XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

there seems to be a mistake in the script?  You can't call any of the commands because you made a check for 2 arguments.. 

if [ $# -lt 2 ] ; then
    showhelp
    exit 99
fi

It will always show the help when using eg:  

./rploader.sh backup 

./rploader.sh satamap

./rploader.sh identifyusb

etc... 

I changed it to 

if [ $# -lt 1 ] ; then
    showhelp
    exit 99
fi

or am i missing something here?

10 minutes ago, Err0r said:

there seems to be a mistake in the script?  You can't call any of the commands because you made a check for 2 arguments.. 

if [ $# -lt 2 ] ; then
    showhelp
    exit 99
fi

It will always show the help when using eg:  

./rploader.sh backup 

./rploader.sh satamap

./rploader.sh identifyusb

etc... 

I changed it to 

if [ $# -lt 1 ] ; then
    showhelp
    exit 99
fi

or am i missing something here?

thats the reason why we always add “now” after these commands. It’s also a placeholder for a future addition. 

9 hours ago, pocopico said:

thats the reason why we always add “now” after these commands. It’s also a placeholder for a future addition. 

ahh sorry.. i missed that in the help :D maybe add that "now" with an example in the help.. i totally forgot about that.

ive added a new function to mount a smb share from tinycore.. could be handy to use it as a work folder to copy the loader.img to after build and pat etc.. u need to install cifs-utils.  could be some better bash code.. its a bit rusty :D

function mountshare(){

echo "smb user of the share, leave empty when you do not want to use one"
    read -r user

echo "smb password of the share, leave empty when you do not want to use one"
    read -r password

if [ -n "$user" ] && [ -z "$password" ]; then
        echo "u used a username, so we need a password too"
        echo "smb password of the share"
        read -r password
    fi

echo "smb host ip or hostname"
    read -r server

echo "smb shared folder. Start always with /"
    read -r share

echo "local mount folder. Use foldername for the mount. This folder is created in /home/tc (default:/home/tc/mount)"
    read -r mountpoint

if [ -z "$mountpoint" ] ; then
        echo "use /home/tc/mount folder, nothing was entered to use so we use the default folder"
        mountpoint="/home/tc/mount"

if [ ! -d "$mountpoint" ]; then
            sudo mkdir -p "$mountpoint"
        fi
    else 
        sudo mkdir -p "$mountpoint"
    fi

if [ -n "$user" ] && [ -n "$password" ]; then
        sudo mount.cifs "//$server$share" "$mountpoint" -o user="$user",pass="$password"
    else
        echo "No user/password given, mount without. Press enter"
        sudo mount.cifs "//$server$share" "$mountpoint"
    fi
}

mountshare)
		mountshare	
		;;

use:

./rploader.sh mountshare now

Edited by Err0r
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, AmiroGarry said:

Hello,

is it possible that someone uploads the new loader for DSM7. I don't have Linux on my desktops PC.

Thanks

Alex

Nope, download virtualbox and use VM into your desktop pc, it need only 2 gbyte to compile loader 
Forum rules denied uploading loader.

Edited by Aigor

so i tried the usbidentify and it seems to work but hangs on this line:

usbdevice="$usbdev  `grep -B 10 -A 10 $usbdev /tmp/lsusb.out | grep iProduct | awk '{print $3}'` Serial Number : `grep -B 10 -A 10 $usbdev /tmp/lsusb.out | grep iSerial | awk '{print $3}'`"

I commented that line because above that line you have the same statement in the else block. Now the script continues. It seems that when you have 2 sticks it should not matter becuase you have the select loop for that.. 

if [ `echo $vendorid | wc -w` -gt 1 ] ; then
	echo "Found more than one USB disk devices, please select which one is your loader on"
		usbvendor=$(for item in $vendorid  ; do grep $item /tmp/lsusb.out |awk '{print $3}';done)
	select usbdev in $usbvendor
	do
		vendorid=`grep -B 10 -A 10 $usbdev /tmp/lsusb.out |grep idVendor | grep $usbdev |awk '{print $2}'`
		productid=`grep -B 10 -A 10 $usbdev /tmp/lsusb.out | grep -A 1 idVendor  | grep idProduct |  awk '{print $2}'`
		echo "Selected Device : $usbdev , with VendorID: $vendorid and ProductID: $productid"
		break
	done
else
	usbdevice="`grep iManufacturer /tmp/lsusb.out | awk '{print $3}'` `grep iProduct /tmp/lsusb.out | awk '{print $3}' ` SerialNumber: `grep iSerial /tmp/lsusb.out | awk '{print $3}'`"
fi

• Like 1

I tried to copy over the files to the ESXI vm with the tiny core but every time i try to run the rploader.sh it keeps saying its not found but when i ls it shows 

i used win scp to transfer over the rploader.sh and config files even te vmdk file also tried to run chmd +x on the rpoader.sh 

if i for Ex do sudo ./rploader.sh serialgen DS3615xs now or sudo ./rploader.sh update now it constantly spit back unable to execpute no such file or directory 

24 minutes ago, sojab0on said:

I tried to copy over the files to the ESXI vm with the tiny core but every time i try to run the rploader.sh it keeps saying its not found but when i ls it shows 

i used win scp to transfer over the rploader.sh and config files even te vmdk file also tried to run chmd +x on the rpoader.sh 

if i for Ex do sudo ./rploader.sh serialgen DS3615xs now or sudo ./rploader.sh update now it constantly spit back unable to execpute no such file or directory 

I found out today that on one of my test vms the third partition was not having the correct file system size and I was having similar file system issues. I will recreate the images tomorrow. You can retry after that. 

short question: Is there a way to build the image for a UEFI BIOS. Am I doing something wrong? With VM normal BIOS it works, but not with UEFI on the final server.

My Server is a Intel Core i3 10100T there is no Option for standard Bios

Edited by AmiroGarry

50 minutes ago, AmiroGarry said:

short question: Is there a way to build the image for a UEFI BIOS. Am I doing something wrong? With VM normal BIOS it works, but not with UEFI on the final server.

My Server is a Intel Core i3 10100T there is no Option for standard Bios

I noticed that the disk enumeration on UEFI differs from legacy BIOS. I will have to check. 

I downloaded tinycore-redpill.v0.4.4.img.gz and unzipped the image.  I used Rufus 3.17 with standard options to make the USB stick.

I had to enable UEFI for this to boot.  I get a message to press a key to skip startup.nsh.  I am at shell prompt.  The ./rploader.sh command is not recognized.  The error is not recognized as an internal or external command.

30 minutes ago, gquiring said:

I downloaded tinycore-redpill.v0.4.4.img.gz and unzipped the image.  I used Rufus 3.17 with standard options to make the USB stick.

I had to enable UEFI for this to boot.  I get a message to press a key to skip startup.nsh.  I am at shell prompt.  The ./rploader.sh command is not recognized.  The error is not recognized as an internal or external command.

Hm, i have to look at this again i think. Last time i've checked it was booting fine.

Edited by pocopico

29 minutes ago, gquiring said:

Maybe try to write it with win32diskimager  also, u could try a usb 2.0 port? If everything works you should boot into tinycore it seems you arent even getting in tinycore..

It should look like this: 

https://xpenology.club/install-dsm-7-on-baremetal-or-vm/

ps. If your usb disk is ******* then clean it with diskpart and create a new parttion with windows.

- run cmd as admin

- diskpart

- list disk (check your usb disk number)

- sel disk (your disk number)

- clean

create a new partition with diskmanager of windows.. 

3 minutes ago, Err0r said:

Maybe try to write it with win32diskimager  also, u could try a usb 2.0 port? If everything works you should boot into tinycore it seems you arent even getting in tinycore..

It should look like this: 

https://xpenology.club/install-dsm-7-on-baremetal-or-vm/

ps. If your usb disk is ******* then clean it with diskpart and create a new parttion with windows.

- run cmd as admin

- diskpart

- list disk (check your usb disk number)

- sel disk (your disk number)

- clean

create a new partition with diskmanager of windows.. 

This is what I am seeing, USB 2 port

PXL_20220111_162318904.MP.jpg

Just now, gquiring said:

This is what I am seeing, USB 2 port

PXL_20220111_162318904.MP.jpg

hrmm.. U cant use the ./rploader command there.. u first need to boot into linux (tinycore)  Make the image with win32diskimager pls.. when you get the same error, you should enable CMS and try legacy boot in bios.

3 minutes ago, Err0r said:

hrmm.. U cant use the ./rploader command there.. u first need to boot into linux (tinycore)  Make the image with win32diskimager pls.. when you get the same error, you should enable CMS and try legacy boot in bios.

I tried win32diskimage, same issue.  This is my BIOS screen.  

PXL_20220111_163438962.jpg