XPEnology Community

Problem with Redpill DSM Loader + ESXI 7.0

sevenoff

Question

Hello guys, soo i've just recently got a poweredge t320 with 32gb of ram and 3tb of ram, and i've just installed Esxi on it

anyway, i've followed this india tutorial

and everything loads fine but like i can't detect it on my own network, i've checked my network with the Vmware Discord and they said that the configuration was fine, i've changed the ethernet card to an e100e but still doesn't detect it on the synology app or website

i've followed this tutorial too and still didn't work : 

and even this chiness guy tutorial and took his own file and stuff but still didn't work idk why ...

pls halp pwease thanks

6 answers to this question

I have the same problem installing in ESXi 7.0.U2A, the VM cannot be detected.

Already set the MAC address in VM's network setting, but it cannot detected by Synology Assistant and web app, even the MAC has not shown in router.

It's seems that the network has not started.

I have been working to get this running the past few days, got a T320 and put on ESXi 7 on it

I installed ESXI on a spare HDD connected to the SATA connector on the motherboard - I want to passthrough the perc card(IT Mode)  to the VM completely.
I used the redpill readme.md on the github (https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill) to build out the DS3615xs 

Few notes when you create the VM

1️⃣ Give it more RAM or it will fail/slow the .pat download (I put in 4GB)

2. Give it atleast 2 processors

3. Set the boot drive vmdk to IDE

4. Set the network to e1000e

5. Set the MAC for the VM to match the one generated during the build process (./rploader.sh serialgen DS3615xs)

If you have problems, you can boot into TinyCore to check

My issue right now is I cant seem to see any drives connected to the Perc card via the Xpenology VM. I am thinking I need some drivers