XPEnology Community

Shutting itself down randomly

goga

So i got XPEnology and all that stuff working and it worked for a week or so, and randomly it just shuts down by itself, when im using it from another place than my home,

I am using a Dell optiplex 740 SMALL FORM FACTOR if that helps. I also have a dual usb dock for hdd (https://www.avxperten.dk/harddisk-kabin ... k-dock.asp) and a 1TB usb extern hdd (WD My Passport Ultra 1TB Classic Black)

I also use a Planet nic, i dont really know what model and such about that, but it works

Does anyone else have this problem?

no experience with this machine, but I did have a bare metal build based on a gigabyte mobo that would randomly shutdown when the drives spun up from sleep. The logs said 'diskstation had experienced an improper shutdown' etc. I 'proved' it by changing the sleep time and watched what happened. I couldn't resolve it so swapped the motherboard, which also had the bios reset problem so perhaps was related to that.

If your external drives are part of a volume maybe they dont always start up fast enough if sleeping so, like me, the DS shutsdown?