XPEnology Community

Strange network problem HP Proliant 40L

psionguy

Have just installed XPEnology on my microserver, followed the instructions and all working well. Have added squeezebox, and audio media server and again all good. The problem is when I close down my main computer the server is no longer visible on any of my other devices, TV, squeezebox, and my other network computers. It almost looks like I have installed in on my main computer, but clearly that is not the case, but they appeared to be linked and it will open operate when this computer is on.

I have shared folders on the network allocating a drive letter, which again is visible to all my computers only when my main computer is on.

I am not sure if I have made an error on installation, or is there some other setting that needs to be done to resolve this problem.

Has anyone else had this problem, or could offer some guidance on this issue?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Generally the Syno package 'Media Server' works well for music and video to DLNA devices so unless you need something special try that to start. As you say it sounds like you have somehow got your main computer acting as a 'gateway' file server/media server rather than the NAS.

Something to check could be the windows workgroup settings on the nas match your other machines and also that your nas does not have the same name or fixed ip same as the pc - dumb suggestions but I can't think how your issue is happening unless there is some duplication or mash up of services happening.