XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

50 minutes ago, scoobdriver said:

Got it , Thanks . !! , trying to re-read the threads as may change from DS3615xs to DS3622xs . 

It looks like I need to somehow stop internet access during the build ? Is that still correct ? 

Thanks ! 

I understand that there is no longer an issue of having to cut off the Internet to remove the phenomenon of stopping at 55% of DSM installations.

• Like 1

Hi,

I successfully migrate my Gen10 Plus (Xeon E-2224) with redpill and Tinycore.

I used loader for DS3622XS & DSM 7.0.1, and choose to migrate my data. (I came from DS3617XS and dsm 6.2.3)

Everything was smooth and i didn't loose anything.

I can confirm also that with DS3622XS,i can see my 4 CPU Core (insteed of 1 with 3615XS & 918+)

Great job guys ! Many thanks !

Note : I blocked Internet during setup/Migration but maybe not needed anymore.

Edited by sebg35
  • Like 3

Hi All,

I just have made a successfully Baremetal migration from my HP Microserver GEN 8 version DS3615xs (broadwell-7.0.1-42218)  to DS3617xs (broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218) without any issues inclusive settings and data's

To make sure , that the migration will not destroy my data's and settings I have made a test with old harddisks before. 

The only thing to be adapted after the migration, was the logical LAN apdapter setting from DHCP to fix address. 

Many thanks to @pocopico and all active community members for this great project !!! 

Screenshot 2022-02-23 181815.png

Edited by zahni
  • Like 2

After running the ds918+ off the 0.4.4 image on Proxmox 7 for flawlessly for about a month now, the DSM VM spontaneously started to crash numerous times, over the last 12 hours.

I see improper shutdown messages on the DSM log. On the host nothing unusual on the syslog or dmesg.

I can’t remember to have done anything to the environment and am absolutely clueless about where to start troubleshooting. 

Please help 🙏

Edited by synoxpe

4 hours ago, synoxpe said:

After running the ds918+ off the 0.4.4 image on Proxmox 7 for flawlessly for about a month now, the DSM VM spontaneously started to crash numerous times, over the last 12 hours.

I see improper shutdown messages on the DSM log. On the host nothing unusual on the syslog or dmesg.

I can’t remember to have done anything to the environment and am absolutely clueless about where to start troubleshooting. 

Please help 🙏

Why don't you update to the final version of 0.4.5.1?
Please proceed when asking for an online update to 0.4.5.1 in version 0.4.5 distribution.
Is it only using built-in SATA without HBA?

Edited by Peter Suh

1 hour ago, Peter Suh said:

Why don't you update to the final version of 0.4.5.1?
Please proceed when asking for an online update to 0.4.5.1 in version 0.4.5 distribution.
Is it only using built-in SATA without HBA?

Thanks much for responding @Peter Suh

I’ve passed the entire HBA PCI controller to the VM which has been working perfectly so far.

Regarding the upgrade to 0.4.5.1, I need to download the new image right? Or the existing 0.4.4 image can be upgraded using rploader update (after clean)?

35 minutes ago, synoxpe said:

Thanks much for responding @Peter Suh

I’ve passed the entire HBA PCI controller to the VM which has been working perfectly so far.

Regarding the upgrade to 0.4.5.1, I need to download the new image right? Or the existing 0.4.4 image can be upgraded using rploader update (after clean)?

You can run update, but i find it better to just download the new img and flash. 

• Like 2

Great Great work @pocopico Thank you a ton for all your time you invested into this project.

I was able to upgrade my HP Z800 running Jun Loader DSM 6.2.3 to DSM7.0.1 in under 20 mins.

All I have to do was just burn the loader image into the USB and rest all was a breeze.

I remember I had to spend a few hour when I initially installed DSM using Jun's loader but this was so smooth and seamless :)

I kept all my settings and data intact.

Thanks a lot :)

• Like 2

@micgo Check the used network interface. Some friend of mine has the same issue and changed to an intel network card and this error has gone.

He used the Synology tool to install and therre the info regarding the network comes up.

Additional, install with only 1 test hdd to make sure it is running before adding more hdd

regards

Edited by calimero

On 2/23/2022 at 6:51 PM, Orphée said:

I did not need to stop internet, but maybe because I have real SN/Mac I don't know, did not test with generated SN/MAC.

I didn't have the real SN I used the command to generate one and I didn't have any issue so for me no need to remove it from Internet.

Hello,

I am trying to compile a RedPill loader with the latest 0.4.5 build available but I am facing the issue that the NIC is not recognized.

It's strange because I am using Proxmox and in the latest 0.4.4 virtio NIC drivers were embedded.

If I type the command ./rploader ext broadwellnk-7.0.1-41228 auto, the NIC is detected but without any relevant module.

I have tried with vmxnet3 and E1000 without success.

Is anyone having the same issue?

Loading kmod #0 "scsi_transport_sas.ko" for pocopico.hpsa (args: )

[   20.106276] scsi_transport_sas: exports duplicate symbol sas_attach_transport (owned by kernel)

[   20.116325] scsi_transport_sas: exports duplicate symbol sas_attach_transport (owned by kernel)

insmod: can't insert 'scsi_transport_sas.ko': invalid module format

ERROR: kernel extensions "scsi_transport_sas.ko" from pocopico.hpsa failed to load

Exit on error [99] rp ext init exec failure...

Fri Feb 25 08:10:18 UTC 2022

@pocopico , bother you. There is similar error with hpsa ext module in DS3617xs 7.0.1-42218. Looks like because there is a scsi_transport_sas.ko have been loaded by kernel before the hpsa module.

There is also a compatible problem with r8168 ext module. Below is error msg:

Loading kmod #0 "r8168.ko" for pocopico.r8168 (args: )

[   20.078866] r8168: Unknown rela relocation: 4

[   20.083481] r8168: Unknown rela relocation: 4

insmod: can't insert 'r8168.ko': invalid module format

ERROR: kernel extensions "r8168.ko" from pocopico.r8168 failed to load

Exit on error [99] rp ext init exec failure...

Edited by recoco