XPEnology Community

A Newbie Need some help :)

Flarup

Hey I just installed DSM 5.2 Update 5 on my HP Microserevr gen8

all went fine, until i shut this down. after start up, Sinology Assistent can't find my server, not either my router finds it ob the network.

I have made an ip reservation but thats not help anything.Can you please help me :smile:

Another question :smile:

I also installed the Synocommunity Packages but when i go back to the Packaages Sources it still only find the original packages from Sinology ?

The last question :smile:

I have read something about changing the serial and mac adresses

is this something i have to do so i can update my penology server in the future ?

Hi.

all went fine, until i shut this down. after start up, Sinology Assistent can't find my server, not either my router finds it ob the network.

It's possible that DSM did a reset to your BIOS, nothing uncommon with the HP Microserver. Check your BIOS settings, change them to your needs and save them as default values. This ensures that the server will reload all necessary values next time it reboots or is being powerd off.

I also installed the Synocommunity Packages

Are the additional sources still listed within the package manager? If yes DSM should list all available packages under "Community" on the left side. It sometimes takes a minute or two for DSM to retrieve all new sources/packages.

I have read something about changing the serial and mac adresses

Yes, there's a howto available in this forum.

is this something i have to do so i can update my penology server in the future ?

Nope - a "valid" serial is needed for Synology's "Quick Connect". This is a feature which allows you to connect to your NAS from outside. It's not necessary to generate a valid serial to receive and install updates for DSM. But it would be wise to check the forum first when new updates are available.