XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

Just now, gquiring said:

I really screwed myself now.  One of the tips for the boot issue was to remove the CMOS battery.  Well I tried and managed to break the battery holder off the surface mount board!  I tried soldering it back but the solder pad is gone, it came off with the holder.  

PXL_20220111_173115793.MP.jpg

WoW ! you've got more fun work ahead ... try patching with a cable to the next hop. 

29 minutes ago, AmiroGarry said:

legacy mode is no longer available on the latest motherboards. (B460 Pro4 for example). This is my problem at the time

While at GRUB you can edit the menu entry. Where it says (hd0,msdos3) you can modify to (hd1,msdos3) or (hd2,msdos3) etc until you find the correct disk.

pocopico this is fantastic work!

So I'm trying to throw 4 cores at this in proxmox.  I've generated a DS3617xs serial using serialgen.
I'm running the build using the bromolow-7.0.1-42218.  Upon boot she thinks she is a DS3615xs with 2 cores.
What am I missing to boot as a 3617?

Edited by Invaliduser

I got things working on a VM and super impressed to i'm trying things on a physical machine which is an older optiplex 790

I've done the satamap now and it shows 6 disks which does seem right but i'm getting the "Something went wrong" error.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

image.thumb.png.1e474eab18b3a7a269cbba5d944e74c6.png

image.thumb.png.a56904329b4113e645dd4edaed8407d2.png