XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

The "RedPill TinyCore Loader Installation Guide for DSM 7.0.1 Bare Metal" has been approved to be listed as a separate topic in the "Tutorials and Guides" section.

Please forget about the postupdate action, which is the transition action in the middle.
@pocopico agreed to this.

Guide to Two Step Update (TSU) that has been built more than once
Based on the approved guide,
I'll upload it as the second guide.

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Like 1

@dolbycattold me how to use the REALTEK USB LAN card, so I'm sharing it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NIC is a USB 2.5G LAN. The 2.5G environment is not yet available, so the speed is meaningless, but it works well.

https://github.com/bb-qq/r8152/releases

For DS920+
r8152-geminilake-2.15.0-5.spk
I applied the file and did it as below.

sudo install -m 4755 -o root -D /var/packages/r8152/target/r8152/spk_su /opt/sbin/spk_su

Hi guys,

After a lot of activities and posting here recently about migrating to version 7.1, I now have a quick question. What is the best way to upgrade my ds3622xsp(Baremetal on HP Microserver Gen8) , which is running on 7.01, to broadwellnk-7.1.0-42621 ? Thanks in advance for the support ! 

30 minutes ago, zahni said:

Hi guys,

After a lot of activities and posting here recently about migrating to version 7.1, I now have a quick question. What is the best way to upgrade my ds3622xsp(Baremetal on HP Microserver Gen8) , which is running on 7.01, to broadwellnk-7.1.0-42621 ? Thanks in advance for the support ! 

Here's the tutorial your looking for

My personal experience was using dsm701, manual update to 7.1-42661 from synology, on the reboot press down arrow on keyboard to load back to TC and complete the 2 build upgrade process linked by peter suh.. worked for me first try

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phone guy said:

Here's the tutorial your looking for

My personal experience was using dsm701, manual update to 7.1-42661 from synology, on the reboot press down arrow on keyboard to load back to TC and complete the 2 build upgrade process linked by peter suh.. worked for me first try

Good luck

Hi @phone guy,

Thanks a lot for your Response. I'll try it out soon.  

Edited by zahni

On 4/9/2022 at 7:46 PM, Peter Suh said:

The second NIC is not an onboard type, but an external USB type NIC.
I have the same model
There have been no successful cases of REALTEK USB NIC
I tried to use it, but I failed.
It seems like the driver needs to be modified, but only @pocopico can solve it.

Found a solution to getting ReakTek USB lan adapters to work. My onboard 2nd NIC port.

It seems we were fighting against dsm removing that function of supporting usb lan adapters, not having the correct r8152 driver at build. It required a modified r8152 driver that will load and run in dsm7 with its restrictions in place. This guy figured it out, and my second nic port worked immediately. though it still shows it default mac and not mac2= in user_config.json, I do not how to change its mac, if anyone can help with that.

https://github.com/bb-qq/r8152/releases

he has instruction, basically get his file in the right folder and presto, my second nic port eth1 internal but obviously on the usb bus not the pci bus. Instantly worked...

@pocopico needs to add this in the package building, that way it will just work on build. @IG-88 tried to help me with this too, so I hope he gets the chance to see it working and hopefully get it included in the next release or at least an easy add ext command.

@Jizar Stoffel method didnt work for me, but this method did.

ds918 apollolake dsm7.1-42661 works no issues.

Thank you all for the help.

• Like 1

Hello. I'm trying to install 7.1.0-42661 DS3615xs, clean install, bare metal on lga775 Q9950.
Use this method :

./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

./rploader.sh serialgen DS3615xs

./rploader.sh identifyusb now

./rploader.sh satamap now

./rploader.sh build bromolow-7.0.1-42218

./rploader.sh clean now

./rploader.sh build bromolow-7.1.0-42661

./rploader.sh clean now;  rm -rf /mnt/sdb3/auxfiles;  rm -rf /home/tc/custom-module;  ./rploader.sh backup now;

Everything goes well, however, after installing and trying to connect to the web, "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found." and turns off.

7.0.1-42218 - installs and works without problems.

Can someone help ?

33 minutes ago, totikk said:

Hello. I'm trying to install 7.1.0-42661 DS3615xs, clean install, bare metal on lga775 Q9950.
Use this method :

./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh clean now

./rploader.sh clean now;  rm -rf /mnt/sdb3/auxfiles;  rm -rf /home/tc/custom-module;  ./rploader.sh backup now;

Everything goes well, however, after installing and trying to connect to the web, "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found." and turns off.

7.0.1-42218 - installs and works without problems.

Can someone help ?

did the redpill-misc got auto included ? if not you should add it.

I finally got my ethernet adapter to work on Unraid. However, now I am struggling with the disks to work. I've got the loader as a USB, and got one virtual SATA disk. When I run lspci -nnq I see 1 SATA controller with 6 disks (which is weird?). I've set my virtual disk as first one. When I run the satamap I get these values:

SataPortMap=6
DiskIdxMap=00

Those seem logical but it gets stuck on 55% when installing. How can I retrieve the correct values? I don't really understand how/why the controller returns there are 6 disks. Should I try 1 and 00?

15 minutes ago, pocopico said:

did the redpill-misc got auto included ? if not you should add it.

No, it didtn't.

at what step should I do this, and can you write this command in full, with the repository address.
Unfortunately, I have very little knowledge of Linux.

Thank you

2 minutes ago, totikk said:

No, it didtn't.

at what step should I do this, and can you write this command in full, with the repository address.
Unfortunately, I have very little knowledge of Linux.

Thank you

before executing build you can use 

./rploader.sh ext <platform> add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-misc/rpext-index.json

• Like 1

One additional point when I add the acpid extension via: ./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json

I receive the following error at the end of the build process:

[-] The extension jumkey.acpid2 was found. However, the extension index has no recipe for ds3622xsp_42661 platform. It may not be
[-] supported on that platform, or author didn't updated it for that platform yet. You can try running
[-] "ext-manager.sh update" to refresh indexes for all extensions manually. Below are the currently known information about
[-] the extension stored locally:

[-] Failed to update recipe for jumkey.acpid2 extension for platform ds3622xsp_42661. The script will terminate as you do not
[-] have previously downloaded recipe which can be used if download fails. Try again later. If problem
[-] persists contact the extension packer for support (displayed below)

@pocopico should the url parameter point to your repo?

50 minutes ago, pocopico said:

you can use 

It doesn't help.

I do so:

./rploader.sh update now
./rploader.sh ext bromolow-7.0.1-42218 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-misc/rpext-index.json
./rploader.sh clean now
./rploader.sh ext bromolow-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-misc/rpext-index.json

// at this stage it says extantion exist, and continuing building 7.1.0-42661 //

sudo reboot

then install DSM with no errors, and after reboot "Page you looking for is not found" and immediately sutdown

syno.JPG

6 minutes ago, Dreadnought said:

One additional point when I add the acpid extension via: ./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json

I receive the following error at the end of the build process:

[-] The extension jumkey.acpid2 was found. However, the extension index has no recipe for ds3622xsp_42661 platform. It may not be
[-] supported on that platform, or author didn't updated it for that platform yet. You can try running
[-] "ext-manager.sh update" to refresh indexes for all extensions manually. Below are the currently known information about
[-] the extension stored locally:

[-] Failed to update recipe for jumkey.acpid2 extension for platform ds3622xsp_42661. The script will terminate as you do not
[-] have previously downloaded recipe which can be used if download fails. Try again later. If problem
[-] persists contact the extension packer for support (displayed below)

@pocopico should the url parameter point to your repo?

10 minutes ago, Dreadnought said:

https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-virtio/rpext-index.json

@pocopico it looks like here within the /rpext-index.json is a syntax error at the end of the file:

<<<<<<< HEAD

=======

>>>>>>> develop

Could you maybe check this?

Check both, fixed i think

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, pocopico said:

Check both, fixed i think

@pocopico could you please also correct the url parameter for https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-virtio/rpext-index.json

Here I get the same error like for acpid2 before. acpid2 looks great now.

UPDATE: @pocopico thanks for your fix, now the build process is working

Edited by Dreadnought
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, totikk said:

It doesn't help.

I do so:

./rploader.sh update now
./rploader.sh ext bromolow-7.0.1-42218 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-misc/rpext-index.json
./rploader.sh clean now
./rploader.sh ext bromolow-7.1.0-42661 add https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-misc/rpext-index.json

// at this stage it says extantion exist, and continuing building 7.1.0-42661 //

sudo reboot

then install DSM with no errors, and after reboot "Page you looking for is not found" and immediately sutdown

syno.JPG

I had the same error with you. How many network cards do you have? is it Baremetal or vm?

Sorry for my English by Google.

I am having problems with the loaders generated with TC in virtual with virtualbox.
For example, with the 918+ loader I have no problems when I try the loader in baremetal (asrock j1900), if I try it in virtualbox (Gigabyte P55A-UD3R Xeon X3470) it doesn't assign me an ip. With other models, DVA3221 or 3615xs, I can't get the network card to assign me an IP either. In the 918+ loader I have the driver for the intel e1000e, in the dva3221 loader I also have the same e1000e driver but it doesn't work, I don't see the device on my router.

Do you know what I can look to find the problem?

Regards, and thank you very much.

Edited by SirNoish

1 hour ago, ditheo said:

I had the same error with you. How many network cards do you have? is it Baremetal or vm?

Baremetal. It's Asus P5Q-E motherboard with integrated 2 LAN adapters

I don't think it's related to network cards. I tried disabling each of them in the BIOS. And after installing the DSM, there is access to it.

Edited by totikk

3 hours ago, Dreadnought said:

@pocopico could you please also correct the url parameter for https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-load/raw/master/redpill-virtio/rpext-index.json

Here I get the same error like for acpid2 before. acpid2 looks great now.

UPDATE: @pocopico thanks for your fix, now the build process is working

I was able to create the loader and install DSM 7.1-42661 (including redpill-misc extension) but I have still the shutdown issue.

Edited by Dreadnought

1 hour ago, totikk said:

Baremetal. It's Asus P5Q-E motherboard with integrated 2 LAN adapters

I don't think it's related to network cards. I tried disabling each of them in the BIOS. And after installing the DSM, there is access to it.

22 minutes ago, Dreadnought said:

I was able to create the loader and install DSM 7.1-42661 (including redpill-misc extension) but I have still the shutdown issue.

and then go to /usr/syno/lib/systemd/scripts

give command : sudo ./syno-kernel-modules-load.sh

That I ran to my proxmox and the problem is gone. See if you can solve with this temporary solution

2 minutes ago, ditheo said:

and then go to /usr/syno/lib/systemd/scripts

give command : sudo ./syno-kernel-modules-load.sh

That I ran to my proxmox and the problem is gone. See if you can solve with this temporary solution

I am testing on a barematel device without serial