XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

5 minutes ago, ditheo said:

I tried to upgrade a proxmox ds3622xs+ first with postupgrade , then the second method with fullupgrade from @Peter Suh post. Both of them seems to install fine but After about 2 minutes the vm shutdown itself with the this 

Stopped Check malware and execute rc.local

What i did wrong?

You need the redpill-misc extension. If you have serial or ssh connection to the DSM you can edit manually :

/lib/modules-load.d/70-cpufreq-kernel.conf

and comment or remove the line that start with acpi 

• Like 2

@pocopico

maybe you can help me before I have to wipe my whole system.

My Installation is very strange after updating to official 7.1

The Storage Manager is missing i can’t create users. System doesnt Show Serial Number…SSH is Not activateable…

Maybe i have to reinstall because of corrupt Installation of the Update…

maybe a known issue…?

Well I successfully migrated from 6.2 to 7.0.  Then tried to go to 7.1.  I used both the postupdate method and the "two step" method, but neither worked.  The 'two step" method got pretty far, but the system shut down/crashed as the install was just finishing.  I tried 3 or 4 times.

Question is...  if I go back to 7.0.1 or 6.2.3...  is it true I will have to wipe my disks, because the migration to 7.0.1 was successful?  I'm afraid that perhaps even a 7.0.1 loader won't work because the 7.1 install ran on for about 9 minutes before crashing.  Please advise.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Well I successfully migrated from 6.2 to 7.0.  Then tried to go to 7.1.  I used both the postupdate method and the "two step" method, but neither worked.  The 'two step" method got pretty far, but the system shut down/crashed as the install was just finishing.  I tried 3 or 4 times.

Question is...  if I go back to 7.0.1 or 6.2.3...  is it true I will have to wipe my disks, because the migration to 7.0.1 was successful?  I'm afraid that perhaps even a 7.0.1 loader won't work because the 7.1 install ran on for about 9 minutes before crashing.  Please advise.

See my previous post 

33 minutes ago, Kaneske said:

@pocopico

maybe you can help me before I have to wipe my whole system.

My Installation is very strange after updating to official 7.1

The Storage Manager is missing i can’t create users. System doesnt Show Serial Number…SSH is Not activateable…

Maybe i have to reinstall because of corrupt Installation of the Update…

maybe a known issue…?

That is indeed strange. What is the platform you are using ? 

33 minutes ago, pocopico said:

See my previous post 

Assuming you meant your previous post where you advised leaving disks as is.....

So I created a 3622xs+ 7.0.1-4etc loader from scratch using this guide

./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

./rploader.sh serialgen DS3622xs+

./rploader.sh identifyusb DS3622xs+
./rploader.sh satamap now 

./rploader.sh backup now

./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218

Boots... then the installer won't allow the 7.0.1 .pat file.  Specifies 7.1 42661 or later.  So I download and click next.  Tries to migrate.... reboots.   Then says recover.  Proceeded with recover for about 15 minutes, the comes back to "recoverable" in assistant.  Somehow I don't think it is recoverable?

6 hours ago, RedCat said:

I can fix the 2% problem. But if i try upgrade 6.2.3 to 7.0.1 on proxmox, then the upgrade stop at 70%. If i try 6.2.3 to 6.2.4, then it go to 100%, and restart the VM. I install rp 6.2.4 loader on VM, but dont boot the xpenology... Help me pls

I don't know how, I am sorry. I have personally done migrations on real synology hardware (dsm624 to dsm701), it just simply works.  My limited time with xpenology has had the same results... once you get the rp build right it just works... If you are testing using a completely different vm as I suggested, at least you know you can always continue to keep your work dsm623 without fear of data loss, at least until you resolve the issue or someone else chimes in.

Someone with more experience will have to inject some suggestion.  I will restate again, using a test vm I cant see why a direct upgrade from dsm623, to dsm701 (easier) using official pat, inside dsm, then on the required reboot, load your test vm with the working proper rp701 loader and it should boot right into dsm701. Others have done the same thing.

19 minutes ago, Badger said:

Assuming you meant your previous post where you advised leaving disks as is.....

So I created a 3622xs+ 7.0.1-4etc loader from scratch using this guide

./rploader.sh update now

./rploader.sh fullupgrade now

./rploader.sh serialgen DS3622xs+

./rploader.sh identifyusb DS3622xs+
./rploader.sh satamap now 

./rploader.sh backup now

./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218

Boots... then the installer won't allow the 7.0.1 .pat file.  Specifies 7.1 42661 or later.  So I download and click next.  Tries to migrate.... reboots.   Then says recover.  Proceeded with recover for about 15 minutes, the comes back to "recoverable" in assistant.  Somehow I don't think it is recoverable?

I think he meant to comment out the acpi lines

6 hours ago, IG-88 said:

drivers are not one big package that is all present in rp loader, every driver is a single extension that needs to be added, in your case r8152

it look like as if the driver is not present/loaded in 7.x (lsusb only shows the hardware but no loaded driver for it)

if the extension is not added then it needs to be added manually to the loader

I have tried to add the r8152 driver during the build process, but everytime it gives a red error that the package is already added and the process will end (or something to that effect) either I am not doing it right, or something...  ?

Is there a way to force add it on a working system like with postupdate or something? What would be the correct syntax ?

Edited by phone guy

Il y a 1 heure, pocopico a dit :

Increase RAM size on the VM. Tinycore uses about 80% of the RAM size for its root partition.

On usb stick of 8Gb sde3 is only 800Mb...

With Mini Partition tool free you can easely up size of sde3 because when the img is write on your stick you have lot of free space analoued

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doud said:

On usb stick of 8Gb sde3 is only 800Mb...

With Mini Partition tool free you can easely up size of sde3 because when the img is write on your stick you have lot of free space analoued

TC extracts to ram every time it boots so some partitions are based on the ram size and not based on the usb stick that the image is on. 

Edited by cferra

1 hour ago, Kaneske said:

3622xs+

worked flawlessly wit RC 7.1

Now I can only access my Data, copying meanwhile.

But the whole OS look borked.

Basics missing and functions won’t activate.

Reinstall possible?

Sure. Its possible to force re-install.

While at GRUB , in the linux line you can add force_junior at the end of the line. Then you will end up in DSM GUI to reinstall. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pocopico said:

You need the redpill-misc extension. If you have serial or ssh connection to the DSM you can edit manually :

/lib/modules-load.d/70-cpufreq-kernel.conf

and comment or remove the line that start with acpi 

I have added the Redhill misc ext already and I check that was commented out already.  I found that the shutdown process run when I try to reach the web page

19 minutes ago, Kaneske said:

Oh cool option @pocopico I will see if I can find it…

Is it like pressing Spacebar or so as Hackintosh Loader behave like or how do I get to these Boot-Args?

You press e while at GRUB then you move the cursor to the Linux line you hit end to go toe the end of line, you add the force_junior and you press F10

its a sync feature, probably there to force recovery 

10 minutes ago, ditheo said:

I have added the Redhill misc ext already and I check that was commented out already.  I found that the shutdown process run when I try to reach the web page

Then you have another prerequisite process that fails at boot. You can check and fix accordingly, with systemctl list-units --failed 

1 hour ago, phone guy said:

I have tried to add the r8152 driver during the build process, but everytime it gives a red error that the package is already added and the process will end (or something to that effect) either I am not doing it right, or something...  ?

Is there a way to force add it on a working system like with postupdate or something? What would be the correct syntax ?

i'd say check the result, if its already installed then after finishing with tinycore the custom.gz (1st partiton of the loader) should contain the extension and if thats ok start dsm and ckeck if the driver is present and check the log about the driver (maybe is trying to load but there is a error), if the driver is present you can also try to load it with insmod and check the result in the log and with lsusb

42 minutes ago, loveburn said:

Guys, today all integrated Intel NICs are supported in DSM?

there is definitely no support for intel 2.5G nic (driver "igc") because its only supported in kernel 5.x and synology uses 4.x (intel does not support older kernels with a driver)

1G and 10 G should work in general and if not it should be possible to make newer driver from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/files/

• Like 1

Ok I kicked off a test just now for DS918+ ixgbevf

The script runs fine but it doesn't find an ip when I reboot. 

I examined the results

sudo ./rploader.sh build apollolake-7.0.1-42218 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/ixgbevf/rpext-index.json

when the script loads the extension

[#] Extension name: ixgbe
[#] Description: Adds Intel(R) 10GbE PCI Express Linux Network Driver Support
[#] To get help visit: <todo>
[#] Extension preparer/packer: https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/tree/main/ixgb e
[#] Software author: https://github.com/pocopico
[#] Update URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/ixgbe/r pext-index.json

is this the correct extension for version ixgbevf?

on github it shows

"id": "pocopico.ixgbevf",

"url": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/ixgbevf/rpext-index.json",

"info": {

"name": "ixgbevf",

"description": "Adds Intel(R) 10 Gigabit Virtual Function Network Driver Support",

"author_url": "https://github.com/pocopico",

"packer_url": "https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/tree/main/ixgbevf",

"help_url": "<todo>"

This show Vitual but I'm testing bare metal ....

Edited by RacerX

12 минуты назад, IG-88 сказал:

there is definitely no support for intel 2.5G nic (driver "igc") because its only supported in kernel 5.x and synology uses 4.x (intel does not support older kernels with a driver)

1G and 10 G should work in general and if not it should be possible to make newer driver from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/files/

When I tried install dsm 6.2.3 u3 via juns 1.04 loader, integrated i219v not be working...., It's work after using your extra lzma build...

But in my ASRock z370m itx-ac with built-in 2 nic (i219v and 211t) two nic worked from the box.... I don't know why))) but in Asus I must be use your extra lzma pack)

1 hour ago, pocopico said:

Then you have another prerequisite process that fails at boot. You can check and fix accordingly, with systemctl list-units --failed 

The units that are failed is

Postgresql

Synomount usb fs

Synoindex check package service

Synoinit eth

System modules load service

Also after the first build of 42218 version when I clean the files the user-config.json is also reset to default. (But it does not affect the rest process,  I re-run the serial Gen command and it holds the new serial)

I tried to run with usb option and it fails on 55% , I have to compile again with other sata options