XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

@pocopico I sucessfully installed 7.1 DS3622xs+ on a HP Gen8 Baremetall system. This NAS works as a backupsystem. 

On the productive NAS I will remain at the 6.2 line.

Would it be possible to add the 6.2.4u2 for DS3615xs to tc from here (https://github.com/jimmyGALLAND/redpill-load/tree/master/config/DS3615xs/6.2.4-25556u2)?

I only found the normal 6.2.4 release.

Edit: is is normal that I cant receive Updates from Synology in control panel? It always says no Internet connectiion und for versions descriptions is something like example.com/ as a link. The host files is clean according to links to synology. Not binded to localhost or anything else. Are the Appupdates also blocked or is it only for DSM Updates?

Edited by mmkt

6 hours ago, loomes said:

It takes Time. Proxmox says timeout but in real the Machine is shuting down. Let run a Serial Connection and you can see it.

Did you use the standard acpid ext from pocopico? I will have to try again, when I tested and watched serial console nothing happened. it just sat there.

13 hours ago, RedCat said:

Usb vid/pid does not matter. I think satamap is neccesary, I always use satamap command. 

Easy way: use RP loader sata0 and boot sata0

Hard way: you can boot from usb also, but you cant set it in GUI, you need use command line:

args: -drive 'if=none,id=synoboot,format=raw,file=/var/lib/vz/images/109/tinycore-redpill.img' -device 'qemu-xhci,addr=0x18' -device 'usb-storage,drive=synoboot,bootindex=5'

It boot from usb

The acpi button works for me 918+ 7.1 on Proxmox

I will test this usb method, is there any advantage one way or the other? usb vs sata boot in pve?

I had to issue shell command to get sata boot to work too. I have to look and see what that was, I will post when I find it.

Last, you are second one to say 918 7.1 acpi works... It did not for me, can someone post the exact url for ext to add? I must have used the wrong outdated version or something.  But no one has gotten it to work in 3622 correct?

8 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

R8152 for DS3622xs+ for realtek 1G USB NIC is up.

I asked GITHUB's bb-qq, shared by @dolbycat, for the DS3622xs+ ext a few weeks ago, and they completed it today.

It seems to be used as a manual installation in the package manager.

@pocopico 's ext is a driver that should be used as an alternative because it does not work.

https://github.com/bb-qq/r8152/releases/download/2.15.0-7/r8152-broadwellnk-2.15.0-7.spk

Note:

The installation will fail the first time. After that, run the following command from the SSH terminal:
sudo install -m 4755 -o root -D /var/packages/r8152/target/r8152/spk_su /opt/sbin/spk_su

If you encounter a performance issue, please try 2.14.0-6.

Users of DSM 6.2 should use past releases.

642498229_2022-04-2310_56_08.thumb.png.71004630b0f873b966daa9a68846d3ea.png

1860718043_2022-04-2310_56_51.thumb.png.20fcf1a2f9500bc413b48123913ee5a2.png

It works very well.

I have one more USB NIC installed on the dual LAN.

You don't have to touch the grub.cfg, just reboot after installing the driver.

That was exactly how I got my second nic to work in dsm 7 on a nas box because even though 2nd nic is internal it is on usb bus not pci bus, I used bb-qq driver and it worked instantly, however only with factory mac, the mac2 is set in grub but doesnt show after bb-qq driver installed.

I tried for days maybe weeks to use @pocopico r8152 ext driver, and it never worked, I dont know why. Pocopico should add this as a ext so we can build loader with it already enabled.

Idea: Is there a way to save a batch file or pref fie of added ext used to get a system working, so when update comes the building new loader process would be easier? like a user_ext.json file we could edit, and add the url from github of the ext that are needed and when we do build command it would load those automatically? Just a suggestion.... as I am trying to keep a text file list of ext needed so when updates, testing comes I know what is needed to make "system b" work...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gfacek2 said:

Is this the right place to get help?
I installed 7.1 via manual pat file, and now I'm in recovery loop.

Is there anything I can do?

You need to post some specifics for anyone to help. what build? what ext if any were added? are you building vm or bm? etc... :)

Is there a virtual help forum for dsm 7.1 and redpill? the virtual forum seems to be for dsm6.....

I am building a proxmox (v7.1-7 current version of pve) with 14 sata ports, 6 ports on the motherboard and 8 ports on a hba card. 1 port is used for proxmox boot drive, so 13 extra. I want to use 12 of those in dsm direct pass thru pve to dsm so it can handle the building and maintenance of the raid array. I am going to need a little help and dont want to clutter up this thread. Anyone?

4 hours ago, mmkt said:

@pocopico I sucessfully installed 7.1 DS3622xs+ on a HP Gen8 Baremetall system. This NAS works as a backupsystem. 

On the productive NAS I will remain at the 6.2 line.

Would it be possible to add the 6.2.4u2 for DS3615xs to tc from here (https://github.com/jimmyGALLAND/redpill-load/tree/master/config/DS3615xs/6.2.4-25556u2)?

I only found the normal 6.2.4 release.

Edit: is is normal that I cant receive Updates from Synology in control panel? It always says no Internet connectiion und for versions descriptions is something like example.com/ as a link. The host files is clean according to links to synology. Not binded to localhost or anything else. Are the Appupdates also blocked or is it only for DSM Updates?

Yes, it’s normal. The update url is masked to example.com

1 hour ago, phone guy said:

That was exactly how I got my second nic to work in dsm 7 on a nas box because even though 2nd nic is internal it is on usb bus not pci bus, I used bb-qq driver and it worked instantly, however only with factory mac, the mac2 is set in grub but doesnt show after bb-qq driver installed.

I tried for days maybe weeks to use @pocopico r8152 ext driver, and it never worked, I dont know why. Pocopico should add this as a ext so we can build loader with it already enabled.

Idea: Is there a way to save a batch file or pref fie of added ext used to get a system working, so when update comes the building new loader process would be easier? like a user_ext.json file we could edit, and add the url from github of the ext that are needed and when we do build command it would load those automatically? Just a suggestion.... as I am trying to keep a text file list of ext needed so when updates, testing comes I know what is needed to make "system b" work...

Good idea ! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phone guy said:

Last, you are second one to say 918 7.1 acpi works... It did not for me, can someone post the exact url for ext to add? I must have used the wrong outdated version or something.  But no one has gotten it to work in 3622 correct?

ACPID works with ds3622 and ds3617 (and probably ds3615) with Proxmox only when you load the button.ko module.

I have included the button.ko in pocopicos acpid for ds3622 here: 

./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dodo-dk/rp-ext/main/acpid/rpext-index.json

One important thing, the acpid service doesn't work on first boot after install of DSM. After you set your User Account and Password, you need to restart DSM from DSM menu. After this the ACPID works over Proxmox.

For ds918 acpid works with pocopicos acpid. But here the same, not on first boot.

You can check over ssh with ls -l /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/. On first boot there is no acpid.service, after second boot it is and then it works.

Edited by dodo-dk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gfacek2 said:

OK, I managed to get it to work by myself...kind of ;)

I just followed the instructions here to build a new boot stick with 7.1.0 Loader. Now DSM is loading, and update process is going on.

If installation loop occurs afterwards, upload your log using the following method

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you can access the DSM installation request screen with ttyd as below,

Then send me the log with the command you see.

http://<youripaddr>:7681/

id : root / pw : ( no password )

cat /var/log/junior_reason

cat /var/log/*rc*

9 hours ago, phone guy said:

I will test this usb method, is there any advantage one way or the other? usb vs sata boot in pve?

I had to issue shell command to get sata boot to work too. I have to look and see what that was, I will post when I find it.

If you need sata0 then use usb boot. I think there is no other advantage. If use sata0 then you can see in gui, you can detach, delete, reconnect etc with one click. With usb dont.

Sata use: qm importdisk 107 /path/of/the/loader/tinicore-redpill.v0.4.6.img local-lvm

107: number of your VM

I use this ext for acpi: ./rploader.sh ext apollolake-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/develop/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json

It is work with 918+ 8 times out of 10 :D

I tired it with 3622 also, but dont work for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dodo-dk said:

ACPID works with ds3622 and ds3617 (and probably ds3615) with Proxmox only when you load the button.ko module.

./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dodo-dk/rp-ext/main/acpid/rpext-index.json

One important thing, the acpid service doesn't work on first boot after install of DSM. After you set your User Account and Password, you need to restart DSM from DSM menu. After this the ACPID works over Proxmox.

For ds918 acpid works with pocopicos acpid. But here the same, not on first boot.

You can check over ssh with ls -l /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/. On first boot there is no acpid.service, after second boot it is and then it works.

Does this also work for Unraid? I have made a build but the shutdown commands do not work. Also Virtio and Virtio-net drivers do not work for ethernet. They did before without extensions strange enough. Now using e1000e but the speed reported in DSM is way off, it always reports 500mb/s or 15gb/s or crazy speeds like that.

Hello, I managed to install bare metal and everything (almost everything works) startup schedule doesn't work, it shuts down no problem at the time I scheduled but later won't start? Same setup works fine with 1.04b and dsm 6.2.3-25426-3 for boot schedule as expected.

I installed new version DSM 7.1-42661 (DS918+) I still have the same problem, boot schedule not working. I know I can do via bios, but I can't program every Monday for example in my bios (cm. Msi H110M), I can only choose a specific date not very convenient. if anyone has a solution ?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Ps: sorry for translation i use google translate :)

10 hours ago, dodo-dk said:

What is button.ko ? I know its a driver, is that installed in tcrp during build as part of the acpid package? I just created a new 3622 in proxmox, installed the misc package from @pocopico and the acpid package from @dodo-dk using the link you provided, and also the e1000 nic drivers for proxmox ... I signed into my synology account, and have restarted it thru dsm menu... so I obviously need the button.ko you mentioned, can you share with me how to install that?

10 hours ago, gfacek2 said:

OK, I managed to get it to work by myself...kind of ;)

I just followed the instructions here to build a new boot stick with 7.1.0 Loader. Now DSM is loading, and update process is going on.

Sorry I got off line for a while unexpectedly... my apologies... Glad you got it working!!!

10 hours ago, dodo-dk said:

3 minutes ago, dodo-dk said:

If you used my package, than the button.ko is loaded automatically on boot.

lsmod | grep button

and 

ls -l /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/

🤩 Brilliant!! It works!!!!!!!!!!! DS3622xs+ properly shutdown in proxmox!!! Awesome! 🤗

Thank you so very much!  All you builders need to colaborate your github pages together every couple of days. That would take the guessing who's what's work!

Thank You! I am clicking the thanks button, everyone else feel free to click a thanks like for me since I asked! 📲 Phone Guy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, vista1967 said:

Hello, I managed to install bare metal and everything (almost everything works) startup schedule doesn't work, it shuts down no problem at the time I scheduled but later won't start? Same setup works fine with 1.04b and dsm 6.2.3-25426-3 for boot schedule as expected.

I installed new version DSM 7.1-42661 (DS918+) I still have the same problem, boot schedule not working. I know I can do via bios, but I can't program every Monday for example in my bios (cm. Msi H110M), I can only choose a specific date not very convenient. if anyone has a solution ?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Ps: sorry for translation i use google translate :)

Hi, boot schedule relays on special syno hardware which we don’t have yet.

1 hour ago, Bose321 said:

Does this also work for Unraid? I have made a build but the shutdown commands do not work. Also Virtio and Virtio-net drivers do not work for ethernet. They did before without extensions strange enough. Now using e1000e but the speed reported in DSM is way off, it always reports 500mb/s or 15gb/s or crazy speeds like that.

I am using E1000 drivers in proxmox, setting as E1000 as its the only one that lets me in to the ip.

I tried E1000e alone and that doesnt work. I have to check again if only e1000 is needed, or both e1000/e1000e