ko': No such file or directory
Creating temp ramdisk space
Mounting partition sda1}
Mounting partition sda2}
Extracting update ramdisk
unlzma: /mnt/sda2/rd.gz: Compressed data is corrupt
52176 blocks
Found Version : 7.1-42661-2
Do you want to use this for the loader ? [yY/nN] : y
Extracting redpill ramdisk

And in the folder i don't have the file listed here as :  exitcheck.sh
i simply reboot to normal mode and in dsm it show 7.1u2.  Is the ext driver install with 7.1u1 are still present, or the cleanup made in the first place to remove all ?

Dear friends

I have an HP Microserver Gen8, and after some info and questions here on the forum, I finally manage to install (through redpill) the various possible versions of NAS, I chose the 3622xs+, and the system is well installed and fluid, but apparently on this hardware, and this version, not all the sata ports are recognizable, with the exception of one + one sdd (placed in the fifth possible sata port dedicated to an ex cd player)

Could you guide me and or tell me how on this device I can have access to all SATA ports and consequently to all disks? 3 in total + SSD

I previously had xpenology version 6.2.4 (3617xs) and everything worked perfectly but in this new version of 7.1.0 (3622xs) it doesn't detect all disks automatically, maybe some adjustments can reverse/fix this situation but I'm not aware of how or what commands to use to achieve this end, can anybody help me ?

Thank you

Edited by noxios

@noxiosIt's a matter of extension. i have seen few post about that on gen8 and were working fine. look over github or dig among the thread (156page currently).  2 months ago i had a gen8 and all were detected when i install just to test out. But you better to put an lsi card as the hdd3-4 are not sata3.

I was able to install on bare metal a few months ago, since I tried to use TCRP to get 7.1 on clean install, can't find disks with the latest , same for esxi not sure what's going on with satamap , not complaining at all, just want to share my experience

Hi all,

I successfully installed a DS1621+ in Proxmox. This is with a e1000 network interface. With the e1000 interface I get a network status (1 Gbps full Duplex)

If I change the network interface to virtio I do not get a network status in DSM. 

I would like to go to virtio because it is faster than e1000 but I do need a network status to be able to build a High Availablity pair.

I built the 1621 using myv.sh and added several network drivers like e1000, rtl8169 (because my mobo has a realtek LAN interface),v9fs.

Is there another virtio driver available for DS1621+ that does give a network status in Proxmox? If so where can I find it?

18 hours ago, neonflx said:

I was able to install on bare metal a few months ago, since I tried to use TCRP to get 7.1 on clean install, can't find disks with the latest , same for esxi not sure what's going on with satamap , not complaining at all, just want to share my experience

I've you're referring to getting the 3622XS working and finding the disks attached to a HBA, I had a similar issue recently and after hours of troubleshooting, I ended up installing with 3617XS and it worked on the first attempt.  I had two primary issues with the 3622XS.

1. The network adapter I was using, an Intel X540 was detected in TCRP and assigned IP addresses.  Once I booted the loader it couldn't be detected in the network using Synology assistant.  I changed to a Intel X710, which uses a different driver and it worked on the first attempt.

2 The eight harddisks I have attached to a HBA would be detected when I ran the satamap command, but when booting the loader and installer, it would say no disks available.  I changed to 3617XS and all eight disks were detected on the first attempt at installing.

There are issues with using 3266XS, so I'd instead recommend trying one of the other models like the 3617XS.

Edited by irishj

On 6/19/2022 at 5:05 PM, docop1 said:

@noxiosIt's a matter of extension. i have seen few post about that on gen8 and were working fine. look over github or dig among the thread (156page currently).  2 months ago i had a gen8 and all were detected when i install just to test out. But you better to put an lsi card as the hdd3-4 are not sata3.

Thank you @docop1

Finally I managed to understand how to put xpenology 7.1 (and others) in the various variants possible to emulate on the NAS, HP Proliant Microserver Gen8.
It's actually very simple once you understand... of course 😉 (I chose to install the DS3622xs distro because I already used the DS3617xs with the previous "Jo Loader", and the new version 7.1 with redpill, works like a charm and detects all disks after some adjustments in the BIOS of my NAS HP).

Very important!  there is a relationship between the device's bios and the redpill loader.

In any case, thank you very much, and 👍 for the developers of the very complete and functional redpill loader (I ended up for testing the version "tinycore-redpill.v0.9.0.2" and i think is even better !)

Best regards

Edited by noxios

My experience of TCRP by @pocopico...

from half year or better I had my own compilation of redpill loader for 918+ 7.0.1 Update 2. All works fine, all 6 drives detected (SHR2 from 4 drives and SHR from 2 drives)), ssd cache works, HW acceletarion works, atlantic 10GbE card works - happy me. Until i upgraded to "7.01. upgrade 4" and brick my xpenology (migratable loop). Then i burn TCRP 0.8.0.0 and build:

1) DS918+ Jun - Synology Assistant detected my NAS as "not installed" !! want to do fresh instalation

2) DS920+ Jun - Synology Assistant didnt find my NAS

3) DS920+ Jun with @Peter Suh my.sh script and @jumkey repo - Synology Assistant found my NAS as migratable. I did migration, NAS started but only 4 drives has been detected (and 2 NVMe for cache). Sata 5 and 6 (second raid array) has not been detected.

4) DS3622xsp Jun - found and migrated, working at the moment but... i cannot add extension for mu 10GbE card because of sum control error. I need HW acceleration... Benefits? I have latest DSM firmware...

3 hours ago, shibby said:

My experience of TCRP by @pocopico...

from half year or better I had my own compilation of redpill loader for 918+ 7.0.1 Update 2. All works fine, all 6 drives detected (SHR2 from 4 drives and SHR from 2 drives)), ssd cache works, HW acceletarion works, atlantic 10GbE card works - happy me. Until i upgraded to "7.01. upgrade 4" and brick my xpenology (migratable loop). Then i burn TCRP 0.8.0.0 and build:

1) DS918+ Jun - Synology Assistant detected my NAS as "not installed" !! want to do fresh instalation

2) DS920+ Jun - Synology Assistant didnt find my NAS

3) DS920+ Jun with @Peter Suh my.sh script and @jumkey repo - Synology Assistant found my NAS as migratable. I did migration, NAS started but only 4 drives has been detected (and 2 NVMe for cache). Sata 5 and 6 (second raid array) has not been detected.

4) DS3622xsp Jun - found and migrated, working at the moment but... i cannot add extension for mu 10GbE card because of sum control error. I need HW acceleration... Benefits? I have latest DSM firmware...

In my opinion, the easiest way is to apply a solution that forcibly adds the 5th and 6th SATA to the 3) DS920+.

Originally, DS920+'s unique specification recommended to use only 4 drives, so using more than that is not recommended by jumkey and pocopipo.

However, it was confirmed that 6 drives were recognized in the ds920+ device tree by dolbycat's test.

I can't guarantee the stability, but it seems to be possible by applying a simple script.

Would you like to try something like this?

I am using tinycore-redpill.v0.4.6.img to install DSM7.1 on Proxmox KVM.

For storage I have attached 2 SATA drives.

Everytime I use "./rploader.sh mapsata" I get incorrect output:

"SataPortMap": "1",
"DiskIdxMap": "10",

When Build for "Appololake 918+" There are no drives detected. If I changed to an already working VM (Sataportmap: 62, DiskIdxMap:0002) Then only one drive is working.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by marigo

5 hours ago, shibby said:

yes, i do :)

In DS920+, the script was modified so that 6 built-in SATA can be used in jumkey's dynamic dtb method.

Build the loader with the command below

./my.sh DS920+J jumkey noconfig noclean

with the ll command
Check the existence of model.dtb file

ll /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/jumkey.qjs.dtb/ds920p_42218

with cat command
Double-check that the following contents are printed.
cat /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/jumkey.qjs.dtb/ds920p_42218/install_rd.sh

Spoiler

#!/bin/sh

tar -zxvf patch.tar.gz
# install dtc
chmod +x etc
cp dtc /usr/sbin/dtc

# download 6 ports dtb file for ds920p
#echo $PLATFORM_ID
if [ "${PLATFORM_ID}" = "ds920p_42218" ]; then
  echo "copy ds920 6 ports model.dtb to /etc.defaults"
  cp -vf model.dtb /etc.defaults/model.dtb
fi  

# copy file
if [ ! -f model_${PLATFORM_ID%%_*}.dtb ]; then
  # Dynamic generation
  ./dtc -I dtb -O dts -o output.dts /etc.defaults/model.dtb
  qjs --std ./dts.js output.dts output.dts.out
  if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
    echo "auto generated dts file is broken"
    exit 0
  fi
  ./dtc -I dts -O dtb -o model_r2.dtb output.dts.out
  cp -vf model_r2.dtb /etc.defaults/model.dtb
  cp -vf model_r2.dtb /var/run/model.dtb
else
  cp -vf model_${PLATFORM_ID%%_*}.dtb /etc.defaults/model.dtb
  cp -vf model_${PLATFORM_ID%%_*}.dtb /var/run/model.dtb
fi

If the result is even slightly wrong with this part, only 4 of the 6 ports will work.

스크린샷 2022-06-22 오전 12.07.18.png

스크린샷 2022-06-22 오전 12.06.49.png

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Like 1

В 07.06.2022 в 00:18, flyride сказал:

There are different methods of making NVMe functional depending on the platform.  I doubt all combinations have been tested so you may need to experiment.

On DS918+, lib file needs to be patched.

On DS3622xs+, there is a configuration file for the NVMe PCIe addresses

DS3617xs is probably like DS3622xs+

DVA3221 method is not known, although I saw a post saying no lib file so it may be configuration file like DS3622xs+

On DS920+ and DS1621+, NVMe is supposed to be configured with Device Tree.

If the Device Tree patchdtc script that is part of the loader build gets it wrong, DSM may not find it.  Underlying Linux will probably see it, but DSM will not.

This command reports detailed information about the NVMe PCIe address: udevadm info /dev/nvme0n1

You should review the Device Tree configuration and see if it is consistent with what is returned by udevadm.

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/62894-only-hdd-in-bay-1-are-found-by-storage-manager/#comment-285068

If necessary, you can edit the Device Tree manually but it is not fun:

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/62894-only-hdd-in-bay-1-are-found-by-storage-manager/?do=findComment&comment=285075

You could try the lib file and configuration file methods, although I doubt they will work for DS1621+

@flyride thank you for discovery nvme disk using as volume.

I have tried lunch nvme as volume on DS1621+ but it doesn't work properly. 

I have done step back and installed DS920+ with extensions i8125 and e1000e for 2 NIC and acpid.  And i have updated it for DSM 7.1-42661 Update 2

And finally all work perfect on AsRock H570-itx/ac, i5-10400, 16Gb, NVME disk.

And nvme disk work as basic volume properly. Second NIC work too!

Thanks guys for redpill loader, extensions and support! 

P.S. I've checked serial number in Synology account and it marked as invalid. I will look for another serial number.

Edited by Deniska
Adding P.S.