XPEnology Community

3617xs DSM 6.2 on newly built NAS doesn't connect to network

Sapan

Question

Hello! I am new to posting on Xpeonology, so I apologize if I am posting this question in wrong section.

I was using Xpenology 3617xs DSM 6.2 on AMD laptop until 2 weeks ago and decided to build new NAS system as my fan was dying on laptop.

I went with Intel Core i3 10105 cpu and MSI B560M Pro MB as it has 6 SATA. I took my HDD from laptop and USB stick that I was using, tried to boot it on the new system, but that didn't work. It did boot (I think) and showed me the same screen as it would on laptop, but I couldn't connect it to network. My router light for the LAN port where I had it connected was red too.

So after doing some research, it seemed I needed to load LAN drivers - so I loaded Windows 10 on my new PC and installed driver. Then booted from USB stick, and same result - it did boot but not able to connect or found using Synology Assistant. This time LED on the router was white and not red but I couldn't find the system in the attached devices section of the router either. I repeated the process with old HDD that I was using on laptop, I tried fresh HDD and I also tried remaking USB - all with no luck. For some reason I can't find my system.

I would appreciate any help/guidance on this.

This is what I am running:

Intel Core i3 10105 (10th gen)

MSI B560M Pro motherboard

2x 8GB DDR4 3200MHz ram

All are new parts and I was able to load windows 10 successfully on it.

3 answers to this question

On 12/28/2021 at 9:03 AM, pocopico said:

Have a look here : 

Hi pocopico,

Thanks! I was able to understand the problem. I tried to download the extra.lzma file with additional loaders but it seems that the link has expired. I couldn't find that file in other posts either unfortunately, would you happen to have the file?

9 hours ago, Sapan said:

Hi pocopico,

Thanks! I was able to understand the problem. I tried to download the extra.lzma file with additional loaders but it seems that the link has expired. I couldn't find that file in other posts either unfortunately, would you happen to have the file?

Hi, no unfortunately not. You may want to check with @IG-88 first