XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

2 hours ago, pocopico said:

@phone guy there is a not very well advertised option you can use for that.

./rploader.sh restoresesion 

this will restore the user_config.json and the extensions list that you've used the last time you created the loader.

unfortunatelly, someone advertized the removal of all backup and auxfiles at the end of the loader creation.

Because I use specific sn/macs on my builds, I keep track of them, and I notice that the user_config gets replaced with default during the updates. Thats why I warned him of that... I personally use update, fullupgrade then the rest of the commands, and just before building I edit the user_config.json if needed then I build the loader. I may not have known restoresession was an option? I dont know. I know it asks at some point do you want to use files found in old, and (for me) that didnt work it seems to start with the default config. It may have been user error by me - I admit that. Its a simple step to just verify the config before building. I also keep a local copy of my configs too. Just trying to help out ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phone guy said:

Because I use specific sn/macs on my builds, I keep track of them, and I notice that the user_config gets replaced with default during the updates. Thats why I warned him of that... I personally use update, fullupgrade then the rest of the commands, and just before building I edit the user_config.json if needed then I build the loader. I may not have known restoresession was an option? I dont know. I know it asks at some point do you want to use files found in old, and (for me) that didnt work it seems to start with the default config. It may have been user error by me - I admit that. Its a simple step to just verify the config before building. I also keep a local copy of my configs too. Just trying to help out ;)

I'am Sorry, blaming someone was not my intention. I really dont know who advertized the removal of all backup and cache files, maybe it serves a purpose but i'm not sure what.

Anyway you can use the restoresession and you will have the last session user_config.json and all extensions that were used.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pocopico said:

I'am Sorry, blaming someone was not my intention. I really dont know who advertized the removal of all backup and cache files, maybe it serves a purpose but i'm not sure what.

Anyway you can use the restoresession and you will have the last session user_config.json and all extensions that were used.

There were a couple of things posted that were miscommunications unfortunately. I do not do that 4 string command to clean and remove files and folders from the loader after its complete, I guess some do...? I leave everything in there in case I need to add a ext driver and re build the loader ;) 

and I didn't think you were blaming me. I always try to help when I can! I Try to take some of load off all of your shoulders in the forums for you guys. 👍

if I know the answer or think I can help, I try to interact and help.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pocopico said:

@flyride The static modification of the DTB file might be the only option for some, so the redpill-dtb has been restored and the extension name and address has changed to redpill-dtb-static and has been moved to rp-ext repo :

"redpill-dtb-static" : "https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/raw/main/redpill-dtb-static/rpext-index.json"              

custom_config.json now points to redpill-dtb-static by default.

@pocopico

It was confirmed that the patchdtc function returned to the previous state where the patchdtc function could work on bare metal and the result was built with redpill-dtb-static .

Spoiler

tc@box:~$ ll *load/c*/e*
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff 920 May 31 14:42 REALLY_README.txt
drwxr-sr-x 3 tc   staff  80 May 31 14:43 pocopico.e1000e/
drwxr-sr-x 3 tc   staff  80 May 31 14:43 pocopico.r8169/
drwxr-sr-x 3 root staff  80 May 31 14:52 redpill-boot-wait/
drwxr-sr-x 3 tc   staff  80 May 31 14:43 redpill-dtb-static/
drwxr-sr-x 3 tc   staff  80 May 31 14:43 redpill-misc/
tc@box:~$ ll *load/c*/e*/redpill-dtb-static/
total 4
drwxr-sr-x 2 tc staff  180 May 31 14:43 ds920p_42661/
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 1741 May 31 14:43 redpill-dtb-static.json
tc@box:~$ ll *load/c*/e*/redpill-dtb-static/ds920p_42661/
total 176
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff   1689 May 31 14:43 ds920p_42661.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 150200 May 31 14:43 dtc
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff     91 May 31 14:43 install.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff    187 May 31 14:43 install_rd.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff   2977 May 31 14:43 model_ds1621p.dtb
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff   4559 May 31 14:43 model_ds2422p.dtb
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff   2354 May 31 14:52 model_ds920p.dtb

However, as you can see in the log below, there seems to be a typo in the part applied in this 0.7.1.9.
It is LINE 949.

at

if [ $HYPERVISOR == "VMware" ]; then
seems to have to be changed to
         if [ "$HYPERVISOR" == "VMware" ]; then

[#] Extension redpill-misc for ds920p_42661 platform is already up to date

[#] Updating ds920p_42661 platforms extensions...  [OK]

Protocol spec without prior Class and Subclass spec at line 23281

Downloading dtc binary

################################################################################################################################################################################################ 100.0%

No cached dtb file found in /home/tc/custom-module/ds920p.dtb

Found 1 disks and 0 nvme

Collecting disk paths

./rploader.sh: line 949: [: ==: unary operator expected

Found local disk sda with path 00:1f.2, adding into internal_slot 1 with portnumber 0

NO NVME disks found, returning

Patching USB to include your loader. Loader found in 3-3 port

Converting dts file : ds920p.dts to dtb file : >ds920p.dtb

Copying patched dtb file ds920p.dtb to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-dtb-static/ds920p_42661/model_ds920p.dtb -> OK ! File copied and verified !

Edited by Peter Suh

10 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

@pocopico

It was confirmed that the patchdtc function returned to the previous state where the patchdtc function could work on bare metal and the result was built with redpill-dtb-static .

redpill-dtb-static ext (Reveal hidden contents)

tc@box:~$ ll *load/c*/e*
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff 920 May 31 14:42 REALLY_README.txt
drwxr-sr-x 3 tc   staff  80 May 31 14:43 pocopico.e1000e/
drwxr-sr-x 3 tc   staff  80 May 31 14:43 pocopico.r8169/
drwxr-sr-x 3 root staff  80 May 31 14:52 redpill-boot-wait/
drwxr-sr-x 3 tc   staff  80 May 31 14:43 redpill-dtb-static/
drwxr-sr-x 3 tc   staff  80 May 31 14:43 redpill-misc/
tc@box:~$ ll *load/c*/e*/redpill-dtb-static/
total 4
drwxr-sr-x 2 tc staff  180 May 31 14:43 ds920p_42661/
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 1741 May 31 14:43 redpill-dtb-static.json
tc@box:~$ ll *load/c*/e*/redpill-dtb-static/ds920p_42661/
total 176
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff   1689 May 31 14:43 ds920p_42661.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 150200 May 31 14:43 dtc
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff     91 May 31 14:43 install.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff    187 May 31 14:43 install_rd.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff   2977 May 31 14:43 model_ds1621p.dtb
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff   4559 May 31 14:43 model_ds2422p.dtb
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff   2354 May 31 14:52 model_ds920p.dtb

However, as you can see in the log below, there seems to be a typo in the part applied in this 0.7.1.9.
It is LINE 949.

at

if [ $HYPERVISOR == "VMware" ]; then
seems to have to be changed to
         if [ "$HYPERVISOR" == "VMware" ]; then

[#] Extension redpill-misc for ds920p_42661 platform is already up to date

[#] Updating ds920p_42661 platforms extensions...  [OK]

Protocol spec without prior Class and Subclass spec at line 23281

Downloading dtc binary

################################################################################################################################################################################################ 100.0%

No cached dtb file found in /home/tc/custom-module/ds920p.dtb

Found 1 disks and 0 nvme

Collecting disk paths

./rploader.sh: line 949: [: ==: unary operator expected

Found local disk sda with path 00:1f.2, adding into internal_slot 1 with portnumber 0

NO NVME disks found, returning

Patching USB to include your loader. Loader found in 3-3 port

Converting dts file : ds920p.dts to dtb file : >ds920p.dtb

Copying patched dtb file ds920p.dtb to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-dtb-static/ds920p_42661/model_ds920p.dtb -> OK ! File copied and verified !

Thanks, got this and another issue a well 

• Like 1

[NOTICE]

Because pocopico's redpill-dtb ext is changed to redpill-dtb-static ext
In TCRP, the dynamic and automatic dtc patch of jumkey was disabled, so the function was branched so that it can be used as a separate option.

To update a new function, follow the steps below.

./my.sh

If you want to use jumkey's dynamic and automatic dtc patch, you can build it with the options below and use it.

./my.sh DS920+ jumkey

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Usage: ./my.sh <Synology Model Name> <Options>

Options: jumkey, noconfig, noclean, manual

- jumkey  : Option to apply jumkey's dynamic automatic dtc patch extension files (contrary to pocopico's static dtc patch).  

- noconfig: SKIP automatic detection change processing such as SN/Mac/Vid/Pid/SataPortMap of user_config.json file.

- noclean: SKIP the 💊   RedPill LKM/LOAD directory without clearing it with the Clean now command. 
           However, delete the Cache directory and loader.img.

- manual: Options for manual extension processing and manual dtc processing in build action (skipping extension auto detection)

Please type Synology Model Name after ./my.sh

./my.sh DS918+
./my.sh DS3617xs
./my.sh DS3615xs
./my.sh DS3622xs+
./my.sh DVA3221
./my.sh DS920+
./my.sh DS1621+

- for jun mode

./my.sh DS918+J                                                                                                      
./my.sh DS3617xsJ                                                                                                    
./my.sh DS3615xsJ                                                                                                    
./my.sh DS3622xs+J                                                                                                   
./my.sh DVA3221J                                                                                                     
./my.sh DS920+J                                                                                                      
./my.sh DS1621+J  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, flyride said:

@Peter Suh no offense intended, but it seems like it is inappropriate to post this in pocopico's development thread as it is not contributing in any way.

I'm curious about pocopico's opinion. The m shell is considered to be a supplementary shell of rploader, so we keep announcing it on this topic.
If you don't like Pocopico, I won't announce this anymore.

Edited by Peter Suh

9 minutes ago, flyride said:

@Peter Suh no offense intended, but it seems like it is inappropriate to post this in pocopico's development thread as it is not contributing in any way.

And, I also have no intention of attacking, but I think that only the administrator should set and guide the use or direction of the bulletin board.
Are you not a manager?
Users discuss, think, and decide the direction themselves, and I think it is inappropriate for a specific person to take over the role of an administrator.

1 hour ago, Peter Suh said:

I'm curious about pocopico's opinion. The m shell is considered to be a supplementary shell of rploader, so we keep announcing it on this topic.
If you don't like Pocopico, I won't announce this anymore.

I will be glad if you can keep all m.sh announcements separate from this thread as it is confusing members and i had this request more than once.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello TC community!

Quick shout out to all the Devs. that made this possible. I've been an early tester since TG began work on the next loader, and @pocopico @Peter Suh @haydibe and so many others I have not mentioned here, have continued the ongoing effort and development of xpenology. I am so grateful for all the hard work and time each of you have put forth.

I have always been running my xpenology machines baremetal, until recently I decided to move my entire home lab to proxmox - what an undertaking that was, but well worth the effort! Having the ability to do vzdumps, snapshots, and backups makes recovery and testing so much easier! I just completed doing a build for DS3622xs+(7.1.0-42661) I have two pcie sata cards- configured to passthrough to the DS3622, one with 8 ports with 6 spinning drives drives attached- the other card with 6ports, and all six attached to SSD drives,   (The disks were from my baremetal DS3617xs) The upgrade went smooth. I have 6 onboard sata connections, but only one drive is connected here and is only used as the main drive for this proxmox host.

I did notice in storage manager the drive order was out of sequence. I recall on my previous 3617 baremetal build, I had to put this "sata_remap": "7\\>6:8\\>7:9\\>8:11\\>9:12\\>10:13\\>11"  in my user.config and it mapped correctly, however I tried this with the current (proxmox)virtual build for the 3622, and it appears to not have any effect on the drive sequence. Is there another way to do this with the 3622? The other thing I noticed is two of the six ssd drives indicate "warning" in orange  under drive status - health though is green - I am thinking of replacing my ssd drives soon - is this warning due to an actual issue or age with the drive or something else?

Thank you all!

here is my user.config:

* Serial and mac omitted

{
  "extra_cmdline": {
    "pid": "0x0001",
    "vid": "0x46f4",
    "sn": "XXXXXXXXXX",
    "mac1": "XXXXXXXXXXX",
    "SataPortMap": "1446",
    "DiskIdxMap": "10000408"
  },
  "synoinfo": {
    "internalportcfg": "0xffff",
    "maxdisks": "16",
    "support_bde_internal_10g": "no",
    "support_disk_compatibility": "no",
    "support_memory_compatibility": "no"
  },
  "ramdisk_copy": {}
}

drive-order-dsm7.png

9 hours ago, pocopico said:

I will be glad if you can keep all m.sh announcements separate from this thread as it is confusing members and i had this request more than once.

@pocopico, @flyride

Okay, I understand.
Notice of future m shell will not be mentioned in this topic.

To tell you one thing, it's the manager's role to the end, but
It seems that it is a time that requires continued effort and attention so that only matters related to the development of Redpill,

which is the original purpose of this topic, are posted.

Inquiries are still being posted on this topic,
I think there must be some good way for members to notice.

I don't know if this is only used in Korea.

In our country, some kind of guidelines are always attached at the top of the body of each post so as not to write anything that violates the nature of the post in each post.
Sometimes these instructions can be deleted at the user's will, but
First of all, it is commonly used because it has an effect that they can see and judge with their own eyes.

In other countries, I don't know how to develop a website to induce the use of bulletin board content.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a feature like the one above?

Edited by Peter Suh

Hi, @pocopico,
First, I want to say thank you for your (and many others here :-) great contribution to this project.

I really appreciate your work!

TLDR; How about adding Makefile to TCRP to organize build tasks?

At first, I downloaded @Peter Suh's "m.sh" and used it a few times.

I feel it's very handy for the first installation, but not suitable for repeating to tweak parameters.
(Of course, it is as intended I think.)

So, I extracted what m.sh do and wrote this Makefile.

I used this Makefile to upgrade 3 XPenology VMs.

It's not complex and please look inside, but I explain a bit.

For a new install, use "make new-install" to configure, build, and install.

After tweaking user_config.json manually, "make rebuild" to update & rebuild, and install.

You can specify several partial tasks at once, like "make build install clean reboot" 

I post this Makefile as a basis for discussion because it was written just for me. 
It's not sophisticated yet. 
(e.g. PLATFORM can be derived from MODEL, target name definition like "new-install" is not typing friendly, rploader.sh unnecessarily backups several times while new-install (because of "yes" passed "y" every time)...)

I think recent @flyride's installation tutorial is a bit complex because of the variety of the commands,

but a supplemental Makefile like this can organize and simplify build tasks.

I think it's useful but, what do you think about it? > @pocopico, @flyride, @Peter Suh
Could you consider adding some Makefile like this to TCRP?

Makefile

Edited by benok
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, benok said:

Hi, @pocopico,
First, I want to say thank you for your (and many others here :-) great contribution to this project.

I feel it's very handy for the first installation, but not suitable for repeating to tweak parameters.

After tweaking user_config.json manually, "make rebuild" to update & rebuild, and install.

You can specify several partial tasks at once, like "make build install clean reboot" 

I post this Makefile as a basis for discussion because it was written just for me. 
(e.g. PLATFORM can be derived from MODEL, target name definition like "new-install" is not typing friendly, rploader.sh unnecessarily backups several times while new-install (because of "yes" passed "y" every time)...)

I think recent @flyride's installation tutorial is a bit complex because of the variety of the commands,

I think it's useful but, what do you think about it? > @pocopico, @flyride, @Peter Suh

Makefile 2.96 kB · 1 download

@benok

I tried your makefile .

It seems to be one of the very convenient loader build methods.

It's been a while since I made the m shell, but as suggested by @pocopico, I registered it as a topic on the software modding bulletin board and introduced it.

Including it in TCRP means that pocopico has to take care of continuous updates to the makefile, which is a bit odd.

You can also create a separate Github repo like my m shell.

How about using the curl command to inform and distribute how to install in TC?

Spoiler

tc@box:~$ make new-install
yes | ./rploader.sh update now
Checking Internet Access -> OK
Checking if a newer version exists on the main repo -> Version is current
yes | ./rploader.sh fullupgrade now
Performing a full TCRP upgrade
Warning some of your local files will be moved to /home/tc/old/xxxx.2022-Jun-01-10-22
Updating custom_config.json
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
100 33842  100 33842    0     0   612k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  612k
Updating custom_config_jun.json
100  8954  100  8954    0     0   168k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  168k
Updating global_config.json
100  5692  100  5692    0     0   113k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  113k
Updating modules.alias.3.json.gz
mv: cannot stat 'modules.alias.3.json.gz': No such file or directory
100  5591  100  5591    0     0   104k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  104k
Updating modules.alias.4.json.gz
mv: cannot stat 'modules.alias.4.json.gz': No such file or directory
100 89007  100 89007    0     0  1524k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1524k
Updating rpext-index.json
100  211k  100  211k    0     0  3586k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 3586k
Updating user_config.json
100   431  100   431    0     0   8450      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  8450
Updating dtc
100  146k  100  146k    0     0  2528k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 2528k
Updating rploader.sh
100 91060  100 91060    0     0  1646k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1646k
Updating ds1621p.dts
100  3026  100  3026    0     0  58192      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 58192
Updating ds920p.dts
100  2423  100  2423    0     0  46596      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 46596
Please make sure you are using the latest 1GB img before using backup option
Current /home/tc size is 2.9M , try to keep it less than 1GB as it might not fit into your image
Should i update the sdb with your current files [Yy/Nn]
Backing up home files to sdb : Backing up files to /mnt/sdb3//mydata.tgz  
Done.

=========== generate serial/mac ===============
yes | ./rploader.sh serialgen DS3622xs+
Serial Number for Model : 20C0SQRS6YPRK
Mac Address for Model DS3622xs+ : 00:11:32:EF:26:3C 
Should i update the user_config.json with these values ? [Yy/Nn]
=========== identify usb ===============
./rploader.sh identifyusb now
Found ADATA ADATA SerialNumber: 0000000000000100
Vendor ID : 0x125f Product ID : 0x312b
Should i update the user_config.json with these values ? [Yy/Nn]
y
=========== configure sata map ===============
./rploader.sh satamap now

Found "00:1f.2 Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family SATA Controller [AHCI Mode]"
Detected 6 ports/1 drives. Override # of ports or ENTER to accept <6> 

Found "03:00.0 Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 9215 (rev 11)"
Detected 4 ports/0 drives. Override # of ports or ENTER to accept <4> 

Recommended settings:
SataPortMap=64
DiskIdxMap=0006

Should i update the user_config.json with these values ? [Yy/Nn] y
Done.
=========== Loader building in progress =================
make show | tee build.log
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/tc'
============ your user_config.json ===================
{
    "pid": "0x312b",
    "vid": "0x125f",
    "sn": "20C0SQRS6YPRK",
    "mac1": "001132EF263C",
    "SataPortMap": "64",
    "DiskIdxMap": "0006"
  },
  },
}
======================================================
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/tc'
yes | ./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 | tee -a build.log
Rploader Version : 0.8.0.0
Loader source : https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load.git Loader Branch : develop 
Redpill module source : https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-lkm.git : Redpill module branch : master 
Extensions :   redpill-misc 
Extensions URL : "https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-misc/rpext-index.json"
TOOLKIT_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/toolkit/DSM7.0/ds.broadwellnk-7.0.dev.txz/download
TOOLKIT_SHA : 0d9edca67d9e7e14c2529bbb58341b623936124d5264f71f1e4acbacf3ea202d
SYNOKERNEL_URL : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/Synology NAS GPL Source/25426branch/broadwellnk-source/linux-4.4.x.txz/download
SYNOKERNEL_SHA : d3e85eb80f16a83244fcae6016ab6783cd8ac55e3af2b4240455261396e1e1be
COMPILE_METHOD : toolkit_dev
TARGET_PLATFORM       : broadwellnk
TARGET_VERSION    : 7.1.0
TARGET_REVISION : 42661
REDPILL_LKM_MAKE_TARGET : dev-v7
KERNEL_MAJOR : 4
MODULE_ALIAS_FILE :  modules.alias.4.json
SYNOMODEL : ds3622xsp_42661 
MODEL : DS3622xs+ 
Local Cache Folder : /mnt/sdb3/auxfiles
DATE Internet : 01062022 Local : 01062022
Checking Internet Access -> OK
Checking if a newer version exists on the main repo -> Version is current
Cloning into 'redpill-lkm'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 1253, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (325/325), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (41/41), done.
remote: Total 1253 (delta 302), reused 284 (delta 283), pack-reused 928
Receiving objects: 100% (1253/1253), 469.84 KiB | 2.58 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (865/865), done.
Cloning into 'redpill-load'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 1998, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (4/4), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (4/4), done.
remote: Total 1998 (delta 0), reused 1 (delta 0), pack-reused 1994
Receiving objects: 100% (1998/1998), 114.70 MiB | 11.23 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (937/937), done.
No extra build option or static specified, using default <static> 
Using static compiled redpill extension
Removing any old redpill.ko modules
Looking for redpill for : ds3622xsp_42661 
Getting file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/redpill/releases/redpill-4.4.180plus-broadwellnk.tgz
Extracting module
Getting file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/redpill/src/check-redpill.sh
Got redpill-linux-v4.4.180+.ko 
Testing modules.alias.4.json -> File OK
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It looks that you will need the following modules : 

Found VGA Controller : pciid 8086d0000041e  Required Extension : i915
Searching for matching extension for i915
Found SATA Controller : pciid 8086d00008c82  Required Extension : ahci
Searching for matching extension for ahci
[#] Checking runtime for required tools... [OK]
[#] Adding new extension from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/rpext-index.json...
[#] Downloading remote file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/rpext-index.json to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/_new_ext_index.tmp_json
######################################################################## 100.0%
[OK]
[#] ========================================== pocopico.r8169 ==========================================
[#] Extension name: r8169
[#] Description: Adds RealTek RTL-8169 Gigabit Ethernet driver Support
[#] To get help visit: <todo>
[#] Extension preparer/packer: https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/tree/main/r8169
[#] Software author: https://github.com/pocopico
[#] Update URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/rpext-index.json
[#] Platforms supported: ds1621p_42218 ds918p_41890 dva3221_42661 ds3617xs_42621 ds3617xs_42218 ds920p_42661 ds918p_42661 ds1621p_42661 ds918p_25556 dva3221_42218 ds3615xs_42661 ds3622xsp_42661 ds3622xsp_42218 dva3221_42621 ds3615xs_41222 ds918p_42621 ds3617xs_42661 ds3615xs_25556 ds920p_42218 ds920p_42621 ds918p_42218 ds1621p_42621 ds3615xs_42621 ds3615xs_42218 ds3622xsp_42621 
[#] =======================================================================================

Found Ethernet Interface : pciid 10ecd00008168 Required Extension : r8169
Searching for matching extension for r8169
Found matching extension : 
"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/rpext-index.json"
Found SATA Controller : pciid 1b4bd00009215  Required Extension : 
No matching extension
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting loader creation 
Found tinycore cache folder, linking to home/tc/custom-module
Checking user_config.json : Done
Entering redpill-load directory
Removing bundled exts directories
Cache directory OK 
Found build request for revision greater than 42218
Found extractor locally cached
Copying required libraries to local lib directory
Linking lib to lib64
Copying executable
Removing temp folder /tmp/synoesp
Checking if tool is accessible
/bin/syno_extract_system_patch: /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by /bin/syno_extract_system_patch)
Executed succesfully
Checking for cached pat file
Could not find pat file locally cached
Configdir : /home/tc/redpill-load/config/DS3622xs+/7.1.0-42661 
Configfile: /home/tc/redpill-load/config/DS3622xs+/7.1.0-42661/config.json 
Pat URL : https://global.download.synology.com/download/DSM/release/7.1/42661-1/DSM_DS3622xs%2B_42661.pat
Downloading pat file from URL : https://global.download.synology.com/download/DSM/release/7.1/42661-1/DSM_DS3622xs%2B_42661.pat
100  352M  100  352M    0     0  23.2M      0  0:00:15  0:00:15 --:--:-- 23.3M
File //mnt/sdb3/auxfiles/ds3622xsp_42661.pat, is  encrypted
File //mnt/sdb3/auxfiles/ds3622xsp_42661.pat, has been cached but its encrypted, re-running decrypting process
Checking for cached pat file
Found locally cached pat file /home/tc/custom-module/ds3622xsp_42661.pat
File /home/tc/custom-module/ds3622xsp_42661.pat, is  encrypted
Extracting encrypted pat file : /home/tc/custom-module/ds3622xsp_42661.pat to /tmp/pat
/bin/syno_extract_system_patch: /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by /bin/syno_extract_system_patch)
Creating unecrypted pat file ds3622xsp_42661.pat to /home/tc/redpill-load/cache folder 
./VERSION
Pat file  sha256sum is : 41c245c49a007c5fbd73bbab479ab0394a39dd76cd9e92be9d217b48fcb34826
Checking config file existence -> OK
Editing config file -> Verifying config file -> OK ! 
Clearing temp folders
Processing add_extensions entries found on custom_config.json file :   redpill-misc
Adding extension "https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-misc/rpext-index.json" 
[#] Adding new extension from https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-misc/rpext-index.json...
[#] Downloading remote file https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-misc/rpext-index.json to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/_new_ext_index.tmp_json
[OK]
[#] ========================================== redpill-misc ==========================================
[#] Extension name: Misc shell
[#] Description: Misc shell
[#] To get help visit: https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-misc
[#] Extension preparer/packer: https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-misc
[#] Software author: https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-misc
[#] Update URL: https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-misc/rpext-index.json
[#] Platforms supported: ds1621p_42218 ds918p_41890 dva3221_42661 ds3617xs_42621 ds3617xs_42218 ds920p_42661 ds918p_42661 ds1621p_42661 ds918p_25556 dva3221_42218 ds3615xs_42661 ds3622xsp_42661 ds3622xsp_42218 dva3221_42621 ds3615xs_41222 ds918p_42621 ds3617xs_42661 ds3615xs_25556 ds920p_42218 ds920p_42621 ds918p_42218 ds1621p_42621 ds3615xs_42621 ds3615xs_42218 ds3622xsp_42621 
[#] =======================================================================================

Updating extension : redpill-misc contents for model : ds3622xsp_42661  
[#] Updating ds3622xsp_42661 platforms extensions... 
[#] Downloading remote file https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-misc/recipes/universal.json to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/_ext_new_rcp.tmp_json

[#] Filling-in newly downloaded recipe for extension redpill-misc platform ds3622xsp_42661
[#] Downloading remote file https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-misc/releases/install.sh to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-misc/ds3622xsp_42661/install.sh
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-misc/ds3622xsp_42661/install.sh file...  [OK]
[#] Downloading remote file https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-misc/releases/install-all.sh to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-misc/ds3622xsp_42661/install-all.sh
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-misc/ds3622xsp_42661/install-all.sh file...  [OK]
[#] Downloading remote file https://github.com/tsl0922/ttyd/releases/download/1.6.3/ttyd.x86_64 to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-misc/ds3622xsp_42661/ttyd
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-misc/ds3622xsp_42661/ttyd file...  [OK]
[#] Downloading remote file https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-misc/releases/install_rd.sh to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-misc/ds3622xsp_42661/install_rd.sh
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-misc/ds3622xsp_42661/install_rd.sh file...  [OK]
[#] Downloading remote file https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-misc/releases/lrzsz.tar.gz to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-misc/ds3622xsp_42661/lrzsz.tar.gz
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-misc/ds3622xsp_42661/lrzsz.tar.gz file...  [OK]
[#] Unpacking files from /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-misc/ds3622xsp_42661/lrzsz.tar.gz to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-misc/ds3622xsp_42661/...  [OK]
[#] Successfully processed recipe for extension redpill-misc platform ds3622xsp_42661
[#] Unpacking files from /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-misc/ds3622xsp_42661/lrzsz.tar.gz to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-misc/ds3622xsp_42661/...  [OK]
[#] Updating extensions... 

[#] Adding new extension from https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/raw/main/redpill-boot-wait/rpext-index.json...
[#] Downloading remote file https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/raw/main/redpill-boot-wait/rpext-index.json to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/_new_ext_index.tmp_json
[OK]
[#] ========================================== redpill-boot-wait ==========================================
[#] Extension name: RedPill Bootwait
[#] Description: Simple extension which stops the execution early waiting for the boot device to appear
[#] To get help visit: https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/redpill-boot-wait
[#] Extension preparer/packer: https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/tree/main/redpill-boot-wait
[#] Update URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/redpill-boot-wait/rpext-index.json
[#] Platforms supported: ds1621p_42218 ds918p_41890 dva3221_42661 ds3617xs_42621 ds3617xs_42218 ds920p_42661 ds918p_42661 ds1621p_42661 ds918p_25556 dva3221_42218 ds3615xs_42661 ds3622xsp_42661 ds2422p_42661 ds3622xsp_42218 ds2422p_42218 dva3221_42621 ds3615xs_41222 ds918p_42621 ds3617xs_42661 ds3615xs_25556 ds920p_42218 ds920p_42621 ds920p_42550 ds918p_42218 ds2422p_42621 ds1621p_42621 ds3615xs_42621 ds3615xs_42218 ds3622xsp_42621 

[#] Updating pocopico.r8169 extension... 
[#] Downloading remote file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/rpext-index.json to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/_new_ext_index.tmp_json

[#] Extension pocopico.r8169 index is already up to date
[#] Updating redpill-boot-wait extension... 
[#] Downloading remote file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/redpill-boot-wait/rpext-index.json to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/_new_ext_index.tmp_json

[#] Extension redpill-boot-wait index is already up to date
[#] Updating redpill-misc extension... 
[#] Downloading remote file https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-misc/rpext-index.json to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/_new_ext_index.tmp_json
[OK]
[#] Updating ds3622xsp_42661 platforms extensions... 
[#] Downloading remote file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/releases/ds3622xsp_42218.json to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/_ext_new_rcp.tmp_json

[#] Filling-in newly downloaded recipe for extension pocopico.r8169 platform ds3622xsp_42661
[#] Downloading remote file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/releases/r8169-4.4.180plus-broadwellnk.tgz to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/pocopico.r8169/ds3622xsp_42661/r8169-4.4.180plus-broadwellnk.tgz
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/pocopico.r8169/ds3622xsp_42661/r8169-4.4.180plus-broadwellnk.tgz file... [OK]
[#] Unpacking files from /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/pocopico.r8169/ds3622xsp_42661/r8169-4.4.180plus-broadwellnk.tgz to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/pocopico.r8169/ds3622xsp_42661/... [OK]
[#] Downloading remote file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/r8169/src/check-r8169.sh to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/pocopico.r8169/ds3622xsp_42661/check-r8169.sh
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/pocopico.r8169/ds3622xsp_42661/check-r8169.sh file... [OK]
[#] Successfully processed recipe for extension pocopico.r8169 platform ds3622xsp_42661
[#] Downloading remote file https://github.com/RedPill-TTG/redpill-boot-wait/raw/master/recipes/universal.json to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/_ext_new_rcp.tmp_json
[#] Filling-in newly downloaded recipe for extension redpill-boot-wait platform ds3622xsp_42661
[#] Downloading remote file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RedPill-TTG/redpill-boot-wait/master/src/boot-wait.sh to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-boot-wait/ds3622xsp_42661/boot-wait.sh
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-boot-wait/ds3622xsp_42661/boot-wait.sh file... [OK]
[#] Successfully processed recipe for extension redpill-boot-wait platform ds3622xsp_42661
[#] Downloading remote file https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-misc/recipes/universal.json to /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/_ext_new_rcp.tmp_json
[#] Extension redpill-misc for ds3622xsp_42661 platform is already up to date
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/redpill-boot-wait/ds3622xsp_42661/boot-wait.sh file... [OK]
[#] Updating extensions... [OK]
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/cache/ds3622xsp_42661.pat file... [OK]
[#] Unpacking /home/tc/redpill-load/cache/ds3622xsp_42661.pat file to /home/tc/redpill-load/build/1654079013/pat-ds3622xsp_42661-unpacked... [OK]
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/build/1654079013/pat-ds3622xsp_42661-unpacked/zImage file... [OK]
[#] Patching /home/tc/redpill-load/build/1654079013/pat-ds3622xsp_42661-unpacked/zImage to /home/tc/redpill-load/build/1654079013/zImage-patched... [OK]
[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/build/1654079013/pat-ds3622xsp_42661-unpacked/rd.gz file... [OK]
[#] Unpacking /home/tc/redpill-load/build/1654079013/pat-ds3622xsp_42661-unpacked/rd.gz file to /home/tc/redpill-load/build/1654079013/rd-ds3622xsp_42661-unpacked... [OK]
[#] Apply patches to /home/tc/redpill-load/build/1654079013/rd-ds3622xsp_42661-unpacked... [OK]
[#] Patching config files in ramdisk... [OK]
[#] Adding OS config patching... [OK]
[#] Repacking ramdisk to /home/tc/redpill-load/build/1654079013/rd-patched-ds3622xsp_42661.gz... [OK]
[#] Bundling extensions... [#] Checking runtime for required tools... [OK]
[#] Dumping ds3622xsp_42661 platform extensions to /home/tc/redpill-load/build/1654079013/custom-initrd/exts... [OK]
[#] Packing custom ramdisk layer to /home/tc/redpill-load/build/1654079013/custom.gz... [OK]
[#] Generating GRUB config... [OK]
[#] Creating loader image at loader.img... [OK]
[#] Cleaning up... [OK]
Mounting /dev/sdb1 to localdiskp1 
/dev/sdb2 localdiskp2
Creating tinycore entry
menuentry 'Tiny Core Image Build' {
        savedefault
        set root=(hd0,msdos3)
        echo Loading Linux...
        linux /vmlinuz64 loglevel=3 cde waitusb=5 vga=791
        echo Loading initramfs...
        initrd /corepure64.gz
        echo Booting TinyCore for loader creation
}
Entries in Localdisk bootloader : 
=======================================================================
menuentry 'RedPill DS3622xs v7.1.0-42661 Beta (USB, Verbose)' {
menuentry 'RedPill DS3622xs v7.1.0-42661 Beta (SATA, Verbose)' {
menuentry 'Tiny Core Image Build' {
Caching files for future use
Found /home/tc/redpill-load/cache/ds3622xsp_42661.pat, copying to cache directory : /mnt/sdb3/auxfiles 
Saving user session for future use. Saving current extensions  -> OK !
Saving current user_config.json  -> OK !
grep "please re-run" build.log >/dev/null && ( yes | ./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 | tee -a build.log ) || true
rm -rf old
rm -f oldpat.tar.gz
yes | ./rploader.sh clean now
Clearing local redpill files
#rm -rf /mnt/sdb3/auxfiles
#rm -rf custom-module
yes | ./rploader.sh backup now
Please make sure you are using the latest 1GB img before using backup option
Current /home/tc size is 2.4M , try to keep it less than 1GB as it might not fit into your image
Should i update the sdb with your current files [Yy/Nn]
Backing up home files to sdb : Backing up files to /mnt/sdb3//mydata.tgz  
Done.

============ your user_config.json ===================
{
    "pid": "0x312b",
    "vid": "0x125f",
    "sn": "20C0SQRS6YPRK",
    "mac1": "001132EF263C",
    "SataPortMap": "64",
    "DiskIdxMap": "0006"
  },
  },
}
======================================================
tc@box:~$ ll
total 2268
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff    6117 Jun  1 10:23 build.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff     231 Jun  1 10:22 check-redpill.sh
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root staff      18 Jun  1 10:22 custom-module -> /mnt/sdb3/auxfiles
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff   33842 Jun  1 10:22 custom_config.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff    8954 Jun  1 10:22 custom_config_jun.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff    3026 Jun  1 10:22 ds1621p.dts
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff    2423 Jun  1 10:22 ds920p.dts
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff  150200 Jun  1 10:22 dtc
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff    5692 Jun  1 10:22 global_config.json
-rwxrwxrwx 1 tc   staff    3037 Jun  1 10:15 makefile
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff   81845 Jun  1 10:22 modules.alias.3.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff 1628600 Jun  1 10:22 modules.alias.4.json
-rwxr-xr-x 1 tc   staff   27540 May 31 16:46 my.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff    5006 May 31 16:52 my.sh.gz
-rwxr-xr-x 1 tc   staff   15771 May 25 07:02 myv.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff    3046 May 25 14:34 myv.sh.gz
-rwxr-xr-x 1 tc   staff     948 May 31 09:45 patchusb.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff  216702 Jun  1 10:22 rpext-index.json
-rwx------ 1 tc   staff   91060 Jun  1 10:22 rploader.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 tc   staff     393 Jun  1 10:22 user_config.json

51 minutes ago, vinhnguyen said:

Version 7.1-42661 update 2 is available. I tried but it doesn't work...

DS3622xs+

According to the manager's guidance, each topic has been recently guided so that posts that fit the nature of the topic are written.

In this guide topic, we will not answer questions related to loader builds in the future.

The Noob Lounge and the general questions board seem to be a good place for this.

Or, it would be good to write the first post here on DSM Update Reporting and share successes and failures.

https://xpenology.com/forum/forum/78-dsm-updates-reporting/

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

And, I also have no intention of attacking, but I think that only the administrator should set and guide the use or direction of the bulletin board.
Are you not a manager?
Users discuss, think, and decide the direction themselves, and I think it is inappropriate for a specific person to take over the role of an administrator.

@flyride is a moderator. If he feels it's out of line or out of topic, he has all the rights to say and act upon it. My role, beyond administering the forum is also moderation. No one is taking the role of administrator here.

What is important is to keep discussions civil, cordial, polite and adult. We are all grown up here, so let's keep it that way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm having a hard time getting hard drives to be recognized during installation

Ryzen 3900, AsRock X570, LSI 8 port plus 8 ports on board dual 10gb x540

using latest TCRP I can build and boot up but every time no hard drives are found

I have tried loading the mpt3sas extension before build as well as building it straight out also tried 3622 and 1621 but every time no hard drives are found

one thing I noticed is that when running satamap it only sees the board ports , which i have hd's connected to as well

the hd's are wiped clean

any suggestions?

thanks

31 minutes ago, neonflx said:

Ryzen 3900, AsRock X570, LSI 8 port plus 8 ports on board dual 10gb x540

using latest TCRP I can build and boot up but every time no hard drives are found

I have tried loading the mpt3sas extension before build as well as building it straight out also tried 3622 and 1621 but every time no hard drives are found

one thing I noticed is that when running satamap it only sees the board ports , which i have hd's connected to as wel

satamap won't show you information about SAS/SCSI because they are not SATA.  So that behavior is expected.

@pocopico maybe I should add in the checkscsi again just to advise of connected scsi ports, even though it has nothing to do with satamap.

I think you have an issue with your HBA driver at the moment.

At least one X570 board recently encountered had a split SATA backplane and attached to two controllers, not one.  Then those controllers were mapped high to low and low to high (ports vs. controller slots).  I was working with the person with the issue to try and figure out a hack to make it work, but they went in a different direction.  That was an ASUS board but it seems like a relevant data point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flyride said:

satamap won't show you information about SAS/SCSI because they are not SATA.  So that behavior is expected.

@pocopico maybe I should add in the checkscsi again just to advise of connected scsi ports, even though it has nothing to do with satamap.

At least one X570 board recently encountered had a split SATA backplane and attached to two controllers, not one.  Then those controllers were mapped high to low and low to high (ports vs. controller slots).  I was working with the person with the issue to try and figure out a hack to make it work, but they went in a different direction.  That was an ASUS board but it seems like a relevant data point.

Honestly having the satamap checkscsi acknowledge the existence of the HBA is useful, and will probably help more than hurt, as the example above illustrates.

Just with the understanding by users the args in user_config.json are not influencing the HBA... Thats my opinion no one asked for :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, benok said:

Hi, @pocopico,

Makefile 2.96 kB · 7 downloads

That’s a very good idea if it serves and fits your purpose. Unfortunately though I have to say that if you want to release it you can of course do so and take care of any future adjustments after a TCRP update.

That of course is controllable as TCRP stable version 0.8.0.0 will not change in features and all future development will now go to development releases 0.9.0.0  

Edited by pocopico

I'm running XPEnology under Proxmox 7.2

I tried to update the bootloader to version v0.8.0.0, and I get an error:

Found new device <vid=0627, pid=0001> - didn't match expected <vid=46f4, pid=0001>

On version v0.4.6 everything worked.

My user_config.json

Скрытый текст

{
    "pid": "0x0001",
    "vid": "0x46f4",
    "sn": "xxx",
    "mac1": "xxx",
    "SataPortMap": "66",
    "DiskIdxMap": "0600"
  },

"internalportcfg" : "0xffff",
          "maxdisks" : "16",
          "support_bde_internal_10g" : "no",
          "support_disk_compatibility" : "no",
          "support_memory_compatibility" : "no"

},
  "ramdisk_copy": {

}

}

I tried changing in the grub.cfg (to vid=0627)

But, but the error remains and becomes "reverse":

Found new device <vid=46f4, pid=0001> - didn't match expected <vid=0627, pid=0001>

I don't understand what's going on :)

-----------

Google Translate

Edited by Firs

18 hours ago, flyride said:

@flyride

Can I continue to ask and answer questions about TCRP installation in this topic?
If there are no problems, I will participate.

2 minutes ago, pocopico said:

Please be aware that currently update2 is not working at least on DS920 that i've tried. I'm testing JoT mode to see how it goes. I expect that to work though.

Since yesterday, failures have been reported in TCRP.
Perhaps a tool-chain is possible.